Whale Picture

Roberto

Well Known Member
Wow, what a lucky shot (or maybe a great professional one) . Wonder how long the lens was to get that close.
That one definately needs to be incorporated into the city marketing program and should appear evrywhere.

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
Isn't it too low of an angle to be from Capitan? If it's really from Penasco, I wish a landmark like Comp. Hill or the Sandy Beach resorts were in it.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Isn't it too low of an angle to be from Capitan? If it's really from Penasco, I wish a landmark like Comp. Hill or the Sandy Beach resorts were in it.
I the angle of view is rather flat, I agree, hence the question about the length of the lens.

Terry C

Well Known Member
It does like it was taken at water level, but I know the person that sent it to me and I assume it is a real pic.

Ed B

Small Potatoes
That picture was taken by a friend of mine off of a boat, not from the patio of el capitan. It is very real. There is a whole series of shots from that day. The person who is posting this on Facebook and other places is not giving credit where credit is due.

mis2810

Well Known Member
Good to know that it's real. Can you get some more from the series of shots that were taken and post them? Would love to see them.

Terry C

Well Known Member
Gillie wrote: "Just for the RECORD!! I took this photograph. I was on a boat a mile off the coast of Puerto Penasco. Not quite sure who "jane" is or how she shared it.. I do frequent la casa del capitan, infact went up there to show my friend Christina yesterday. Who is Playa Encanto?"

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
That picture was taken by a friend of mine off of a boat, not from the patio of el capitan. It is very real. There is a whole series of shots from that day. The person who is posting this on Facebook and other places is not giving credit where credit is due.
That explains the low angle. Awe-inspiring shots!

mis2810

Well Known Member
Okay, I'm confused. Is this for real, or not? I went to the Facebook page, what's the story with the whale crashing into the boat. That did NOT happen in RP.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Ok, now I am confused. Those are some great shots but, were ANY of the whale photos taken nearby Penasco?