Walmart running sale on school supplies....

Looks like it's that time again....school supplies for Mark (Seadweller) and Barb's Adopt a School program...the sales are starting at Walmart....

Saw spiral notebooks for 20 cents a peice, pencil (20 pack?) for 79 cents.....

Thanks Joe.... I'll let Harold know about this, we gave him money to start shopping... I think that the notebooks will probably come down in price a little more (I hope)... last year we were getting some for 10 cents...

El Gato

If you are buying the school supplies for charity (schools down here) maybe the manager could give a discount?

We usually do get a pretty good deal when we buy supplies in big quanities... last year Harold picked up over 30 cases of 50 notebooks and paid 10 cents for each notebook... that's why I was thinking they will still go down in price within the next couple of weeks...

each year we try to pick up around 2000 notebooks for the start of the school year and then another 2000 for the second half of the year.... along with pencils, crayons, erasers, glue, sizors, pencil sharpeners, rulers and other basic school supplies...

we work with 3 schools in the outlying areas of town where families are less fortunate... but each of these schools has two sessions a morning, and an afternoon session which are totally seperate from each other... (different supervisor, teachers, and students) we will see some teachers work at one school in the morning and then at a completely different school in the afternoon (we've gotten to know many of them pretty well over the past 8 years)

and we also help out La Montana School for Special Needs Children where the students range from preschool to 21 years old...

I know you guys have been doing this for years, but in light of the new food/clothing/etc. restrictions when entering Mexico, will this be an issue? I've read some odd posts lately about how how random they've been at the border about what is and isn't acceptable, under the guise of protecting the Mexican economy.

I know you guys have been doing this for years, but in light of the new food/clothing/etc. restrictions when entering Mexico, will this be an issue? I've read some odd posts lately about how how random they've been at the border about what is and isn't acceptable, under the guise of protecting the Mexican economy.
Good Question GringoZona, Thanks for asking... I'm hoping that there wont be any issues with bringing down school supplies... and I wouldn't expect the boarder agents to stop someone from bringing in a bag or two of school supplies... when it comes to the bigger loads like Harold brings down we would be able to go through the proper channels and get the needed paperwork through the Association Civil and or pay the necessary taxes to import the goods...

AZ ROB

While at the grocery store Fry's they had the notebooks on sale for $ .15 and walmart does price match