Worth a read

Kenny

Well Known Member
Oh boy, now here's Petrose getting political. These guys are like Lemmings, but they are not as intelligent.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Some people don't seem to understand that saying something about what they have no knowledge of doesn't make what they say true. And those people have no clue about what I just wrote.
WELL, HERE IS CAUSE FOR GREATER CONCERN RIGHT HERE AT HOME. CATCH THE RECENT CLIP TAKEN IN OREGON OF A LARGE GROUP OF MASKED UNIFORMED WITHOUT INSIGNIA OR ID, CLUBBING AN ELDERLY UNARMED MAN WHO JUST WALKED UP TO THEM AND ASKED TO TALK ABOUT THE VIOLENCE.. ONE MASKED WONDER HIT HIM REPEATEDLY LIKE HE WAS SWINGING AT A BASE BALL. THE OLD NAVY VET REFUSED TO GO DOWN. AT LEAST THE SPINELESS WONDERS HAD THE NERVE TO WEAR ID WHEN CLUBBING PEOPLE DURING CIVIL RIGHTS STUFF. TESE GUYS COULD HAVE BEEN FROM ANY FASCIST ngo. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT IN ANY MEXICAN CONFLICT WITH THE POLICE HERE. A SPINELESS CROWD OF ONLOOKERS JUST STOOD BY. WE ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL IN THE 6O'S & 70'S. hAS TRUMP GOT THEM SCARED. TIME TO LOAD THE BUSSES FOR OREGON.
Fake News. The rioters in Portland have been getting more and more bold thanks to Wheeler and Brown. The Portland Police have been neutered by the mayor and city council. The Feds are there to protect federal property because the police have been ordered to stand down. The poor, poor vet you mention was not innocent and you only regurgitated the liberal side. Typical. If you think things are worse in the US than Mexico, you truly are ignorant or completely dishonest.
[/QUOTE]

Petrose

Oh boy, now here's Petrose getting political. These guys are like Lemmings, but they are not as intelligent.
Oh my goodness Kenny! Was my post demeaning? It was ment as just an example of fake news consequences. You decided to use as a scale of my intelligence that you want so much to judge. Worry about the log in your eye, not the splinter in mine. Hope you have a better day today.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The rise of "fake news" is in direct proportion to the decline of journalistic integrity. Stories and sources used to be researched and vetted before being ran. In the current 24/7 news cycle in which we live, all that went out the window. It's who breaks the story first these days, facts be damned.

Add to that the "news" is now more of an agenda or opinion piece, rather than a non-biased reporting of facts/events. Doesn't matter which side of the political spectrum you're on, both sides spin everything to their advantage.

It's why I no longer even read a newspaper or watch the news, other than to catch the weather report occasionally.

Please don't make this thread political.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
There are so many articles out there that are mainly click bait for the questionable headline.
So fake news is the game of the decade now.
It seems like the word integrity has become much less important vs getting ratings.
There are only a few news outlets in the US that still hold high values for their reporting.

There are many news hacks out there that don't really review their pieces because they have writing errors and
obvious spelling errors. That wouldn't have happened in the News reporting golden years.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Oh my goodness Kenny! Was my post demeaning? It was ment as just an example of fake news consequences. You decided to use as a scale of my intelligence that you want so much to judge. Worry about the log in your eye, not the splinter in mine. Hope you have a better day today.
Demeaning? To me? Sorry, I forgot how sensitive you are. So, suck it up buttercup and take some deep breaths and you'll be fine. You are very much like our troll Queenie it seems because you show up to put a like on his nonsense consistently.

Last edited:

audsley

Well Known Member
The New York Times masthead displays the slogan "All the News That's Fit to Print." But today's slogan should read "All the News That Fits Your World View" and applies to the Times, New York Daily News, Washington Post, Washington Times, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, Time, Newsweek, NPR, PBS and every other news outlet except, in my opinion, the Wall Street Journal. Viewership/readership drives advertising revenue, so the trick is to offer consistent bias confirmation and compete with the other outlets that are confirming the same biases. Fox and CNN don't compete with each other because they design their content for different and mutually hostile audiences. Viewers are like sports fans rooting for their team without having to think.

I regret that Donald Trump popularized the phrase "fake news." In my mind, fake news is when someone fabricates a story that Hillary is running a child prostitution ring out of a pizza parlor knowing there is a demand for that kind of inside "information," and sells advertising on its site. Biased news is what we get in the mainstream media, and reporting can be afford to be sloppy because most of the audience is loyal and won't question errors, exaggerations or misinterpretations. The distinction is important. Major news outlets don't really offer fake news. They simply tailor their facts to the kind of sermon their congregation came to hear. And they all do it, both liberals and conservatives.

ernesto

Well Known Member
On a brighter note.... I just had a beautiful week down in our Pueblo. Weather was nice , got a bit of deferred maintenance done. Some great sunsets,warm in the early afternoon but not unbearably humid. Was going to the mountains next weekend, now thinking Mex again. Had not been in 4 months. No hassles, used the resident card.

audsley

Well Known Member
I just read the article in The Atlantic. Reminded me of F. Scott Fitzgerald's famous comment that "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." The article was talking about the people who can't function while holding two opposing ideas simultaneously, and nowadays that seems to be most Americans.

Right now I'm holding two opposing views of my choices in the Presidential election, but I'm not sure I'll be able to function on election day. Last time I wrote in a favorite Congressman who wasn't even running because I couldn't bear to leave my fingerprints on a victory for either of the two reprobates on the ballot. I can't really count that as functioning.

joester

2 salty dawgs
I'm not sure how anyone can be on the fence at this time, seems the choice gets more clear with each lie.

rplarry

Well Known Member
I'm not sure how anyone can be on the fence at this time, seems the choice gets more clear with each lie.
Go back and read your Atlantic article, reverse the bias in the article towards yourself and how you view of Covid and Trump, etc and drink in some of your own cool-aid.

Your DTS bias is so hypocritical towards the post you said, “worth a read” it is laughable.

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
QUOTE="Waiting, post: 397615, member: 18699"]
Wow that is quite the story and cause for concern.
WELL, HERE IS CAUSE FOR GREATER CONCERN RIGHT HERE AT HOME. CATCH THE RECENT CLIP TAKEN IN OREGON OF A LARGE GROUP OF MASKED UNIFORMED WITHOUT INSIGNIA OR ID, CLUBBING AN ELDERLY UNARMED MAN WHO JUST WALKED UP TO THEM AND ASKED TO TALK ABOUT THE VIOLENCE.. ONE MASKED WONDER HIT HIM REPEATEDLY LIKE HE WAS SWINGING AT A BASE BALL. THE OLD NAVY VET REFUSED TO GO DOWN. AT LEAST THE SPINELESS WONDERS HAD THE NERVE TO WEAR ID WHEN CLUBBING PEOPLE DURING CIVIL RIGHTS STUFF. TESE GUYS COULD HAVE BEEN FROM ANY FASCIST ngo. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT IN ANY MEXICAN CONFLICT WITH THE POLICE HERE. A SPINELESS CROWD OF ONLOOKERS JUST STOOD BY. WE ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL IN THE 6O'S & 70'S. hAS TRUMP GOT THEM SCARED. TIME TO LOAD THE BUSSES FOR OREGON.
[/QUOTE]

MORE Untrue comparison of US and Mexico. LOL
This is not true. Please read the full story from real media.

The only thing true is:
An older man identified as John Blum was hit in the head, causing him to bleed, during a street brawl at a rally in Portland.
He was part of the brawl.
Find another faake news storey to relate to Mexico murderers cartel.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
MORE Untrue comparison of US and Mexico. LOL
This is not true. Please read the full story from real media.

The only thing true is:
An older man identified as John Blum was hit in the head, causing him to bleed, during a street brawl at a rally in Portland.
He was part of the brawl.
Find another faake news storey to relate to Mexico murderers cartel.
[/QUOTE]
The 'peaceful' protesters are actually riotous mobs just looking to spread anarchy.