Unprecedented

mis2810

Well there are a lot of things one could bring up, but it sort of ends up sounding like we want it to look like Phoenix and not a Mexican town in a way. It's far from perfect but I do not think I could live in the US again.
I agree with this statement, but to a point. I hate it when I see the Burger King, Circle K, and Dominos - huge, glaring signs and reminders of the US. But I understand for the Mexicans it brings jobs - ok fine. But, cleaning up the town doesn't have to mean sanitizing it like Phoenix subdivisions that have HOA Nazis nitpicking every little thing. I haven't read every detail of it, but there's been some problem with the sanitation workers down there - I think it's OOMAPAS - or some acronym like that. People were mad that their garbage hadn't been picked up in a long time. Although I'm sure the resorts get theirs picked up - which isn't exactly fair to locals. We were at Pollo Lucas a week ago this past Thursday and could not eat because of the amount of flies that were all over the place. Lost our appetite and then wished we would have noticed before so we could have taken it "to go" instead.

Roberto

Did not mean to appear to minimize health or saftey issues at all. I could make a list believe me. Got stopped recently for going through a YELLOW light. I hit it ust as it changed and powered on through. Told the officer how happy I was to see some enforcement of traffic control in Penasaco. Talked about cabbies honking at me when I stop for stop signs and how people ignore them. He got a big smile and let me go.

Terry C

Mexico Joe sez, Have to throw the BS flag on this one, 10 yards from the spot of the foul, replay first down! I left RP today at 1130am and IT WAS GUSTING 30 out of the North NE

We are 8 miles East of Rock Point and there was NO wind there....

My son was in Cholla Bay from Sat the 4th till Wed. the 8th and said it blew 20-30 mph until Mon. night the 6th.

On another note, looks like the wind is blowing from the east lately, Does anyone know how bad are the flies and smell coming from the Penasco garbage dump is?
I am hoping that the strike has been resolved, because the people who live in RP don't deserve that.
I have been there a couple of times when the dump had problems and it was bad. Going down next week and want to be able to enjoy being outside

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Mexico Joe sez, Have to throw the BS flag on this one, 10 yards from the spot of the foul, replay first down! I left RP today at 1130am and IT WAS GUSTING 30 out of the North NE

You have done me no wrong on this forum so I wont be too hard on you but this is complete BS. If you want to lie, lie to yourself but not the people on the forum, they come here for accurate information. I left at exactly 1130am on Sunday May 12 and the wind was gusting 20 - 30 mph out of the N NE. It was so bad my truck could only do 75mph on the way to the border which to my recollection has only happened one other time. Bushes, tumbleweeds, sand and dirt was being blown across the roadway the entire way till about GILA BEND.

rplarry

Well there are a lot of things one could bring up, but it sort of ends up sounding like we want it to look like Phoenix and not a Mexican town in a way. It's far from perfect but I do not think I could live in the US again.
Roberto, I know there a lot of things everyone could bring up. Pot holes everywhere, poor lighting at night, terrible stop signs that come up with no warning (to visitors), locals who hardly ever adhere to traffic lights or driving laws, stray and starving animals all over the place,etc, etc.

I don't want it like Phoenix at all, that is why I love coming down to Rocky Point. BUT, unnecessary bugs and flies, and raw sewage rifting through the air is hardly a stretch to ask for change.

I understand in this 'charming' Mexican town that some of those things are what we 'visitors' deal with coming from the US. But you are totally missing my point. If gaining additional Penasco loyalists (like yourself) from the U.S., which the local administration and the state of Sonora is trying very hard in doing, it might be nice to make a few little improvements. If you are used to the flies and poo, than more power to you. My point is more in discussion with growing the economy, jobs, business, commerce, etc.

I don't think eradicating MASSIVE quantities of HUGE fly infestations all over your patio, inside your house and all over your food is asking to much. Nor do I think eliminating the disgusting smell of burning crap in the air takes away from the 'charm' of Mexico.

It's counter intuitive to build a ton of beautiful high rise living space, bring in a major cruise line destination, basically try to lure people from elsewhere to vacation or move to Puerto Penasco and then have them go to take a bite of their fly taco and take a deep breath of that fresh fecal breeze.

It makes absolutely zero sense. Something Americans I guess just have to deal with because it has been going on forever and I see NO paradigm change anywhere in the near future.

Terry C

Joe,,,look at the graph... maybe 8 mph and no gust what so ever........ this is not BS...Insert apology here > _________ and here _________ Note i Said 10:15,,,,,,,not 11:30 not 12:00

mondone

Whitecaps

You were both correct. When I left Encanto it was still and when I headed for the border I hit the gustiest conditions ever of all my trips home. Damn near got blown off the road a few times.:cruisin::aagh:

dmcauley

We went out saturday to the deeper reefs and even tho the wind was blowing inshore, it was really flat 20 miles out. We had a great day on the Josefina and so did Audie on his cat. It really sucks Joe and I understand you completely. The weather looks good for the morning tide on Saturday but the winds will be picking up before the next tide. Don't know much about the grouper bite Stu but as long as I keep seeing yellowtail and catching WSB on the deeper reefs, thats where I.ll be heading

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe,,,look at the graph... maybe 8 mph and no gust what so ever........ this is not BS...Insert apology here > _________ and here _________ Note i Said 10:15,,,,,,,not 11:30 not 12:00

Maybe apparently we were both taught to read line graphs differently but when I read one, I go to 10am and I look straight up and I see at least two dots concerning wind gust, one at 15mph and one at 20mph.

Down this last weekend and it was still blowing. Fri, Sat, Sun and wind. Mon. am was nice but we had to head home. Based on the wind on the way North I would have expected it to still be windy. Well we will be back 2 teeks from now and may be I can fish. This next time may be the end of the season for us so I sure hope it will be nice. I will be spending June getting Cataracts taken out of each eye.