What do you do for a living?

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
I always find it interesting to see what people do for a living.

I live in AZ, and I'm a computer nerd. I manage an IT dept.

What do you do? Please be vague, this is the Internet, after all.

I sell parking lots. If you have asphalt, get in touch with me. I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

p.s. And No, I don't fix hemorrhoids.

cholla

I have a small concrete business, floors, patios, sidewalks, you know, concrete.

John :usa: :mexico:

I am a pediatric therapist workng with special needs children in particular autism, downs syndrome, and develomental delay

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I buy aluminum cans full, preferably Tecate, then a throw them out the window as I drive Jerry's front door for his recycling enterprise, at the same time I am looking for broken tiles and rusted steel to do my own gig www.cameodesignsonline.com

Scott

Hey Tyler --

Fellow computer geek here. I manage the IT operations for several John Deere Dealerships in the US and Canada.

don

Uhhhh, I create computer viruses :shock: to keep the nerds busy... :lol:

Actually I'm a program coordinator for the NAU Transportation Dept., and private contractor repairing ATMs' and conventional banking units.

E

El Feo

Living? Who is making a living?

I sit by the sunrise
Wait for the moonset
Blue breeze on my face
And blink.

G

gunner

I use to build homes and make a few buck's, now I warranty the homes I built and spend a few buck's !!
It all good :)

I'm Batman... Quick... to the Bat Boat Robin...
JUST ADD SALTWATER :boat:

I never could decide what to be when I grew up... so I decided not to grow up... after splashing around in the sea for the past 13 years, I finally realized what it was that I wanted to do for a living... and that is to BE A KID AGAIN!

C

calico56

Hi,
Dont talk to much here but love to read all the great stuff, anyways i work for Truly Nolen pest control here in Tucson.
Bob

Kenny

I also spent some years, a little over 5 altogether, working with people with a variety of disabilities including developmental. Some were stroke victims, others were Vietnam vets with traumatic head injuries. Some had dementia and Alzheimer's, others were manic depressive, schizophrenic and all types of psychosis that were for all practical purpose unknown.. Some of the guys I worked with had spent most of their adult life's in Arizona state hospital and had behaviors that made it impossible for them to live in group homes. They were put into intermediate care facilities ran by AZ State.. I got to take them out into the general population in a one-on-one situation. Many people thought they should still be hidden away, but I know much sicker and dangerous people in public office. :D I then worked for the Brothers of the Good Sheppard in N. M. , a very unique intermediate care facility with residents of all ages. A motley crew with a big variety of problems . No, I'm not Catholic. I've spent most of my years in the trades, setting up machines, fixing machines, and building this and that. I trained dogs and had the (Sensuous Cow Leather Goods Co) in the 70's. When I turned 50 I decided to do something that made a difference, so I took my tool belt off and went to work helping people instead of corporations. I did it because I could...
I now work in Facilities at Yavapai Community College here in Prescott. I spend about half my day working in the dorms and those kids remind me of some of my clients from the past, their crazy. :lol:
Kenny

joester

2 salty dawgs
registered land surveyor and partner in a civil engineering/land surveying firm here in Phx -
Ritoch-Powell & Associates. Hoping the stimulus money finds it's way to more highway projects for us to design.

Retired
I have had a history of business management from a milk processing creamery, Sears retail and to my own business in landscape contracting, for the last 25 years, until retirement. From famine to feast and back again. All was well with the business until I had brain tumor and ended up with an inability to tolerate the stupid attitude many people have. I got to a point that I was saying what most people would like to say but know better. My Son took over the business and has run it to the edge of total failure. That is why I love the song "Don'T Worry, Be Happy "
May each of your attitudes hold up, and be happy, to just be surviving in these tough times.

J

Jamie75

Kind of a late entry here, but hey, I am at work and bored!

I am manufactures representative for the plumbing industry. I do outsides sales and call on showroom and wholesale plumbing companies. Been in the industry since 1994. I know a whole lot about toilets and water heaters!! :lol: