What can I expect to catch in December

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
mexico joe , notice no caps,<br><br>I sure don't know about your attitude. &nbsp;May be you got rebuffed last night.<br><br>I may not have given a proper answer of a couple of names of fish only but I did give a welcome answer to a new person and an invitation to join other members and stop by and see us when we are there. &nbsp;You can put your inflammatory&nbsp;answer any where you want but I would guess you know where I think it should go. &nbsp;We are a fine group of people and we do not need your negative &nbsp;type of response. &nbsp;If you did not like our answers you should give your input to his question in any form you desire. &nbsp;Please be more of a group member.

:eek::fail:

Guy sez, "where can I get some shrimp in the malecon?" WS sez, "Super Ley has an excellent variety of toothpaste, stop on by PDO afterwords spot #63."

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
And Mexico Joe needed to tell the world he voted for the loser before he answered.

Fishing is great in the winter offshore and surffishing, Thats the best answer I've got.
Ironic coming from the guy that voted for the guy that actually lost.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Fishing forum....

FISHING.

F-I-S-H-I-N-G.

F........I......S......H......I.....N.....G

[h=3]fish·ing/ˈfiSHiNG/[/h]
Noun:
1) The activity of catching fish, either for food or as a sport.
2) A strategy used by guys for picking up chicks on the beach using a football. The method is to send the best looking male out for a "long bomb" pass, and then deliberately throw the football into the intended group of targeted babes, and to use the incident to kick off conversation and social interaction between the 2 groups.

angler

OK. Now I have to make another comment. It seems the proliferation of off-topic posts is now being driven by those complaining about how off-topic this thread has become. Sorta hypocritical, but I digress.

Back on topic: Somebody edit my map for goodness sake!

I'm going to go mix a cocktail (it's 5pm on the east coast) and tie some flies. Some high tie sardines, some shrimp and some crabs.

Roberto

What someone marked as Estero La Pinta parking and fishing on the map is inaccurate. The site marked is San Jorge. Follow the beach up into the estuary you will see one structure where a road ends. That is Gillespie's old abandoned hacienda and the road in from the highway. Notice how there is a narrow channel along the beach on the map. There is a real good flow there as the tide changes. That's where you will come in to using the earlier directions of the abandoned house and the place to fish from, not San Jorge. There is or was a gate at the entrance to San Jorge and people living in a house at the entrance. There are a lot more houses there and that big old complex that they used to run the boat tours out of. The belly dancers ! Couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
I would not fish by the place that says where Kenny's fish scaring outfit pic was taken, plenty more fish out in the santa clara area than Penasco, The Pic where the fish scarin took place Santo Tomas is fried.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I would not fish by the place that says where Kenny's fish scaring outfit pic was taken, plenty more fish out in the santa clara area than Penasco, The Pic where the fish scarin took place Santo Tomas is fried.
They get some good size flounder and big curvina, and certain times of the year big grouper, not too far out in front of Los Paradones. In the area you're talking about. There is a camp just north of Los Paradones, the panga fisherman use to load they're catch on trucks headed north. There are also big boats that fish the area and unload they're catch on pangas, that take the catch to the fish camp. Another good spot for me at times, coming from the baja side were the deep holes around the Roca Konsag, a small island between Penasco and San Felipe......44 miles from Penasco,22 from San Felipe The bigger Sierra are there in August, we used to catch them by the boat load. Trolling, with my brother in laws homemade from old car antenna lures. he was born in San Felipe and a fisherman on the Sea of Cortez his whole life.

Last edited:

Kenny

OK. Now I have to make another comment. It seems the proliferation of off-topic posts is now being driven by those complaining about how off-topic this thread has become. Sorta hypocritical, but I digress.

Back on topic: Somebody edit my map for goodness sake!

I'm going to go mix a cocktail (it's 5pm on the east coast) and tie some flies. Some high tie sardines, some shrimp and some crabs.
I couldn't figure out (I hate to admit this) how to edit the map. You have the spit close but no Banana. It's on the south side of the long peninsula at the armpit if you will, right where it ends when looking from height. If you goggle down you can see where it go's in, and turns. It looks like a dark shadow where it turns behind the dunes. When your looking at the pictures below, the sand hill on the other side of the water is actually the end and the backside of the long peninsula. The picture with the wet sand that comes to a point, is the entrance to the little estuary, the spit. The other is my Jeep and Jerry's Quad sitting at the entrance.SantoTomas-207.jpg

Attachments

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I couldn't figure out (I hate to admit this) how to edit the map. You have the spit close but no Banana. It's on the south side of the long peninsula at the armpit if you will, right where it ends when looking from height. If you goggle down you can see where it go's in, and turns. It looks like a dark shadow where it turns behind the dunes. When your looking at the pictures below, the sand hill on the other side of the water is actually the end and the backside of the long peninsula. The picture with the wet sand that comes to a point, is the entrance to the little estuary, the spit. The other is my Jeep and Jerry's Quad sitting at the entrance.View attachment 5332

Kenny, that exactly where I put the damn dot!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

Where are good spots to launch a kayak in the Santa Clara/El Golfo area?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I hadn't looked at it since you edited the damn thing Joe! It had been marked out on the end of the peninsula. Hey, did you get my email the other day, or no?

Haven't checked, let me see. I just re-edited it and lined the Spit in blue.