Un real storm Monday afternoon

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
After what was a rather uneventful day weather wise we were greeted in the afternoon with a very strange system which went from calm no breeze to incredible wind and rain. Then it poured all night long. Woke up to a kitchen full of water that came in through a room which normally doesnt see water. The rain came off the roof so fast that it didnt drain out the front gate so it found itself inside. I just love mornings like this!
DSCN0138.jpgDSCN0139.jpgDSCN0140.jpgDSCN0141.jpgDSCN0142.jpg

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Man, that looks like tornado weather right there! Scary! Would have needed some fresh britches if I had been caught offshore in that! :puff:

Last time I saw clouds like that was west of Cholla, there were 2-3 water spouts hanging from them. I bet the wind speed was 75+mph when it hit Pinto Point.
There were 2x6's and plywood sheets flying everywhere from a house being built.

El Gato

Rain and wind slamming into us so hard that screen doors were sliding back and forth like a tennis ball at the US Open. Water coming down in sheets so that the grooves in the sliding doors spilled over into the house as the water couldn't funnel out fast enough. All on the south side. Window on the north side that really could have used a good bath hardly got a drop.

This morning, the weather map showed what looked like another storm coming thru Penasco.....what a summer monsoon season!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Boy, I hope my trailer doesn't have a new space number! If I'd have seen the cloud in that third picture, I'd have RAN to Mark and Barb's! Yikes!

340631_223886264407386_411889521_o.jpg This is my shot from Monday night....wind was amazing and reminded me of the Florida hurricanes...Our pool at Esmeralda is still trying to recover from all the sand.