what kind of pargo is this ?

H

hammer scuba

i have yet to identify this pargo. it weighed 25 pounds and put up a great fight. it looked just like the photo when it was alive except the gold and red was very bright. any body know ?? let's go fishing !!!01pargosnapper.jpg

H

hammer scuba

thanks everybody . this fish did not have any bars at all. my mex buddies called it a pargo culon.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Rick, culon is big ass in spanish, so you have 2 (votes Loco & mx buddies) saying its a big ass fish and 2 saying its a cubera. Who do you think is right?

H

hammer scuba

you guys are easy . thanks . here is a pic of the trip i did . the dad in the photo caught the pargo at the end of our day. since he financed the trip i was happy to get him on a fish. these fish came from the deep wall between the 15 and 16 mile 210 reefs. always a good spot to try ! the pintas and the pargo all hit skipjack fillets. let's go fishing !!img0283.jpg

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
It doesn't have to have the bars.... just like not all Rose Snappers have the black spot on their side.

I agree with Reelhard- That fish is most certainly Hoplopagrus guentheri- aka Green Bar Snapper, aka Barred Pargo.

Here is a picture of another one without the bars:

bdpargsnow078b.jpg

And another:

17lb_barred_pargo.jpg

And one out of San Felipe:

SanFelipe017.jpg

And a link to yet another:

http://lapazfishreport.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/bruce-pargo-tags.jpg

I found 15 or 20 more pics of Barred Pargo without Bars, but I think I've made my point.... :)

H

hammer scuba

thanks again . i am going for the barred pargo idea . maybe they loose their bars when they get over 20 pounds . thanks for the photos. let's go fishing !!IMG_4803.jpg