Weekend Weather

Esperanza

Well Known Member
Thinking to head down this weekend :razz: ! Weather.com showing 30% chance of rain on Saturday , BUT....... what do you think the chances REALLY are? Honestly, does it EVER rain there..LOL?

Regardless, a weekend in PP, even with rain, is better than being in PHX!:woo:

Esperanza

Well Known Member
Thanks Russ.....Chari/Lady Jeeper just told me about "Wunderground". No rain for Sat, 20% chance for Fri night! YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Chile today and hot tamale! The standard Mexican weather report.

MIS - I've been in RP during some rainstorms. A local was struck and killed by lightning during one of them a couple years back. Scary. Also, if it's a heavy rain, everything floods. They don't have the drainage built into the streets that we do here in the US. And then the sewage backs up and then... well, I won't go there.

A short shower at this time of the year can be refreshing, but the humidity will then smother you like plastic bag over your head. :puff:

mis2810

Well Known Member
Yikes. You're making me change my mind. I don't want anything bad to happen, I just thought it would be pretty to see some rain and have some thunder and lightening over the beach. A few years back I was down in San Carlos in August. We had a fantastic thunderstorm one night - it was incredible. But yeah, the humidity was suffocating.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
NEVER walk on the beach during a rain storm. People may remember the woman who worked at Mexican Tile Co who was electrocuted in Penasco while walking on the beach during a rainstorm about 10 years ago. Just enjoy it inside!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I was in PP during Hurricane Eduardo in 1976. Holy Cow! It rained so hard, everything was flooded and the electricity went out. We were at the Villa Granada dancing. The band kept playing without the electricity and we kept partying. Then, when it stopped raining, we went to see my boyfriend's mother and make sure she was ok. The streets were flooded and eerie. It was 1 in the morning by then. She was fine. I remember my boyfriend tried to make me go home that morning. He thought I was crazy for wanting to stay! You could see the hurricane coming across the sea of Cortez from San Felipe. I couldn't go home for 2 days after cause all the washes were running. It was soooooo cool!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
The good ole days! Partying at the Villa Granada........ Oh, the memories........I'll look for my pictures and post 'em up.