Very bad dental experience in Rocky Point

mis2810

Well Known Member
I'm curious to see what others have to say. I was just there 2 times last week and honestly, it was one of the best dental experiences I've ever had and I'm a HUGE chicken.

jerry

Well Known Member
Whoa...that is way to messed up to even joke about...She needs to make that right or we all should share on Facebook

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Interesting. I'm actually about to go through something similar and had considered Mexico as an option. However, felt more comfortable with the local folks I know here in AZ that do stellar work.

That X ray kind of tells the whole story, doesn't look good and just reinforces my decision. Cheaper is not always better.

Not pointing a finger at Dr. Angela Acuna or anything. I'm sure she has plenty of satisfied customers as well. Kinda depends on what you're having done. In my case, losing upper back molars because of repeated infection and pain, bone graft, and implants. Just not something I wanted to travel to Penasco and have done for the sake of saving some money.

Terry C

Well Known Member
I'm with ya Stuart, same exact thing here but just with bone graft and implants. Some people advertise same day implants...pfffft... mine are a 7 month plus process.

marybna

Well Known Member
We had a friend come down from Oregon for implants. He went to Nogales to have them. Lots of reviews. Also heard that many good implant place across border in Yuma. I had a crown replaced in Nogales and then went to Oregon for a month. Just before I can home the whole thing failed. Dentist said "Not bad work just what was left of tooth failed."

Rhino

Well Known Member
Go to Dr Abraham Estrada on Revolucion just before Rodeo Drive and the new Convention Center; phone number 638 383 5652 and 602 774 4494. I have had a number of implants, crowns and other procedures done by him with total satisfaction. I have also referred a number of friends to him with the same result. I have tried a number of other dentists in Penasco, including Rocky Smiles, with far less success than with Dr Estrada.

jerry

Well Known Member
Interesting. I'm actually about to go through something similar and had considered Mexico as an option. However, felt more comfortable with the local folks I know here in AZ that do stellar work.

That X ray kind of tells the whole story, doesn't look good and just reinforces my decision. Cheaper is not always better.

Not pointing a finger at Dr. Angela Acuna or anything. I'm sure she has plenty of satisfied customers as well. Kinda depends on what you're having done. In my case, losing upper back molars because of repeated infection and pain, bone graft, and implants. Just not something I wanted to travel to Penasco and have done for the sake of saving some money.
I can pull those for you Stewart!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I can pull those for you Stewart!
Well, thanks for the offer, Jerry! They came out yesterday and the bone graft done. Today, I'm just feeling a bit raw and sore. Back two upper left. I had been thinking I was getting sinus infections and would take amoxicillin and be okay after a couple of days. Painless (my dentist) told me it wasn't sinus, that it was some abscesses going on at the roots of those two molars. He was right, I was wrong, but the two are so close together it's a common mistake.

I asked if I could see the two teeth after they pulled them. Wanted to say bye to them and thanks for making it for 62 years. I was thinking of taking them and getting them gold plated and wearing them around my neck.

Versed is fun drug! Hahaha!

AZRob

Well Known Member
I thought I had the sinus infection also, I finally gave in and found out I cracked the back upper right down the middle all the way down to the roots. Not repairable and need it pulled last week.

I managed to crack it by eating a Christmas tamale that had a piece of bone in it. Note to self, never buy tamales from my sister in law.

Dang Jerry you could of pulled it for me and saved me $350.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Years back a dentist told me he needed to pull the upper wisdom teeth. I asked him why as there were no problems. His response was They offend me. I laughed at him and declined. Still have both l. Found another dentist as well. Another guy wanted to scrape the bone and cut the gums. He gave me a long rant about how there was nothing I could do but this and my teeth would all fall out. Got a water pick and still have all those same teeth !! Both episodes well over 20 years ago. Munch, munch

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Not to belittle anyone's experience or complaint but I don't think the Dentists or Doctors in Mexico have a monopoly on complaints about their work. The courts in the US are stuffed to the gills with medical malparactic lawsuits. I personally have had pretty darn good treatment in the ER rooms in Mexico.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Not to belittle anyone's experience or complaint but I don't think the Dentists or Doctors in Mexico have a monopoly on complaints about their work. The courts in the US are stuffed to the gills with medical malparactic lawsuits. I personally have had pretty darn good treatment in the ER rooms in Mexico.
You usually get what you pay for.

Estella

Recently our American dentist, whom we respect and trust, quoted us $21,500 for four much needed implants for my lower jaw
I find it interesting that people would spend that much money on buying another car that they don't need but well cheap out on their medical needs.
You eat with your teeth, they are in your head, you need teeth and don't need luxury items. At the end of the day you wouldn't have saved that much money anyway.

Dr. Michael J. Babbidge
Colonel USAF (ret)
Spend the money in USA, help out the economy, feel good about it Colonel.

Given the above, we have asked Dr. Romo four times for a partial refund. Our first two emails were answered with an insistence we return for further work. Not likely. The third and fourth have not been answered at all.
Old Mexican say: Quien no tranza no avanza! There is no honor, respect, and reputation anymore in Mexico.

jerry

Well Known Member
I find it interesting that people would spend that much money on buying another car that they don't need but well cheap out on their medical needs.
You eat with your teeth, they are in your head, you need teeth and don't need luxury items. At the end of the day you wouldn't have saved that much money anyway.

Spend the money in USA, help out the economy, feel good about it Colonel.

Old Mexican say: Quien no tranza no avanza! There is no honor, respect, and reputation anymore in Mexico.
Come on..the big dental office along the border are up to US standards.Six months ago I had a rear molar pulled at a high tech Tucson shop.I came back and the new contract dentist ( a thing now in big offices) showed me the X-ray from the pulled tooth and schedule me for pulling the perfectly good one on the other side....that would have hurt!

Whoa...that is way to messed up to even joke about...She needs to make that right or we all should share on Facebook
After several emails to Dr Acuna explaining the issue and requesting at least a partial refund, she finally replied that my husband should return to Rocky Smiles and they would make him a denture. He explained again that he had, at great pain and expense, had to have the hardware removed and was not coming back for a denture. A man named David, who said he was her husband, called once to see if he could make a deal so we would stop posting on line. He was supposed to talk to Dr. Acuna and call back but did not. Subsequent calls and emails, both to him and Dr. Acuna, have been ignored.