Unauthorized Checkpoints on 8 to Rocky Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was that song...Rambling Rosey? next time write a script!
Sorry you don't like it, Jerry but last time we tried a script it was worse. I always count on Manny to do magic with his editing and he didn't let me down this time either. I will say the same thing to you that I say to those in Mexico who criticize the accent I speak with: Pay attention to what I say not how I say it...you might learn something. At least no one can say I'm not natural.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Personally I like how you dismiss this official message because you basically asked everyone who you were circulating the email with "did you hear anything like this? No? Guess it's not true."

I think the U.S. consulate would have significantly better sources of accurate information than the RP rumor mill.

Your investigative journalism skills are as impressive as Russ' hyperbole.
Hey Sub leave me out of your crap. Your post, your signature tells everyone who you are. Your personal agenda is clear and your opinions are worthless to me and I think a few more here. Go crawl back in your spider hole por favor!

I can't believe all the "in-fighting" that's going on here on the Forum about this "report" from the consulate!:evil::cry:

I am not normally into the conspiracy theory garbage, but this time it does seem unusual that this report was put out just before Memorial Day......

The other questionable part is about the Consulate's report of people being killed when they didn't stop at one of these "checkpoints"......if the consulate had reports of this happening, why is it that they are just reporting this now????? And where were the reports of these killings of gringos in the US news media if the information was available????

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The whole thing is a lie and made up Joe thats the point. What it did was scare people before a holiday. It is unverifiable and against the policy of the Consulate to do what they did. They did it anyway against their own writing guidelines, it is incredible. They do not even respond to reporters questions about the issue they are simply stonewalling waiting for it to go away, they did their damage, they will apologize after the weekend for the inaccuracy but it will be too late for the weekend

jerry

Sorry you don't like it, Jerry but last time we tried a script it was worse. I always count on Manny to do magic with his editing and he didn't let me down this time either. I will say the same thing to you that I say to those in Mexico who criticize the accent I speak with: Pay attention to what I say not how I say it...you might learn something. At least no one can say I'm not natural.
Hey Rosey although it was a little bit Fidel Castroish in length I (being on the non-crazy side) agree with your points but think a 30 second intro would have been helpful.This sound bite lets others link to your video easier.
That being said I still find it a bit off putting none of the locals mentioned the gun battle between the Navy and the Narcos in town last month or the story on the fireworks factory exploding.Having worked with explosives some in my past it is a real shame this was allowed in town and killed a worker.Damn i can't buy pot anymore because it puts money into the hands of criminal gangs and now i can't buy fireworks from businesses that don't value human life.i guess i have to grow my own pot and make my own skyrockets....could be a dangerous combination!

Hey Rosey although it was a little bit Fidel Castroish in length I (being on the non-crazy side) agree with your points but think a 30 second intro would have been helpful.This sound bite lets others link to your video easier.
That being said I still find it a bit off putting none of the locals mentioned the gun battle between the Navy and the Narcos in town last month or the story on the fireworks factory exploding.Having worked with explosives some in my past it is a real shame this was allowed in town and killed a worker.Damn i can't buy pot anymore because it puts money into the hands of criminal gangs and now i can't buy fireworks from businesses that don't value human life.i guess i have to grow my own pot and make my own skyrockets....could be a dangerous combination!
For months I had been putting out the RPNO without any real heavy news happening. No sooner do I suffer a health "situation" that interfered with my being able to keep the paper up, when all hell breaks loose. We all know that I was the source for the kind of information you've been lacking, and for letting my readers down, I apologize. I will try to do better. In the meantime, you are free to ask me questions about anything you want to know.

The fireworks storage was actually meant to hold only the containers and no powder. That there was powder made the situation much more dangerous, and it was unauthorized. Unfortunate for those who were affected. The shooting of two bad guys by local Naval authorities did occur on Lopez Portillo in an area surrounded by empty land on April 30 at about 5:30pm.

As for your critique on my camera style (lack thereof), all I can say is now you know where we got the term Ramblin' Rosie!

jerry

Rosy have you heard anything about the situation in Altar with the police basically stopping every outsider they can? Plus the car jackings between Altar and Caborca? I go that way and have never had a problem but it seems whoever controls the Altar area police are out and out crooks.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Rosie: I hope you are feeling better! I appreciate your no-nonsense approach to getting info out to us and am looking forward to the return of RPNO! Yours is a voice I can trust!:happy:

I've taken the liberty of publishing the RPTVA's statement as a press release in The Tides. I also embedded the video. The article I published yesterday about the whole mess got 1,065 page views, so hopefully our campaign to get the facts out and repair some of the damage done will be at least partially successful.

I liked the video, Rosy (nice editing, Manny). I thought you were especially effective explaining the ad. And Russ, the part where you explained why the Consulate did what it did was well thought out. Great job, all of you, especially on such short notice! KUDOS! :thumbsup: :notworthy: :woo:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
There are unofficial roadblocks in bad neighborhoods in South Phoenix that I wouldnt stop for called STOP SIGNS... The press and journalists should be ashamed of themselves for reporting irresponsibly. These are UN verifiable reports, by UN identifiable people, about UN official checkpoints in an UN known location somewhere on the 8! Jesus, some story there. I think the only people these stories reach are the people that think MExico is a war zone like its IRAQ or something... More RP for me and you guys then i guess lol... a complete laugher this whole situation is. 3 days before the biggest weekend in RP. I bet its Joe Arpaio, hes in it with the state of Sonora right now, claiming the tourism ads were really ads targeting Arizonans for assualt, LOL....

Kenny

Personally I like how you dismiss this official message because you basically asked everyone who you were circulating the email with "did you hear anything like this? No? Guess it's not true."
Personaly LOL, you have no idea who I sent it to, what I asked, or what, if any responce I got from them. The fact is smart guy, you don't even know where I got it from, not alone who I sent it to.

Last edited:
S

Submarine

Thanks for letting us know that you just pass along whatever crap that suits you, no thought to veracity.
It's quoted text you ignorant fool, which means I was not the author. This is a discussion forum and if I want to post something that might provoke discussion (even if Jerry wants to turn it into an Extendz commercial) I will.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
I think we've had enough of this.

Yeah, I was considering pulling the plug on it, too. Ya beat me to it, Tyler. But over 200 replies and 4500+ views in less than 2 days makes it the most popular thread ever to be posted here. Go figure. -- Stuart

Oh, forgot the reason for editing -- :deadhorse:

Status
Not open for further replies.