Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

Roberto

You actually mean cannot call Jerry a Commie, Pinko, Ratfink ever again :(:(:(

This disaster has flushed out several highly opinionated but ill informed newbys hasn't it?
Hope I did not miss any good action yesterday as I was home in bed most of the day:D:D:D

dmcauley

I have said this before and I will say it again, don't think that the powers that be do not know whats going on in Penasco or on this forum. Opinions about a safer place to go and how to keep an eye out are one thing but talking about a snitch campaign, NOT.
There are several members on this board who are offering up more than the occasional visitor can comprehend but those of us long term visitors and residents , along with those married to residents know that the cartels have been running Penasco and literally all of Mexico and do not want to scare us away. Someone mentioned that the line between the good guy and the bad guy is very thin, so true. Sometimes they are the same person was mentioned, take all of this seriously and have a great time in Mexico.
This is not far fetched, just remember how Vegas started.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I have said this before and I will say it again, don't think that the powers that be do not know whats going on in Penasco or on this forum. Opinions about a safer place to go and how to keep an eye out are one thing but talking about a snitch campaign, NOT.
There are several members on this board who are offering up more than the occasional visitor can comprehend but those of us long term visitors and residents , along with those married to residents know that the cartels have been running Penasco and literally all of Mexico and do not want to scare us away. Someone mentioned that the line between the good guy and the bad guy is very thin, so true. Sometimes they are the same person was mentioned, take all of this seriously and have a great time in Mexico.
This is not far fetched, just remember how Vegas started.

X1

Kenny

You actually mean cannot call Jerry a Commie, Pinko, Ratfink ever again :(:(:(

This disaster has flushed out several highly opinionated but ill informed newbys hasn't it?
Hope I did not miss any good action yesterday as I was home in bed most of the day:D:D:D
That along with some of our old friends who are also "highly opinionated but ill informed".

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
The probability of predicting the future occurrence of a certain event is usually calculated from the historical occurrence of that event. Since there is no history of Americans being killed by cartel violence in Penasco, it is impossible to predict the future probability of occurrence of such an event. Any volunteers to establish an initial data point?
I have a theory. How sanguine you feel about this incident, is in direct proportion to how close you were to the location where it happened.

It's like I hear about a shooting in a movie theater in Colorado, and think, that's tragic, but it does not affect me. If I was in the theater at the time, I would feel completely different because it's happening to me!

It's easy to brush this off from a distance as a crazy outlier which it may or may not be. Drug violence is sporadic moving from one location to another. Lets hope it's not Rocky Point's turn to feel the heat from the Cartels.

Some people here are suggesting Rocky Point is a centre for Cartel opperations. if that's true, the probability of more drug violence escalates.

I am not trying to be alarmist. in these situations rumors fly around fast. The fact is we are not privy what the hell is going on behind the scenes.

Lastly if they knew where the cartel guys were, they could have waited to get them when they left the resort instead of going in guns blazing. The whole operation planes, boats, helicopter gunships, troops etc seems like total overkill to me.

end of rant.[/quote]

Nobody is suggesting, we're telling you. It's not an opinion or suggestion. And please stop saying cartels plural, there's only one. You have a serious misconception of who the cartel is. They are more of a community organizer than a ruthless blood thirsty cocaine selling gang that you would like them to be. If you have been traveling to Mexico for a long period of time chances are that you have shared a beer with someone that's affiliated or talked with someone that's affiliated and had absolutely no idea. When a small business owner in RP needs a little extra cash for rent or supplies or just needs a loan to start a new business they don't go to the bank. When something gets stolen, they dont call the police. When they cant afford rent, they dont call the landlord. Get the drift?

Kenny

Has anybody heard from Jerry?

He's down under in Tasmania with a friend of ours and there appears (because of spam etc) to be a block for that part of the world and Europe as well. He'll be back for Christmas.

Last edited:

dmcauley

Yes Joe. There is only one cartel in Penasco. There are other cartels. The Zetas who were paid to leave this Plaza are another but since they technically don't exist in Penasco anymore, you are correct as to the singular but others are not incorrect using plural.

Kenny

Yes Joe. There is only one cartel in Penasco. There are other cartels. The Zetas who were paid to leave this Plaza are another but since they technically don't exist in Penasco anymore, you are correct as to the singular but others are not incorrect using plural.
And like all families, they don't always get along.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

Yes, I know there are others elsewhere in Mexico but in reference to RP and the surrounding area/state of Sonora. I know about the others in Southern Mexico but I thought they essentially reported to Sinaloa. Kights Temblar, La Familia, other little factions in Michoacan and Guerrero. I used to read Blog Del Narco a lot. All anyone needs to look at is the drug seizures out of San Luis R.C. Where do you think those originated or traveled through??????!!!

To the OTHERS; It's ok if you're not semi up to date with any of this but dont blab all over this forum about how you feel it was good that the GOOD GUYS killed the BAD GUYS and that it sends a message to DONT COME BACK LOLOLOLOL Like they ever left!!!!! LOL

Roberto

Mis2810 quote "Has anybody heard from Jerry?"
Yes, I talk to him daily. He's out of town.
Actually Jerry is deep under cover in the Caborca Cartel cell working on the fictionalized account of their activities. The Tazmania story is just that, a cover story. He's had extensive plastic surgery and is unrecognisable at this point. He was on the beach during the recent shootout, you can see him in an inflatable in the photo of the Navy boat. What appears to be three seabirds are actually decoys attached to the dive helmets of his photographers who were working their way to shore. He may be willing to fill in some details but I know he does not want to impact the sales of his book. If you look carefully at the rear window of the Rolls you will see his profile in the back seat too, but you will not recognize him.

Kenny

Mis2810 quote "Has anybody heard from Jerry?"

Actually Jerry is deep under cover in the Caborca Cartel cell working on the fictionalized account of their activities. The Tazmania story is just that, a cover story. He's had extensive plastic surgery and is unrecognisable at this point. He was on the beach during the recent shootout, you can see him in an inflatable in the photo of the Navy boat. What appears to be three seabirds are actually decoys attached to the dive helmets of his photographers who were working their way to shore. He may be willing to fill in some details but I know he does not want to impact the sales of his book. If you look carefully at the rear window of the Rolls you will see his profile in the back seat too, but you will not recognize him.
You my friend have broken the code and the price for that mistake will be dear.

Roberto

Well I had no choice. My monthly stipend to keep my mouth shut has not arrived and Navidad rapidly approaches. Yes, I sold out to you know who, so keep your doors locked and cat inside my friend. We are going to the mattresses over this!

ewesea

The US has fired from helicopters to stop suspects:

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/oct/26/texas-police-shoot-smugglers-helicopter/

also quoting policy changes regarding police firing from a helicopter:

http://www.policeone.com/airborne-maritime/articles/6442069-Texas-trooper-cleared-in-fatal-shooting-from-helicopter/

Also, shots fired in residential areas? See Boston Bombers. As I recall that incident complete shut down the city of Boston and surrounding area for more than a few hours:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/apr/20/boston-marathon-bombings-manhunt-timeline

It happens here all the time, the media just uses prettier words to present it to us.

Last edited:

Rick S

Yeah, they also shot a wolf once from a helicopter too. LOL!!

Comparing a man with a rifle shooting out of a helicopter is just a little different from a Blackhawk unloading on a populated tourist zone, don't ya think?

Kenny

The one's from Texas don't count! They did secede from the union didn't they? Oh, they didn't? Well then, can we vote on it.:cool:

Nobody is suggesting, we're telling you. It's not an opinion or suggestion. And please stop saying cartels plural, there's only one. You have a serious misconception of who the cartel is. They are more of a community organizer than a ruthless blood thirsty cocaine selling gang that you would like them to be. If you have been traveling to Mexico for a long period of time chances are that you have shared a beer with someone that's affiliated or talked with someone that's affiliated and had absolutely no idea. When a small business owner in RP needs a little extra cash for rent or supplies or just needs a loan to start a new business they don't go to the bank. When something gets stolen, they dont call the police. When they cant afford rent, they dont call the landlord. Get the drift?[/quote]