What do you do for a living?

I am a several time retired special education teacher and now involved in the promotion of border womens' cooperatives for improving their ability to earn a living. My husband is retired also, formerly Alaskan fisherman, transportation of fish, seafood plant, horse ranch, carpentry and really jack of all trades.

Last edited:

Bob Oso

I am the current owner of a third generation family business, Est.1960. I distribute, convert and fabricate foam, plastic and rubber products. I also created a line of proprietary products that cater to food and hospitality industires. My products as well as the components I make for my customers products are sold world wide. One example of my business is I make all the dounut cases, coffee cup/lid and condiment dispencers for Circle K throught out the nation. The diversity of my company's capibilities is what keeps me in business, even in this down economy.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Until 2002 I owned a company that made pressure treated lumber. We made treated sill plate for homes, telephone poles, and most of the guardrail posts you see on the hiways of Arizona today. I sold the business in 2002 and started building houses in maricopa and Rocky point and some small commercial buildings in Casa Grande. Presently I started work on a small hotel in Rocky Point and stopped due to a lawsuit.(I should be back at work on it this month)

Estero

We provide internet payment processing and high risk merchant processing globally as well as hosting. We also have a document imaging business that scans legal and medical records from across the country. We currently are looking to start a papercrete biz in Penasco to provide low cost building blocks for housing.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
We provide internet payment processing and high risk merchant processing globally as well as hosting. We also have a document imaging business that scans legal and medical records from across the country. We currently are looking to start a papercrete biz in Penasco to provide low cost building blocks for housing.
There is a person making bricks out of magazines and newspapers in Maricopa now. But his timing is a little off.

jerry

I play around with papercrete (I think paper/adobes is a better block) lagrimas let's here more about your hotel.
There is a person making bricks out of magazines and newspapers in Maricopa now. But his timing is a little off.

jerry

Jamie whick tankless propane heater is the best..is there a solar heater worth a crap yet
Kind of a late entry here, but hey, I am at work and bored!

I am manufactures representative for the plumbing industry. I do outsides sales and call on showroom and wholesale plumbing companies. Been in the industry since 1994. I know a whole lot about toilets and water heaters!! :lol:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I play around with papercrete (I think paper/adobes is a better block) lagrimas let's here more about your hotel.
Jerry, I had a part in a block plant in San Luis, Sonora in the early 90's and screwing around one day we mixed paper, clay and a small amount of cement and straw and made some really nice 6x8x16 block (hollow). They had the look of adobe and were strong. The hotel was planned for 46 rooms the pool is in and I have 11 rooms about ready. I am going to finish what is started when the litigation I am in is finished and get rid of it.

Estero

Jerry, since we have so much paper leftover from the imaging biz papercrete seems to make sense. We were thinking the paper/cement/sand mixture but have yet to decide. It was an idea a friend had after seeing the houses on the road next to the train tracks on the road to Encanto. 3rd post here scratching my way to 5.

Criminal defense attorney with office in central Phoenix. Also licensed in Nevada. Handle everything from traffic tickets to first degree murder. Did criminal defense in Las Vegas for about 3 years, moved back to Phoenix and was a deputy county attorney in Maricopa County for 2 years prosecuting misdemeanors and felonies and then went back into private criminal defense work for the past 9 years.

jerry

We build Entry doors,panic rooms,media cabinets (cut our own veneers),BuddyRhodes Concrete Artisans http://www.buddyrhodes.com/a_corvidsupply.html all slowwwwwww
but my all around real estate owning/no cash dumbass skills are not to be topped.................I've been watching the movie Heat a lot...maybe I'll get terry to weld a big assed V on the front of my truck and make a bank withdrawl

Oh as a side job (along with another forum member)I'm now sort of a part time butler.......help!!!!!!!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
We build Entry doors,panic rooms,media cabinets (cut our own veneers),BuddyRhodes Concrete Artisans http://www.buddyrhodes.com/a_corvidsupply.html all slowwwwwww
but my all around real estate owning/no cash dumbass skills are not to be topped.................I've been watching the movie Heat a lot...maybe I'll get terry to weld a big assed V on the front of my truck and make a bank withdrawl

Oh as a side job (along with another forum member)I'm now sort of a part time butler.......help!!!!!!!
When I had the treating plant we used to separate out the timbers for guardrail that had begun to turn blue from a fungus in the wood and since we also had sawmill equipment we would slice the blue pine into door veneers. We sold alot of that stock into Tucson for rustic entry and interior doors. I dont know if you have ever seen blue pine but it is absoulutley beautiful. P.S. I also almost bought a place in Santo Tomas maybe 3years ago. I think the person I talked to was Tom Cruz.

Last edited:

jerry

Estero if you make a towable mixer and find some good clay you can make a block that is better than adobe and can meet code in Cochise County...I'll get you the recipe if you want.

T

Tomcat

New people oh yeah that's me LOL,
Well I never grew up either so I play for a living. I have 22 years in so far as a OHV manager U. S. Forest Service Ranger. OHV means Off Road Vehicles. Mostly I worked in Washington State till funding dried up. Then in Northern California till funding dried up. Now I am just hanging out between jobs on the RIM in Northern AZ. helping some good friends build there dream house from scratch. First trip to rocky beach will be first week of October.

loco

Been in the Radio Buisness for over 25 years, Dont make a lot of money but it beeeeets the hell out of having to work for a living. Its nice doing something you enjoy!!