where are the fishermen

Its amazing nobody has posted any new fishing adventures, I know the weather has been a big issue for the past 30 days, hopefully someone will get a break to do some fishing, me I have returned to Sundt for a project in El Paso, I hope I get a break and get to do some fishing, miss the stories that I enjoy reading:?:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Yeah, I hear ya. I've wanted to get out, but as you said - weather. I was thinking this weekend, then looked at the forecast. Fuggidaboudit. At this point, maybe MLK day.

Edna and I were down this weekend and Sat was fine but today we decided to head home. Cold rain and just not nice. Well may be in a couple of more weeks we will try again.
I don't even care how the weather is I just love it there !

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Hey Art-

Doug and I fished on the Reel Hard last weekend (Dec 10th) - the seas were nasty and it was cold, but we toughed it out. I caught a Pinto that I say was 12 pounds (Doug said 10 :) ) and then we ran out to the 51 and caught the usual fare- GoldSpots, Sheepshead, Whitefish, and a couple small yellowtail.

If mother nature allows, I'll take my boat down for a couple days in between the holidays.

thats more like it

I know the weather has been an issue, at least you got out and caught some fish, maybe next month I will get a chance, thanks for posting your story

jerry

boy Saturday morning would have been good...we were in Santo Tomas slinging sand to a fellow Tucsonan and wanted to go out but all the Panga guys had been fishing for squid all night and it was a beer drinking day....some guys made 800 bucks friday night...

ReelHard

grouper slayer
finally the weather looks good for the new years weekend. im planning on fishing it. any takers. might be an overnite trip.

jerry

Anyone going out today is getting a glassy day.....I went down to the fish camp and bought some crab this morning..first day the fishermen could get to the place because of the muddy road.....I went fishing brokster syle (hitched a ride on my neighbors new beach launchable with ease 17' aluminum boat with a 40 hp Nissan motor) yesterday and we caught the usual suspects at the rock piles within 10 miles of Santo Tomas. Bad Gps Co-ordinated had our planned Grouper mission end in failure but they are out today with new Co-ordinates and man is it nice out.

We were down over New Years and how wonderful the weather was. I fished in close a couple of days and did not do well. Third day I paddled out to the one mile reef off PDO and loaded up on nice rock bass. I think I am, again, going to try to sell, or trade, the 19 ft Sea Ray. I want a Sea Do type boat so I can go out 10 or 15 miles. I have seen some pretty neat looking rigs set up for fishhing. I don't think it would be to hard to add a tiny kicker to one.

mondone

Whitecaps
Reef off Encanto supplied plenty of rock bass and a trigger on Friday. Made for good fish tacos that night.