Whale in Playa Encanto

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ewwwwww! I wonder what happened to it. It's pretty beat up.

I was there in the late 80's one time (there were only 3 or 4 houses built at that time) nd watched one float up to the shore. It took several hours after we spotted it until we could tell what it was and several hours for it to beach after that.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Where is Playa Encanto?

You'd think after a few years of obsessing about Mexico, I would know more...

Terry C

Playa Encanto is about 8 miles East of RP on the Caborca Hw. Turn South and about 3 or so miles to the beach. We have over 300 home/lot ownerts our there.

Terry C

I guess it depends if you want beach front or 4th row. I am not sure the prices now after all has tanked in RP. Beach front 200's + if there is any, 4th row 35's maybe. Sand only of course. We are about 70% complete on getting electric in now. Started on it last August. Now everyone runs off sloar and back up generators.

La Cholla is better than that. It has power and claims water is not in the far distant future. Water is already to the West side of town.

Kenny

I love Cholla bay, it was 56 or 57 the first time I was there, but it's like apples and oranges. Encanto and La Jolla probably have the best pure beach of any developed spot in the area..hands down, not even close.

Terry, when I drove through over the 4th, maybe a 1/4 of the homes had notices on them, and had that "look" about them, if you know what I mean. I talked to a few people about it, and they had a idea about what it might be...What are they for?

This picture was taken right in front of a friends rental in Encanto. It would have been bigger, but I didn't have my fish scarin outfit on :D but if you put a imaginary belt on me, you can see it was a BIGFISH!:chef:

Kenny

Attachments

Last edited:
R

rpbum

I too saw the whale washed ashore. The night before we saw a large black thing floating with the tide and wondered what it was. Sure enough, the next morning we saw it washed up on the shore. Smelled pretty ripe too!

Terry C

Kenny, I assume with the times it is a property tax past due notice. Any beach front is most likely that and Federal Zone fees RP collects for having beach front property.

Kenny

Kenny, I assume with the times it is a property tax past due notice. Any beach front is most likely that and Federal Zone fees RP collects for having beach front property.
That was what my friends thought as well. That can't be good.

Last edited:

ernesto

That's the process for delivering the Federal Zone tax since there's no mail. I found mine taped to window on my house. A little alarming at first but nothing to worry about.