Weekend fishing

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
Got skunked plain and simple. Only fished from shore during high tide and got maybe 2 bites. Fished lures and bait and couldn't manage to bring in a single fish. Weather was awesome though would've liked to fish Monday afternoon but had to head out. Saw an inflatable out there with a motor on it and hoping he did a lot better in deeper water.

Will be back in June!!!!

azfish

Well Known Member
June should be in the high 70's to lower 80's. I should just put it out for the people that want to know.

Kenny

Well Known Member
June should be in the high 70's to lower 80's. I should just put it out for the people that want to know.
The second week of June has been a must for a shore fishing trip for me, and for years now; and though it's nice, it's not uncommen for it to get a little warmer than that.

Last edited:

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
Water is not all that cold now. Many were swiming this last weekend. It is about the same temp as California water gets in the Summer. Just be sure to pee before you go out as you may not be able to find it when you come in!:notworthy:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Water is not all that cold now. Many were swiming this last weekend. It is about the same temp as California water gets in the Summer. Just be sure to pee before you go out as you may not be able to find it when you come in!:notworthy:
:rofl: I've felt that way when I've gone jetskiing in a wetsuit in Dec/JAn in Penasco!!!

mondone

Whitecaps
PICT0275.jpgMy neighbor caught this 37lb white sea bass just off Encanto beach on Tuesday.Going to put some filets on the grill tonight!PICT0276.jpg

Kenny

Well Known Member
Ha, I'll bet he had a pretty good ride; and where there's one White following bait in close.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Looks like a Totuava!!!!! WHOOOOPSIE
..........................................look at the tail of that fish compared to a tortuava (below) Joe..Totoaba, Totoaba macdonaldi: The Totoaba has an overall dusky silver appearance, and is characterized by its elongated body, sharp snout with large oblique mouth, and a projecting lower jaw, and especially its slightly convex tail. The Totoaba's gill covers have smooth edges and it has no barbells on its chin. The fins are darker than the body, and its dorsal fin is deeply notched.

Last edited: