Unprecedented

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
From the Rocky Point pros, has this amount of wind ever been seen before?! 2 weeks of wind, seemingly no end in sight, SMH I just came to Rocky Point and waisted my life away. Fawking Fawk man Fawk, It's so depressing. #noclimatechangedoesntexist

jerry

10 days ago it was so bad it blew my dog off the Atv...fishing from shore I cast out and the bait blew back and landed behind me

GV Jack

Snorin God
That's nothing. I had to put on a hat because my hair was blowing into my eyes.

Now that's windy.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
As bad as I've had the fishing bug... I've been waiting it out. There's a reason they call it a "heaving" sea!!!

Just no fun for anyone when it's windy. :boat:

From the Rocky Point pros, has this amount of wind ever been seen before?! 2 weeks of wind, seemingly no end in sight, SMH I just came to Rocky Point and waisted my life away. Fawking Fawk man Fawk, It's so depressing. #noclimatechangedoesntexist
It was beautiful last weekend no wind just a nice breeze on Saturday from the south.

Roberto

Hot and dry here with gusting breezes. At 8 AM it was 90F with 12% humidity and unusual wind out of the north. Breakers were going away from the beach.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
It's 91 right now 10:15 and very still. Warm

Have to throw the BS flag on this one, 10 yards from the spot of the foul, replay first down! I left RP today at 1130am and IT WAS GUSTING 30 out of the North NE the whole way to the border I felt like I had a parachute attached to my truck. Just eating wind the whole way, I've maybe had only one other time that is was more windy from Sonoyta to Rocky Point. On a side note, the wind is depressing. I feel like there's 5 fishable days each month and trying to plan a trip and come down based on three different websites for wind is apparently not working. Looked at windfinder, it looks like another 8-10 days of wind + the 4 i just spent down there, 14 days of wind????? I still got out Saturday caught 2 really big rock bass then got ballsy and ventured out past pelican point made a big loop to the right then out to the middle of the bay and back in trolling, caught nothing. The swells were nasty I had water breaking over the kayak. Just the biggest waste of a trip.

jerry

Days like this make us that built in the back away from the blowing sand look pretty smart.The first row at Santo Tomas is nearly impassible for a non AWDvehicle after 3 days of wind.The pattern I am used to seeing is 3 days of wind then calm.This spring is really strange.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The pattern I am used to seeing is 3 days of wind then calm.
Yup. That is indeed the "normal" pattern and virtually all the captains in Rocky Point will tell you the same thing.

On the bright side, as soon as it does lay down, there should be an awesome grouper bite ready to take off!! Tides look nice for this coming weekend. If the wind cooperates, could be a nice flat day and epic bite!

Have to throw the BS flag on this one, 10 yards from the spot of the foul, replay first down! I left RP today at 1130am and IT WAS GUSTING 30 out of the North NE the whole way to the border I felt like I had a parachute attached to my truck. Just eating wind the whole way, I've maybe had only one other time that is was more windy from Sonoyta to Rocky Point. On a side note, the wind is depressing. I feel like there's 5 fishable days each month and trying to plan a trip and come down based on three different websites for wind is apparently not working. Looked at windfinder, it looks like another 8-10 days of wind + the 4 i just spent down there, 14 days of wind????? I still got out Saturday caught 2 really big rock bass then got ballsy and ventured out past pelican point made a big loop to the right then out to the middle of the bay and back in trolling, caught nothing. The swells were nasty I had water breaking over the kayak. Just the biggest waste of a trip.
Pics of said large rock bass? #jealousyoufished

Roberto

Of course the wind died down last night to a slow blow jsut enough to cover the town with smoke from the dump fire but not enough to blow it away. IT was STINKY here last night, could not open the windows.

HOT again today. Maybe it's really August and my calendar is screwed up? NAW, not humid enough.

rplarry

Of course the wind died down last night to a slow blow jsut enough to cover the town with smoke from the dump fire but not enough to blow it away. IT was STINKY here last night, could not open the windows.

HOT again today. Maybe it's really August and my calendar is screwed up? NAW, not humid enough.
Here's my question: Why does the Sonoran/Penasco chamber or whatever the promotional organization is called... instead of spending all this money on television ads making Rocky Point look like this amazing vacation destination, etc. , instead spend that money on not letting all that stinky smoke infiltrate the town?? Or, prevent all the flies that wreak havoc from the black lagoon on vacationers?

If I were a first time visitor and had to deal with the flies and the smell of smoky feces floating through the air, I would never come back to Penasco.

While I completely love the beautiful town and people of Penasco, I have never been able to understand the lack of forethought (especially from all the elected officials in the administration) who are continually trying to woo vacationers from the US to visit Rocky Point, but do NOTHING to clean the place up from trash, flies, or the nauseating poo smell that can almost ruin an entire trip down there.

Anyone else have any similar thoughts regarding this ?

Roberto

Well there are a lot of things one could bring up, but it sort of ends up sounding like we want it to look like Phoenix and not a Mexican town in a way. It's far from perfect but I do not think I could live in the US again.

playaperro

El Pirata
The fire was not intentionally set by sanitation workers, could of been set off by embers from a primitive beach fire that someone dropped off.