What's with the southbound interrogation?

Estella

Mexico is doing very bad job promoting tourism into Sonora. I feel like they are trying to sabotage everything positive for Mexico. I bet the secretary of tourism in Sonora does not even know how tourism works.

Dawg

Left RP Last Friday, October 9, crossing border about 1pm. The southbound line was almost back to the 1-mile mark. Appeared very few were getting green light. Young women with Aduana shirts were busy checking every car going through. I hope this is temporary.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Left RP Last Friday, October 9, crossing border about 1pm. The southbound line was almost back to the 1-mile mark. Appeared very few were getting green light. Young women with Aduana shirts were busy checking every car going through. I hope this is temporary.
I was doing the same that day around 11:00 AM. Backed up about a mile out, even then. After about 20 minutes of almost no movement, the line began moving a little faster. It was as if they were checking every vehicle for awhile, and then -- as if to ease up the line a bit -- changed (by the time we got up there) to about every few vehicles for awhile. A week or so earlier, when we crossed, and when there was very light traffic, there was no line -- but they were stopping every vehicle. This may be a "fall break" thing, but because the new pattern started prior to then, I'm guessing it might be more permanent than that.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
We crossed about 2 P.M. on Sunday, the 11th. Took us 1 and a half hours. They were checking every car but when we got about 4 cars from the border, they let a lot of us through.......?????????

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
We crossed about 2 P.M. on Sunday, the 11th. Took us 1 and a half hours. They were checking every car but when we got about 4 cars from the border, they let a lot of us through.......?????????
As I mentioned earlier, same happened to us last week -- Long wait . . . almost no progress as each car was being checked . . . and then -- after about 20 minutes and a mile backup behind us -- they waived a bunch of cars through. . . .apparently to lessen the backup. So the new pattern seems to be that every car is being checked except when every so often, they decide to move things along.

HILL BOY

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if their is a line going south today (Roger Kline weekend)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ron

Well Known Member
Crossed going south a week ago Sunday about 7:00 am and the only thing they checked was the size of the engine in my sandrail :) All were very friendly. Crossed again at 6:30 last Friday morning and Aduana ladies were searching for what items were being brought into Mexico. Like someone said above, looking for fees.......

wihint

Just an FYI about south bound inspections. I was in Los Algodones at the Andrade Checkpoint picking up my stomach medicine and watched 13 out of 15 cars get the bell for closer inspection. Seems like they were looking for something in particular. They had a huge military presence there. This was a little after noon on Friday 10/16.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
you got it wihint, ATF is sending another load of guns and the MX gov does not want the USA gov dealings with the cartels anymore!!!!
Has nothing to do with tourism coming or going!!!!

wildtoucan

Well Known Member
Yesterday 5pm everyone getting red light and being asked to show car registration papers. CBP first was asking and checking for weapons. Could see how on abusy day that would slow things down, especially with only one lane open!