Water shortage

playaperro

El Pirata
Do you have a tank and pump system? We disconnected our pump years ago and now rely on city water pressure
Good info Dez, Gets expensive with the pump turning on and off, what kind of pressure do you have and are you close to the pumps, I hang out in sec 1, Tks in advance.

I'm in section 8. We disconnected the tank and pump. system 4 - 5 years ago since the city supply was pretty reliable, most of the time. We have been getting 30-40 psi.

Also got tried of replacing the pump every couple of years

playaperro

El Pirata
Goona have to give that a try if Roberto thats 3.8 miles away is not using a pump, he's been in training taking a shower in a bucket, Tks again Dez, Sorry about my previous posts with you.

Landshark

Has anyone installed a personal desalination unit? The price of a truckload of water has doubled in recent years and we need to look at our alternatives. A guy in Encanto has one so we need to talk to him but wondering if anybody else has any input.

Estero

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I had been toying with the idea of a marine water maker, something like this http://www.westmarine.com/buy/katadyn--powersurvivor-80e-watermaker--10676120
Makes about 80 gallons a day.
I bought one from this company in Oregon in 2006, $2500.00 and it made 500 gallons a day, the water tested at 70 ppm after it was filtered....http://www.uswatermaker.com/ you might still find them on ebay . You can piece your own watermaker together fairly cheap, the biggest expense is a high pressure pump... If I remember to make that kind of volume it took about 700 to 800 psi pump..Also back in the mid 2000's a company by the name of Agua Dulce was installing 12 volt desalinators in Playa Encanto and charging approx 16,000 dollar for the system...without permits...

JimMcG

How would a person access a continuous supply of salt water other than a shallow well on a beach property or running a water line to the sea? Either way, I would think that the Mexican, government officials might have something to say about it if they found out.

Estero

I bought one from this company in Oregon in 2006, $2500.00 and it made 500 gallons a day, the water tested at 70 ppm after it was filtered....http://www.uswatermaker.com/ you might still find them on ebay . You can piece your own watermaker together fairly cheap, the biggest expense is a high pressure pump... If I remember to make that kind of volume it took about 700 to 800 psi pump..Also back in the mid 2000's a company by the name of Agua Dulce was installing 12 volt desalinators in Playa Encanto and charging approx 16,000 dollar for the system...without permits...
Very cool! Are you still using it? $2,500 is a hell of a deal.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Very cool! Are you still using it? $2,500 is a hell of a deal.
We put it on a boat, the boat is now in San Carlos, but I'm sure its still being used...Call the guy...He may or may not remember me, we put it then on a boat that was in San Diego...it was easy to install

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Here is one similar to what, U.S. Watermaker sold before http://www.qwwinc.com/id6.html $3800.00 for about 500 gallons a day, there is another that makes 40 gallons an hour, for a little more money....Youŕe not going to get the filters, pump and motor in a fancy box, but they work the same for a lot less money.......

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
How would a person access a continuous supply of salt water other than a shallow well on a beach property or running a water line to the sea? Either way, I would think that the Mexican, government officials might have something to say about it if they found out.
Thats why I mentioned without permits in the other post, on the hiway to El Golfo, there were 2 projects, Playa Mia and Sunset Village both were fined for illegal desalinator's... with a desal unit you have to pump 1500 gallons to get 500 purified. or 3 t0 1, the other 2 gallons now heavy with salts needs to go back to the sea....in Encanto Agua Dulce drilled 2 holes 1 to feed the pump and the other for the bypass to return to the sea...

So after a few days we discovered that at Las Conchas... We get water regularly from 8pm to 3pm.

But the mosquitos are out of control at night... We're getting eaten alive

JimMcG

Even with city water, I would consider leaving the onsite water tank in the water supply circuit in order to ensure a back up supply when the city water is shut down. The pump would only have to be turned on when the city water is not working, but the reserve water would still have to be used and replenished to keep it fresh and usable when needed.