What a hastle today

Rockypointjoe
I ended with a fellow named Bill Johnson who is the program manager over all of the local ports of entry. He said he would get back with me in a couple of days after a full investigation. I questioned him that the border people say it is a spare fuel tank thing and I stated that if the bad guys know they check these tanks wouldn't they put drugs in a gas tank on any vehicle and not these. No comment ! Seemed sincere but don't all public relations people? I will continue to report

Well we came back across today with no hassle. Total time may be 6 Min.
Mr. Bill Johnston never did get back with me as he said he would. Oh well----
The guy on the gate told me there was no special information on my file as the Rep. a couple of weeks back told me there would be. Small man on the gate could not smile if he was told to. I am beginning to they teach "RUDE" in their training program.

C

cactusamigo

While traveling south to Penasco, I pulled over in the shade of UETA to call my wife before crossing the border. While talking on my cel phone, a husky, BCP agent yelled at me from over the fence: "Turn off your cel phone, you are in an inspection zone!".

My Reply: "Excuse me, I'm on private property". The parking lot is private property belonging to Gringo Pass. U.S. Government agents have no authority to control cel phone use on private property.

Her Reply: "I can hear you talking".

My Reply: "Then don't listen, and mind your own business. I assure you that my cel phone will be off when I enter your inspection zone".

When I entered the "inspection zone", she stayed far from my car.

Cel phones are not permitted to be used in the border inspection zones, mainly to not divert attention from, and interfere with the screening process, which is understandable.

jerry

Cactus, women hate to be called "husky" .I think your anger with the American police state is misdirected.If the Chamber of Commerce,the NRA and the ACLU all would have gone along with a national identity card that would be required for any interaction with government or business there would be no illegal aliens taking a crap in my barn.
You also must admit that marrying a person of another race or nationality creates complications.You figure these in when you make your choice but it was your choice and you just have to fight the power more than most of us do and quit blaming the problem on Obama.

Cel phones are not permitted to be used in the border inspection zones, mainly to not divert attention from, and interfere with the screening process, which is understandable.
Actually, the ban on cell phones near border inspection zones is to keep smugglers/potential terrorists from alerting their cohorts to the current situations at the borders so they'll know when it might be safe to try to cross, etc. At least, that's what a BCP agent told me.

Actually, the ban on cell phones near border inspection zones is to keep smugglers/potential terrorists from alerting their cohorts to the current situations at the borders so they'll know when it might be safe to try to cross, etc. At least, that's what a BCP agent told me.
That's a real bogus argument....you can just walk over to the the duty free or the gas station and make a call there!! If they're so concerned about it, they should use a cell phone jammer around the customs station

That's a real bogus argument....you can just walk over to the the duty free or the gas station and make a call there!! If they're so concerned about it, they should use a cell phone jammer around the customs station
I never said I thought it was a good argument. In fact the whole new protocol thing at the border (which started under Bush, btw), including the rfd chip in the passport, ticks me off. If you never had any issues pre-Obama you were luckier than me and Mr. Huerita.

Ah, for the good old days...

garyd

Last night at 6:30 ish two guys walked up to cross the border as we waited for our guys to ask us if we had guns. Well I do not know why but these two guys got questioned by our guys onthe US side and they took off running towards the border wit US and Mexican agents chasing them. Anybody there at that time?

Well I guess he was correct. The fellow, Bill Johnson, from the Tucson office made me very aware that he was not a PR person but a Program Manager for this sector or something. He promised that he would get back with me by E-Mail in a few days. Well, SEVERAL weeks have gon by and NOTHING. For sure not a PR person and not good at keeping his word either.
Our tax dollars resting.

Well I guess he was correct. The fellow, Bill Johnson, from the Tucson office made me very aware that he was not a PR person but a Program Manager for this sector or something. He promised that he would get back with me by E-Mail in a few days. Well, SEVERAL weeks have gon by and NOTHING. For sure not a PR person and not good at keeping his word either.
Our tax dollars resting.

Bill..Bill...Bill....now aren't we exagerrating a bit???? The following was posted by you on 10-29-09:

Rockypointjoe
I ended with a fellow named Bill Johnson who is the program manager over all of the local ports of entry. He said he would get back with me in a couple of days after a full investigation. I questioned him that the border people say it is a spare fuel tank thing and I stated that if the bad guys know they check these tanks wouldn't they put drugs in a gas tank on any vehicle and not these. No comment ! Seemed sincere but don't all public relations people? I will continue to report
Not being apologetic for Johnson, but you're dealing with the GOVERNMENT!!!!;-);-);-)

One second can seem like several weeks to your average law abiding, tax paying citizen who wants nothing more than to spend a relaxing time in RP without being hasseled at the border either way.

One second can seem like several weeks to your average law abiding, tax paying citizen who wants nothing more than to spend a relaxing time in RP without being hasseled at the border either way.
Naw.....I think it's a matter of loosing sense of time as you get older...and increased impatience!! :lol::evil::stir: I've noticed that in myself too....

M

mexmac

Isn't it wonderful to be a citizen of the country with the most freedoms in the world only be treated like a common criminal. I have to believe that the agents along the border are instructed to be the way they are.

Kenny

Today I learned that the boys still have the balls to take on washed up man - rhymes with bunts.I also learned that I CANT WAIT TO BE A STEP-FATHER
Some of your post's are sure hard to decifer, do you speak Welsh?

Kenny

Kenny

They do now.

No, he speaks "deleted."
They do now :lol:... I remembered his earlier post, and a term and phrase they used was Welsh. I thought they might have originally been from whales, or England, or their family had.
Kenny