What Is Wrong With These People ?

In the last week some low life thieves stole dozens of water faucets from homes all along tbe beach in Mirador. Many of the homes had the water system turned on as the owners were gone for just a few days. The result was thousands of gallons of potable water were lost. Pumps ran continuously and were burned out. Fixtures suffered water damage/ruin.

Of course, no Mexican saw anything.

This is just one story in a long list of theft stories from Penasco.

Is there any limit how low these cretins will go?

If there was no beach in Penasco there would be absolutely no reason to ever visit such a hell hole fourth-world town. The animals are running the zoo.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
While I agree that totally sucks; how is it any different from the crackheads here in the US that steal copper wire and pipes out of houses, or recently, posed as Mesa water department employees and stole two huge backflow preventers from a school and a business?

Root cause in 99.9% of these thefts? Meth. Doesn't matter that it's Penasco or the US.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Achi, Achi, Achi, ~ ~ ~

In the last week some low life thieves stole dozens of water faucets from homes all along tbe beach in Mirador. Many of the homes had the water system turned on as the owners were gone for just a few days. The result was thousands of gallons of potable water were lost. Pumps ran continuously and were burned out. Fixtures suffered water damage/ruin.

If there was no beach in Penasco there would be absolutely no reason to ever visit such a hell hole fourth-world town. The animals are running the zoo.
~ ~ ~ SHE BANGS,``` SHE BANGS,``` SHE BANGS, ~ ~ ~ :lol: :lol: :lol: ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ Wienerschnitzel Angus Chile Cheese Dogs ~ ~ ~ 4/th ave/ Tucson, ~ ~ ~ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!

Chicago

Washington

Sacramento

San Fran

4th world huh? Care to do a cost analysis/comparo on the damage done?

"Whats wrong with these people?" its the same everywhere is the answer. People are desperate, some more than others. Its a sick old world but it always hurts more when it happens to you. The sad fact is though it happens in 1st world too! "La la la la, not in my world"

ernesto

That sucks but I still don't understand why anyone would leave the water pump on when they aren't there. Had to call my next door neighbor one time when water was running out from under his exterior doors. Broke a toilet supply line. Cured him of that.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
That sucks but I still don't understand why anyone would leave the water pump on when they aren't there. Had to call my next door neighbor one time when water was running out from under his exterior doors. Broke a toilet supply line. Cured him of that.
If we leave even for a couple of days all systems are shut down except basic lights and security. I used to do water damage repairs and leaking water always does tons of damage. It never fails if you leave you will have a pipe break or worse. Turn the pumps off people if you are going away for a while it is super easy to do.

T

Tomcat

There right so sorry to say ! Meth heads are everywhere on the planet now. I was in Las Vegas a while back and saw on the news some meth heads stripped a under construction apartment complex of all the copper pipes just installed a few days earlier. Parts and labor $22,000... I wonder if I can hook my fence charger up to my copper water faucets ? That should give them a buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :woo:

dmcauley

The copper theft is everywhere. Maybe they are stealing your copper as I write. I have been a plumber for over 49 years and have never seen copper thefts so rampant. The price of copper and brass is so high right now that there is no deterring the criminal element. The beach is certainly great but if you hate Penasco and its people so much, maybe that you are the f...... cretin.

Kenny

It may be worse now Dan, but it's been a problem for a long long time. I started a company and trained dogs up in the Portland/Vancouver area in 75 called Canine Security, and I had "drop dogs" (along with man/dog teams for other work) who job was to guard copper, fixtures, etc on Job sites because the theft was rampant. They would consolidate their stuff in one area, and I would drop a dog off at the end of the day in that area and pick him up in the morning. I posted WARNING sign's, and I also had to notify the police and fire dept that I had a working dog on site. When you read a sign in red letters on white that said, WARNING in bold letters, and underneath it said GUARD DOG ON DUTY, and the under that IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL, with a number under that, he would think, I MIGHT BE THAT EMERGENCY! I dropped dogs on some of the biggest projects at that time in the Portland area, and never had a theft. I also had man/dog teams on projects like "The ports of call" restaurants and shop's while they were under construction as well, without any losses. I also sold dogs who went up to Alaska to work the pipeline.. So what happened to Canine Security?... Insurance!

Last edited:
Should be aware about leaving pumps off for too long. We turned of our water pump once for 6-7 months...when we returned the pump has seized. The plumber said the pump needs to cycle every once in a while for the motor to keep from seizing. Lucky we now have enough realible pressure that we never replaced the broken water pump.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac

The beach in Mirador, is probably 99% owned by gringos,so why do you say no mexican saw anything? If its a gringo neighborhood wouldn't make sense to say no gringo saw anything? I understand there is beach access, but there are many full time gringos in the area. Just go buy a fricken $6.00 faucet and quit crying, with 9000 people in Penasco living below the extreme poverty level your lucky thats all they took. Apart from the poverty level there are another 10000 people living without electricity now because they cant afford it. So enjoy your beach house with the missing water faucet.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
I guess he blew a seal. probably take that statement back. The neighbors should get together and put out a reward!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I guess he blew a seal. probably take that statement back. The neighbors should get together and put out a reward!
Its all Americans in Mirador on the beach, so I dont understand the statement. I also know the poverty isn't his problem, but thats the reason the faucets got ripped off.