What a blow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Kenny....Kenny...Kenny....you can't leave it alone.....I made my decision the following weekend.....

BTW.....I was talking about Chari's jeep, and not yours!

S

Submarine

Well this doesn't seem like a story that should be aired in public but I can verify a few facts:

RockyptJoe has been looking for another spot for over a year now, and he personally mentioned to me looking at San Rafael but that it was cost prohibitive. You might remember the circumstances that caused me to remove my trailer from Quality Star and apparently it became critically sour so I can see the need for urgency.

Ladyjeeper has been also looking for partners to move her trailer and has approached me and others. Last time I talked to her it was about Playa San Jorge but I wasn't interested because of the lack of power, water, and exposure. It's never easy to arrange a partnership in such situations. I'm too anal about my stuff so I've pretty much bagged the partnership idea for myself.

I've known RockyptJoe for many years now and would trust him with anything I own. He watched out for my trailer, had a key, and kept me updated on the goings-on at Quality Star. Good standup guy all around.

Out of the players, Ladyjeeper is the only one I haven't met but I have no reason to think she isn't of good character as the rest of you are that I have met

This seems to me to be a lack of communication and casualty of "Mexico time" syndrome. Sometimes that doesn't mesh well when you need something to happen quickly in Mexico and someone has to take the initiative. No one 'owns' anything until they put pesos down or "money talks and bullshit walks" as we said on the playground. Another way to put it is "business is business", and renting a permanent spot is a business deal.

It seems to me that since there are other spots, no one is really put out in a bad way. If for some reason this spot has a superior view or something, and I can't imagine that it does, perhaps a compromise can be reached that can make everyone friends again? These are trailers after all, and are on wheels! If two spots are paid for maybe the 'partnership' can have the good spot for the first 6 months of the year and RockyPtJoe can have it the second six months.

You guys are all good people and love the old, real Rocky Point so I'd hate to see this disagreement spoil friendship. So chalk it up to bad guacamole and have a frosty Corona/Sol/Tecate/DosXX etc to take the edge off.

Wait a minute, I'm the young whippersnapper in this group....why am I telling you guys this!!!

F

FIESTAFROG

Thanks for putting on the referee outfit! As they say in mexico "es como es" (sp) It is what it is. "lifes a beach, buy a helmet" when its all said and done, all you have is family and friends.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Well, rockyptjoe, you are contradicting yourself even in the same paragraph,( so there is no confussion here in forum and in PM's) and then you "drive part way down the drive way" why not all the way and found that we might have been there already and left? we waited in north forty for about 40 minutes for you then when we left for the reef we had a quick drive thru San Rafael where I saw your truck at your friends in the corner, however I did not know it was your truck until Sunday when you asked us to translate for you at the new store out of town, otherwise you bet I would have stopped and knock in her door asking for you and yes!! we basically agreed to the partnership at the Reef and planning on having trailer move the following weekend or next and as Kenny says in his post if you would have not hide and face us you would have had a choice and everybody would have been happy, but you had your "screw the rest" agenda, like you say You have been looking for month but as soon as you knew the spot we were going to get you jumped on it, instead of asking, sneaky, sneaky or snaky.
Sorry Sub, you wrote very nice things about this guy, you might have known him for a few years, me, I do not even have to watch my back anymore, he is a zero to the left!!!!! :fish: :fish: :fish:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
inkaraods.....since you want to keep this topic going (and which you had no business posting to begin with.....it's a subject that should have been left to PM or face to face discussions)...........let me spell out the timeline!

1. I got to the North 40 a few minutes after 10
2. Chari's vehicle AND yours were not there (you guys said that you were out to breakfast)
3. I drove about half way down the street to San Juan....did not see Chari's vehicle there either...(I stopped where I could see over the San Juan wall and into the park)
4. Drove out to the Reef
5. Drove around the storage yard, and didn't see Chari's vehicle
6. Drove back to San Rafael....arriving around 11 ( was miffed that you guys had stood me up!)
7 Was at San Rafael until about 1:30 (did some barbecuing at my friends place)
8. Met you at the supermarket around 2:00
9. You did the translating at my park about 2:15....
10. You walked around with me looking at the trailers that were for sale and left about 2:45 (I remember these times because I was supposed to meet someone in town at 3:00 and didn't quite make it)

I had mentioned it to eveyone at the Sat. evening get-together that my friend had a "permanent" at San Rafael...and where it was located. I also mentioned that I had driven her down to RP with her golf cart, so obviously, she didn't have her vehicle there. Chari also knew what vehicle I drive (I had told her the first time we met). Someone else asked me why I didn't get out of my my truck at the North 40 and look for the note you guys say you left me. Since you claim that you drove thru San Rafael before you went out to the Reef aboujt 11....and saw a vehicle there.....why didn't you stop and check?

I was not aware of any "timeline" for you guys taking that space, or any other space. If you recall, I left the get-together early on Sat. (had to go back and feed and walk my dog at the old park)

Trying to discuss the timeline of when I knew of the space is also ridiculous! I've been aware of the available spaces in San Rafael and Playa d'Oro for quite some time....even before Chari went down there to check that park out. I've been in both offices asking for the locations....these change every week as people move in. The first time she emailed me, I filled her in on the "permanents" at both Playa d'Oro and San Rafael....including what I knew at the time to be the prices at either park. It's always been a matter of economics for me.....the additional cost at the beach parks versus the convenience of being down at the beach and not driving back and forth several times each day. Finally, the "stuff" going on at my old park tilted the scales considerably in favor of moving.

I made my decision to move my trailer the next weekend when I went down with my daughter. There are other spaces at San Rafael....I discussed the other spaces with her, and we decided on which one we wanted. Yes, as far as I am concerned, the space I took is the best space for my situation (hey, I'm paying the $$$). I have "toys" that I bring down (jetskis) and I've been in that park enough times that I know I would have a harder time "parking" them in any of the other spaces when the park is full. Is it a better space in terms of view???....since they're not allowing decks to be built, that's a very subjective evaluation.

I checked with the owner to see if there was any deposit on the space, or any "hold" whatsoever....and she said no. If she had said anything else (like that someone had told her they were going to take the space in the next couple of weeks!)...I would not have taken the space.

So....get over it....I had a decision to make....I made it!!!! Stop blaming me for your procrastination and not being able to get your "stuff" together, and putting the money down to get the space. There was no conspiracy. It was a decision to take care of my family....which comes first! In the words of Submarine....."money talks and bullshit walks".... There are other spaces available in both parks.

All of you soap opera fans.....do you want to see more episodes.....how about it???? And what do we call this soap? "Days of our Rocky Point Lives"? How about "Sour Grapes"???? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

EDIT: You know inkaroads, I have a couple of questions for you.....
1. Do you have the $$ now to enter into the partnerships with Chari? You and your wife were insistent that you had to sell your boat before you could....I guess you made the sale that same weekend while you were down in RP????? If you haven't sold the boat yet, and don't have the $$$ without doing so either, how long is it going to take?
2. Why are you looking for your own trailer? Not planning to stay in the "partnership" with Chari very long????

Maybe you have legitimate and reasonable answers......????????????? Inquiring minds want to know! :twisted:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
tyler said:
Enough drama.... Let's play nice, kids.
I've been trying to do that Tyler....I've refrained from any name calling in my responses.....but I'm getting sick and tired of being called names and getting dragged thru the mud because some people have sour grapes! Inkaroads is the one who decided to "play" in the Forum!

The only person involved in this "partnership" that has played nice without any name calling, is the one who was trying to set it up....namely LadyJeeper! Kudos to her! I know how she feels about the situation, and although she has posted in this thread, she has left it to email to express her feelings.....where it belonged in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.