Where to go out at night?

Wldcat10

How's it goin? I'm new to this forum and have a couple of questions. My family/Freinds are heading down to RP soon and staying at Playa Bonita. My family has been going to RP since before I was born (I'm 24), but I havent been to RP the last 5 years and feel like I've been "out of the loop" on whats goin on down there.

Last time I went down to RP, Pink Cadillac and Mannys was our main "go-to" places. I know times change so I dont want to end up some place thats a dud. My whole family + friends head down there every June. We are open to everything thats a good time, dancing, good music, karaoke etc. Maybe something with a club feel or just a fun bar with lots of people. The group I go out with range from ages 22-28. So one of my questions is, Where are the best places to head out to at night? (were staying on sandy beach)

My next question is about finding a place I havent been to since I was about maybe 15-16 years old. I remember we were staying at Playa Bonita and went out to rent some ATV's down the street. I remember we headed north? Not sure if it was north, but it was towards competition hill and we ended up in this area where the water was all still, no waves or anything. Just calm water, like a lagoon. There were local people swimming in the water. We rode thru one of the streets and seemed like a small town type feel to it. I would say it took us about 15 min on the atv's to get to that place.
Where is this place? I always loved the calm water and would love to head out there to relax and fish!

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Great place to visit is the Boo Bar on the malecon... ask for Jose tell him Mark sent ya and he should give you a free shot of tequila, and not the cheap stuff... they also have great burgers and stuff...

and that place with the calm water is Cholla Bay... it's to the west of Playa Bonita...

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Boobar is cool and Wrecked at the Reef on Sandy beach is cool, there is so much to do here you will not get bored. Right on on the advice Mark!

AZJD

Mannys and all those places downtown are a lost cause. In fact lots of them are closed most of the time, and when they are open nobody is there. Sad to see.

The best place to day drink is Boo Bar and Shark Bite by the fish market.

For the best time at night, Wrecked At The Reef on Sandy Beach. It's the best bar/restaurant in Rocky Point. Live bands every Friday and Saturday.

Changos is good on Sandy Beach...sometimes....it's also hit or miss for crowds.

But again, Wrecked At The Reef is the best.

mondone

Whitecaps
I went to Wrecked at the Reef on Sandy beach last week for the first time. Hit it about 4PM and had some good food out on the patio. It was not VERY crowded at this time but it seems like a cool place to hang out at more popular times of the day and night. I be back for sure and will check out the live music sometime.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Naomi and I eat at Wrecked on Sandy Beach more than a few times a month. They have a great kitchen there too! Yes Cheri the sliders at Boo are great!

Wldcat10

Well looks like I will have to go to wrecked for sure! Can anybody give me some driving directions to cholla bay from playa bonita?

AZ ROB

Leave Playa Bonita and turn left then left again go to the tee in the road go left again and follow around.. when you get to the big sign turn left again.. when you see 2 buildings in front of you go to the one on the left...