Water Temperature

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Does anyone know a reliable source for water temperature on any given day in Penasco? I am talking ocean water here not bath water or tap water or toilet water.....Ocean water ---thanks

There's that subscription fishing site that people used to talk about on here that has a fairly accurate water temp, according to the local fishermen. I think you can get a 30-day trial for free, and the main site will show you general readings without any membership. Anyone remember the link?

jerry

Swim Season Chart Sonora Mexico
Fat, Drunk Guys March 1 to Dec. 1
Kids March 15 to Nov. 24
Guys April 25 to Nov. 7
Skinny Complaining Girl Friends June 15 to Sept. 25

You think, yesterday's water temp was 79? According to my "big toe" (while dipping it in the water yesterday to determine the water temp):???: it was a "chilly" 74 degrees !

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
On Saturday - 68 degrees in the A.M. just off the Mirador area while making bait. At the 51 Mile Reef, 70-71 degrees all afternoon.

MIRAMAR

I took a water thermometer out last weekend at about 2:00 p.m. and left it in the water for 5 minutes, and it said 79 degrees. My husband said it was quite a bit cooler about 3 feet down. It may have cooled off this weekend- I didn't measure it.

MIRAMAR

The water has cooled off quite a bit since a month ago. It felt cooling when we first got in then we quickly got used to it. I didn't have a thermometer but I'm guessing 83 to 85 degrees.