Weather

Kenny

There predicting snow showers up here in Prescott for tomorrow, and it's way to early for that.

Jim

Very warm today. Kind of breezy this afternoon but right now it is downright windy. Lots of dust in the air. Very cool when I take the kids to school in the mornings (almost jacket weather) but by 10 or 11 it is tanktop weather again.

Very warm today. Kind of breezy this afternoon but right now it is downright windy. Lots of dust in the air. Very cool when I take the kids to school in the mornings (almost jacket weather) but by 10 or 11 it is tanktop weather again.

Where are you, Jim??

:sunny:shine on Tuesday Oct. 27 and the wind was blowing a bit this afternoon then quit around sundown only to recently pick back up... as for the temp... I was just outside playing with Boo and I was only wearing my shorts so it is still quite comfortable in Rocky Point at night (9:30 PM).

I love this time of year when you can sleep with the windows open and you don't need to be all bundled up with blankets in bed...

:sunny:shine on Tuesday Oct. 27 and the wind was blowing a bit this afternoon then quit around sundown only to recently pick back up... as for the temp... I was just outside playing with Boo and I was only wearing my shorts so it is still quite comfortable in Rocky Point at night (9:30 PM).

I love this time of year when you can sleep with the windows open and you don't need to be all bundled up with blankets in bed...
Boy...OHH Boy!!
Between your videos and this, you sure know how to make people envy you!!!
Penasco this time of the year IS the best!!

envy me? lol I don't think so... but I do admit I am blessed by being able to love living life in Rocky Point.
Yes, I do envy you being down there with the Sea of Cortes, the city and people of R.P. and your dog "Boo" and your family. And I admire what you do for the children of Penasco!
...And for us on the forum who can't be there.
Where is the green smiley??(with a regular face)

Jim

No problem. I grew up in Minnesota and moved to Tucson in 1985. I've been full time in Penasco for about 2 years. I have no plans to ever move back.

Kenny

Thanks Guys!
Kenny, how often do you get to go down? And for how long?
I wasn't ignoring you, I just now found this question.

Lets see, I guess it depends. I have way more time off than money, and I have another passion, Sprint car racing ( that's not NASCAR) that takes up both as well. I have a 3 day show in Tucson in November, that's right before Thanksgiving, and I'll spend all three day's there. For sure I set aside 10 day's in June and 10 October, with about the second week of June being my favorite time at the Sea of Cortez. It's the time of renewal and rebirth and I'm alive still.. I hope.:sunny:.. I come down for no less than three day's, and in the recent past I was down in June, July, Oct, and I'll probably be down in November again. Last year I was down for Thanksgiving, and then around New years again, and a few more times...I don't remember things to well according to Chari.
OK, right back at ya. How often do you go down, for how long, and where?

Kenny

Last edited:

cheatka

Whats going on with Manzanita on 35 Ave? It looks like they're tearing it down, is it moving or just ending? I'm sure it has something to do with all the new homes that have gone in around it.....just like the dairy farms and feedlots:(

I wasn't ignoring you, I just now found this question.

Lets see, I guess it depends. I have way more time off than money, and I have another passion, Sprint car racing ( that's not NASCAR) that takes up both as well. I have a 3 day show in Tucson in November, that's right before Thanksgiving, and I'll spend all three day's there. For sure I set aside 10 day's in June and 10 October, with about the second week of June being my favorite time at the Sea of Cortez. It's the time of renewal and rebirth and I'm alive still.. I hope.:sunny:.. I come down for no less than three day's, and in the recent past I was down in June, July, Oct, and I'll probably be down in November again. Last year I was down for Thanksgiving, and then around New years again, and a few more times...I don't remember things to well according to Chari.
OK, right back at ya. How often do you go down, for how long, and where?

Kenny
Sorry it took so long, Kenny.
I used to go down ever "June" and "October"(sound familiar?) Help my mom either unpack or pack-up depending. (I only got a week-10 days here and there).Last time was Feb. to the beginning of Mar.and don't know when next.
We had a couple of years that we were back and forth from Penasco,Hermosillo, CO.and Ca. for weeks at a time.(crazy!)
We have had a house in Las Conchas since the 70's and stay there.
Seen lots of changes!!

It's been rainy and cold here in So. CA. yesterday and this morning.
Is it rainy in Penasco?
I love it when it does, 'specially at the house. It pours off the upstairs patio and into the courtyard...sounds beautiful!!! And... along with the view, everything is breathtaking!