We need a GOLF forum

RPJoe,
I felt the same way until I started playing. It was a situation with the hubby of "if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em". (He was out having fun and I was home doing laundry...................now, if the laundry doesn't get done, it's because we're out playing golf and no one is to blame but the two of us). I'm so glad I did because it is the most amazing game...............soooooo challenging and that's why I like it.
Thank you, Mexico Joe, my husband and I couldn't have said it better (and we own a sandrail LOL)!! We are not diehard golf fanatics and don't go to places to specifically play golf, but it is great to be able to play in RP. You did not mention the very first nine holes open down there...........Laguna del Mar. My husband played it three or four times before it disappeared. Anyone know what happened there? You said it's only $60.00 to play the Mayan...........did you use one of their coupons or did you stay there??? (How did you get such a good rate?)
Like I said....to each his (or her) own....I just don't have any interest in golf.....and it doesn't help that I'm too frugal (or per my daughter....CHEAP!!!) to pay that kind of money. To those who enjoy the game....great....just keep on putting!!!

Stuart,
Thanks to you and the rest of you fishermen/women for allowing us to invade your fishing forum!! (That's where we'll start posting about golf from now on). There's room for everyone:gofish:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Mexico Joe,
We played the executive course at Palm Valley when we were up there in February. What an absolutely delightful little course that is. Have you ever played it?
I dont think Im familiar with Palm Valley, is it in Arizona or Palm Springs? Im not sure if Ive heard of it, I live in Phoenix. You know, you really dont have to hit the ball that far to play these championship courses because they design the course to be played from 4 or sometimes 5 different tee boxes. From the TIPS or longest tee, which is where the PGA guys play the course from can be unforgiving, however when played from one of the more foward tees the same course can be managable and fun. Honestly, I dont think it matters how good you are I would give it a shot. The scenery is amazing and you can tell everyone you played a Jack Nickalous course right on the sea of cortez. Let me see if I can find one of my yardage books or scorecards and I can tell you how many yards it is from the tees that I think you would want to play and then you can compare it to an executive course that you play and see if its relatively comparable. Either way I still think you should give it a shot because like I said the course conditions and scenery are fantastic. Ill post some pics also and find you that yardage, adios.

Last edited: