What was in the Sea Today ?

Kenny

You might be right, that's why we will be banned if we show your nude pics on the beach.:eek:
Not nude, I had my waist tackle box on and say, do you still have them on your ceiling so you can look at them right before you go bedy bye?

jerry

Well not to hijack the thread! Very low tide this AM, the outer reefs were exposed. The little sand floaties were still prevelant but not as many. They are of different levels of density as some created shadows on the sea floor as the tide came in, others did not create shadows. The shodows showed the flow of the incoming tide through the stones.

Surprised someone has not offered some more information about this phenomenon. What creates the conditions whereby the particles, which are heavier than water, gather together and float? Hard to imagine they are formed on the sea floor and rise up to the surface, but ?? Most likely they go out from the beach on the outgoing tide when there is no surf to break them up. Not much interest I guess. Next I'll post about the activities of the eagles.
https://books.google.com/books?id=_hTYaxUiRVcC&pg=RA1-PA665&lpg=RA1-PA665&dq=floating+sand+in+tide&source=bl&ots=XaDRuoHrM3&sig=dgVFSzNcQNR9veCH993ypIwTXBE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=egzUVPXjKZfMoASph4LIDA&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=floating sand in tide&f=false

Estero

Defrente had posted this on Feb. 3. Crappy translation.

VEDA IMPLEMENTING HEALTH TO RETAILERS OF BIVALVE BY RED TIDE IN PEÑASCO
The injunction is for customer oysters, clams, geoduck, mussels, whelks, scallops, callus margarita, kickstand, paw mule, lichidas, and other bivalve mollusk not expend

By: Ivan Bravo
PTO. PEÑASCO, SON.

In the presence of harmful algal bloom presented in San Felipe, Baja California, the health authority of that State has implemented health ban harvesting, marketing and consumption of bivalve molluscs, Health Regulation Unit is informed retailers of bivalve molluscs in this Puerto.
By a memorandum was extended not selling bivalve molluscs, traders said, which is alerted to the presence of paralytic toxin caused by the dinoflagellate Gymnodinium catenatum and stay at his current toxigenita since January 13.
"It should refer to the 27 January of this year we are notified of the presence of the toxin in geoduck from San Jorge Bay so this Health Authority, provides temporary precautionary ban until samples show that bivalve molluscs monitoring results in the areas, the toxin in question is within the permissible limits considered in NOM 242 SSA1 2009, "reads the memo.
Given the above precaution, do not sell customer oysters, clams, geoduck, mussels, whelks, scallops, callus margarita, kickstand, paw mule, lichidas, and other bivalve mollusk, "is important you mention that if found the toxin is not destroyed by heat, lemon or vinegar, which runs the same risk of poisoning if you eat raw or cooked, or if only you take the broth, "he explains.
Since last January 3 Department of Biological Oceanography Center for Scientific Research and Higher Education of Ensenada (CICESE) reported on a red tide that extends over more than 80 kilometers on the north coast of the Sea of Cortez, which caused the deaths of hundreds of marine mammals.
This event has no antecedent scientific, healthcare and fisheries in the last 20 years in Baja California, so the phenomenon has attracted the attention of the international scientific community by mass poisoning that causes paralytic marine species and their impact on the ecosystem navy.

Roberto

Hey hey hey NON PPRES Miss Jeraldine !! Good stuff. That's what I see, no doubt about it. Good complete discussion. Thanks.

Roberto

Hey hey hey Estero (another pesky non PPRES), good find, very interesting. Jungle Jim seems to be absent wonder if he ate too many red tide infested molluscs.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: