What a hastle today

Again we came back today and got the same hassle we got a couple of weeks ago. Pulled out of line to go to X-Ray machine, sent to stand in the shade while they inspected. Edna got a cell call and was talking when a lady came by and ask if she had been given permission to use the cell, she said no and was told ,quite impolitely to "hang up" so she did. No sign anywhere that says no cell use. After about 20 min I ask if I could start the truck so cat would be cool. Told emphatically no and to go get the cat. Then they sent us inside to wait while they finished the inspection. Not one to the people was courteous or informative. We had about 1 and 1/2 hour wait while they did there thing Finally said ok to go. I ask for the supervisor and explained to him the lack of courtesy with his people and he said he would handle it. When I got ready to go I checked the two front auto seats I had had upholstered and one of them had oil on it. Back to the office and the supervisor I went. He brought me a form and said to have them cleaned and his office would pay for it.

Since 911 use of cell phones while at the border has been prohibited A least they did not take them I can't remember the web site to go to that talks about cell phone use. They feel that you could be plotting a bombing or terrioist attack as the rationale

For crying out loud.........what the hell is going on? I don't know anything about how things technically work at the border, but I would assume they know how many times a person has crossed at that particular border (wouldn't they keep this info in their data bank?) Do they really think that Bill and his wife have recently decided to start a smuggling operation? And if cell phones are a no-no, then they should have a sign that says so. No problem. It's just really starting to chap my hide that you have to go through all the B.S. on both sides now.
Bill, what was the oil from?

dmcauley

If they asked me if I had permission I would have said yes and please treat me with due respect A--Hole. Certain inspectors are on a power trip and need to be put in their place. When asked yesterday at the second stop I told them I was coming from Mexico and when asked where I was headed I pointed at my mirror compass and told him north. I would like to know exactly why Bill was stopped twice. This is abuse. I have never had that type of search in over 25 years and I don't feel they should be targeting seniors.

jerry

Old Anglo couples are being stopped quite a bit near my ranch in South East Az. if they have older pickups or RV's They are the hotest mules on the market.

I did get one of the forms they have to fill out about this stuff. It says to send it to Michigan or some place like that. Does anyone know the AZ top guys name and where to reach him or her ? I would like to talk to that person.

Terry C

Press OfficeName :Brian Levin, OFO Office of Public Affairs LiaisonAddress :4740 N. Oracle Road
Room 310
Tucson, AZ 85705Phone520) 407-2319, (800) 973-2867Fax520) 407-2350
or

Customer Service CenterPhone Number 703) 526-4200, (877) CBP-5511
or
Location Address:Highway 85 & Border
Lukeville, AZ 85341Mailing Address:pO Box C
Lukeville, AZ 85341General Phone520) 387-5671General Fax520) 387-5309

What I want is the hauncho for all of the state of AZ or even better for this region.
I don't want to talk to some ninnie who is paid to smooth feathers of the upset.

Terry C

Well,,,,when you find them, tell them to update the wait page on the hour not every 3-6 hours
Almost 6:00 PM monday now
Site says
At 2pm MST
25 min delay
3 lane(s) open

I can't believe that no one knows who the boss is
Come on Bill....do a little research on the Customs and Border Patrol website.....is this guy high enough for you?:roll::evil:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/about/organization/assist_comm_off/field_operations.xml

Also, try this page...gives the Tucson Sector contact points for the Border Patrol:
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/border_security/border_patrol/border_patrol_sectors/tucson_sector_az/tucson_general.xml

And more...probably the best one....
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/cmcs/cmc_arizona.xml

Last edited:
A

AZ Miguel

Why bother, they're just doing their job. Get over it and move on to something productive.

ernesto

That's the problem. I spoke to a Port Supervisor once and he said there is little supervision on Sundays. I came back last Monday. Normally on a Sunday the wait from the Buen Viaje sign is an hour or so on a Sunday now, last Monday they were humpin'. Took only 15 minutes. I think some complaints about them NOT doing their jobs on Sundays might help.

AZ Miguel
If we all took that attitude our government wood simply run over us. Don't complaign or give a word of thanks and nothing gets done because nobody cares. I do care.

Thanks Wahoo. That is what I wanted
Bill, knowing how goverment offices operate, that info is just a bit high up in the food chain....

Try:
David Higgerson
520-407-2325

He's head of the Field Operations Office out of Tucson, responsible for the Points of entry including Lukeville....

Kenny

Bill, knowing how goverment offices operate, that info is just a bit high up in the food chain....

Try:
David Higgerson
520-407-2325

He's head of the Field Operations Office out of Tucson, responsible for the Points of entry including Lukeville....
OK, Joe, I've been teasing you for some time about the problems you have had at the border in the past, and this right here is a perfect opening for one, but I'm going to let it slide..If you give me a update on the vehicle you will be driving, so I can make sure I don't get behind you on the way out.;)

Last edited:
OK, Joe, I've been teasing you for some time about the problems you've had at the border in the past, and this right here is a perfect opening for one, but I'm going to let it slide..If you give me a update on the vehicle you will be driving, so I can make sure I don't get behind you on the way out.;)
Kenny....I haven't been having "problems" at the border, other than when I was transporting diesel when the prices were aproaching $5...and my problem was with ADOT!!! Everything else was minor issues....the long delays, or one or two "idiot" customs inspectors, who must have been twiddling their thumbs (or something else) in the booth, and not calling up the next vehicle for 10 minutes, the twenty questions, etc.

The "problems" I've been addressing here are Bill Hales, having to get x-rayed twice.....

But if you're concerned, I drive a blue Dodge diesel extended cab.....

Kenny

Kenny....I haven't been having "problems" at the border, other than when I was transporting diesel when the prices were aproaching $5...and my problem was with ADOT!!! Everything else was minor issues....the long delays, or one or two "idiot" customs inspectors, who must have been twiddling their thumbs (or something else) in the booth, and not calling up the next vehicle for 10 minutes, the twenty questions, etc.

The "problems" I've been addressing here are Bill Hales, having to get x-rayed twice.....

But if you're concerned, I drive a blue Dodge diesel extended cab.....
I know that, but I thought we've both had a little fun with it..There was a wink.:notworthy: