Worth a read

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Kind of reinforces my belief about owning any property in Mexico - never invest more than you can afford to walk away from at a moment's notice. This guy had invested millions. For me, it would be a trailer or RV. Maybe a small casita.

Still sad to see how it all crumbled for him.

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
Kind of reinforces my belief about owning any property in Mexico - never invest more than you can afford to walk away from at a moment's notice. This guy had invested millions. For me, it would be a trailer or RV. Maybe a small casita.

Still sad to see how it all crumbled for him.
Stuart, unfortunately you are 100% correct. Your comment is a good corollary to previous advice I think you also gave about buying a house in Mexico, i.e. "never purchase property in Mexico unless you are immediately handed a title and keys"
If you go into Mexico with eyes wide open it is much less likely to wind up jaded and bitter...

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I Totally agree with Stu and Marty,
When I told friends we were going to build a house in Mexico, I was asked "Are you crazy? there's
Cartels down there and Mexico will nationalize everything again".

I had a hand shake agreement with the developer who was drunk at La Curva restaurant to purchase the lot.

That was in 1988, Well most everything has gone well with some little speed bumps, a few break-ins, a hurricane, a water spout,
termites and lastly Covid-19.

It's still there, and if I was to lose it, I'd be angry, but would get over it because I invested what I could afford to lose.
Which wasn't that much in 1988, under $30k for a simple house and lot 100 feet from the ocean, but we've added on
and modernized it so the investment into it went up to make it better and more comfortable.

I never thought of it as an investment to get rich off of it, I think of it as a place to enjoy, watching our kid's grow up also enjoying it.

We've seen it too many times where people have sunk a lot of $$ into projects in Mexico and other places only to watch it disappear
from their mismanagement or things out of their control.

Roberto

Well Known Member
QUOTE="Waiting, post: 397615, member: 18699"]
Wow that is quite the story and cause for concern.
[/QUOTE]

WELL, HERE IS CAUSE FOR GREATER CONCERN RIGHT HERE AT HOME. CATCH THE RECENT CLIP TAKEN IN OREGON OF A LARGE GROUP OF MASKED UNIFORMED WITHOUT INSIGNIA OR ID, CLUBBING AN ELDERLY UNARMED MAN WHO JUST WALKED UP TO THEM AND ASKED TO TALK ABOUT THE VIOLENCE.. ONE MASKED WONDER HIT HIM REPEATEDLY LIKE HE WAS SWINGING AT A BASE BALL. THE OLD NAVY VET REFUSED TO GO DOWN. AT LEAST THE SPINELESS WONDERS HAD THE NERVE TO WEAR ID WHEN CLUBBING PEOPLE DURING CIVIL RIGHTS STUFF. TESE GUYS COULD HAVE BEEN FROM ANY FASCIST ngo. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT IN ANY MEXICAN CONFLICT WITH THE POLICE HERE. A SPINELESS CROWD OF ONLOOKERS JUST STOOD BY. WE ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL IN THE 6O'S & 70'S. hAS TRUMP GOT THEM SCARED. TIME TO LOAD THE BUSSES FOR OREGON.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
QUOTE="Waiting, post: 397615, member: 18699"]
Wow that is quite the story and cause for concern.
WELL, HERE IS CAUSE FOR GREATER CONCERN RIGHT HERE AT HOME. CATCH THE RECENT CLIP TAKEN IN OREGON OF A LARGE GROUP OF MASKED UNIFORMED WITHOUT INSIGNIA OR ID, CLUBBING AN ELDERLY UNARMED MAN WHO JUST WALKED UP TO THEM AND ASKED TO TALK ABOUT THE VIOLENCE.. ONE MASKED WONDER HIT HIM REPEATEDLY LIKE HE WAS SWINGING AT A BASE BALL. THE OLD NAVY VET REFUSED TO GO DOWN. AT LEAST THE SPINELESS WONDERS HAD THE NERVE TO WEAR ID WHEN CLUBBING PEOPLE DURING CIVIL RIGHTS STUFF. TESE GUYS COULD HAVE BEEN FROM ANY FASCIST ngo. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT IN ANY MEXICAN CONFLICT WITH THE POLICE HERE. A SPINELESS CROWD OF ONLOOKERS JUST STOOD BY. WE ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL IN THE 6O'S & 70'S. hAS TRUMP GOT THEM SCARED. TIME TO LOAD THE BUSSES FOR OREGON.
[/QUOTE]
Fake News. The rioters in Portland have been getting more and more bold thanks to Wheeler and Brown. The Portland Police have been neutered by the mayor and city council. The Feds are there to protect federal property because the police have been ordered to stand down. The poor, poor vet you mention was not innocent and you only regurgitated the liberal side. Typical. If you think things are worse in the US than Mexico, you truly are ignorant or completely dishonest.

richwi

Well Known Member
It's interesting to me you continually use "fake news" when you disagree with something, especially when your comments are based on your opinion as though your opinion is fact. It's like someone saying "my bad" rather than apologizing. Just trite phrases without real meaning.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
There is... Off Topic. Why, you want to try herding cats, Wendell? (kidding mostly). Hope you and the missus are well.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
It's interesting to me you continually use "fake news" when you disagree with something, especially when your comments are based on your opinion as though your opinion is fact. It's like someone saying "my bad" rather than apologizing. Just trite phrases without real meaning.
The term 'fake news' is a generic term used when an article or headline is completely biased, half true, completely untrue etc. Most articles and headlines in the Fake News Media fall under this category. Get it now? It has become popular since President Trump became a candidate for office because 90%+ of the Fake News Media will print any article to hurt him and/or Conservatives.

richwi

Well Known Member
We have been fortun
The term 'fake news' is a generic term used when an article or headline is completely biased, half true, completely untrue etc. Most articles and headlines in the Fake News Media fall under this category. Get it now? It has become popular since President Trump became a candidate for office because 90%+ of the Fake News Media will print any article to hurt him and/or Conservatives.
Like I said, a trite phrase without real meaning