We are shut down!

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
Russ, can we drive from Sonoyta to Playa Miramar without going through town? Husband has a permanent resident card.

Last edited:

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Hello Miramar,

You can go south from Sonoyta to Caborca then come back north to Playa Miramar without going thru Penasco. IF THE ROADS ARE OPEN.

JJ

Kea

Well Known Member
A few hours ago there was a police checkpoint on Fremont before the Las Conchas turn off. They asked if we lived here & what section. We answered “yes” & told the the section. We showed them our last CFE bill and they let us through. Not sure what they would have said if we didn’t live here.

Roberto

Well Known Member
The stop on Fremont near the Las Conchas entrance has been staffed only occasionally. I do not know the schedule. Yesterday they were there in the afternoon. They did not get out of the truck and waved me past. They left at 6. Friday there was a larger group and 3 vehicles. They did stop me and ask where I lived, I told them and they waved me through.
I wonder what, if anything, they do about the truckloads of construction workers that come into the community every day.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Terry, do you know if we could take the Caborca Highway to Miramar (we turn off before the Mayan)
You would need to know how they apply and enforce the entry quarantine that is reported to apply to residents coming into town. I saw one description that you had to stay in a motel for the quarantine.

You might call one of the medical clinics and inquire if they can tell you about the quarantine parameters as they usually have an english speaker. Try the san Jose 638 388 0121

It is all confusing at this point to me at least. I wish there was a hotline that one could call to ask questions.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
We made it to Playa Miramar. The checkpoint is after, south, of the bridge/turn to Caborca
How did you get southward through the border, through Sonoyta, to the bypass road without being quarantined? (There were no checkpoints along that entire route?)

Last edited:

girlfran

Live together but only 1 person per vehicle is allowed out? So do we take 2 separate vehicles then sit together at places we can still dine in?

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
We showed them my husband's Permanent Resident card and just sat there ( I think they wanted a bribe but we didn't say anything and just stared until he said go)

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Those with Permanent Resident cards are supposed to have Sonoran plates, although it’s been suggested that the plates would only be required beyond the Penasco area.. That potential issue has been the reason we have kept our Permanentes under wraps until we were certain. You’re the first clue. . .