What a weekend!

A

azbeachboy

On Friday night we had a great lightning show. It started to the S/E around 6:00 but moved in to R.P. around 10:00. We had lighting,thunder,dust and rain. The lightning lasted about six hours. What a beautiful night.

On Saturday morning I walked down to the beach and it was smooth as glass, again. Around 11:00 I set up my beach umbrella. Even in the shade with a breeze it was really hot. I spent most of the day in the ocean. I didn't see one Man of War all day.

Sunday was a little cooler and we had a better breeze. The ocean started out rough but by 3:00 pm the tide was going out and the ocean calmed down. I went for one last swim and when I coming out I saw little blue bubbles all over the beach. I only saw one person get stung all weekend. My dog did step on one but I sprayed Windex on her paw and she got over it.

It was so hot :sunny:I ran both A/C and fans all weekend. Because of the heat and humity we didn't go any further than the beach. The beach vendors very few and far between. The Mirador beach was almost empty of people. PDO looked like a ghost town. If you don't like people and crowds now is the time to go.

P

Penasco Pirate

We had a ball! got some good leads on some more work, too! If this keeps up, I might be Mexican before too long!;)

A

azbeachboy

No, because in two days on the beach I only say one person get stung. It was hard to avoid the heat though...

It was hard to avoid the heat though...
you got that right... just got off the boat, I was sweating the entire day, and began to feel dehydrated... it sucks the life right out of you...

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
As much as I want to come down Aug.1, I don't know. Last trip was so hot.

I need a bigger boat. With air conditioning!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Hey whats this I hear about it being HOT? If you have to be hot you should at least be as close to the ocean as possible. I love it here. Come on down. We went for our beach walk at 6:30 am on Sandy Beach and it was unreal how many people were out there swimming and picking up shells its great!