Yamaha outboard dealer

audsley

Can anyone steer me to a Yamaha outboard dealer closer than a thousand miles from here? Doesn't seem to be one in Arizona.

We're looking for a new 25 - 35 Yamaha to push a 26-foot coastal panga. We've been using an old 2-stroke 40 HP Merc and a 4-stroke 9.9 Yamaha. The 9.9 uses very little gas but the last 10 per cent of throttle doesn't make the boat go any faster. We believe it's a cavitation issue caused by being under-powered. Looking to step up and do this thing right, but it's amazing how hard it is to find a dealer for the smaller (under 40 HP) outboards.

Brad

Try Complete Marine in Phoenix 480-966-1595.
They are a Yamaha dealer I use them for all my Yamaha parts.
Good luck

audsley

Brad, thanks for trying, but Complete Marine no longer sells "loose" Yamaha outboards. They only sell them as part of a boat package. Salesman at Complete Marine doesn't believe I'm going to find what I'm looking for in Arizona.

Brad

Well guess I won’t be using them when I upgrade the Yamahas on my boat. That’s bad news going to have to take my boat out of state, that’s a real hassle. Good luck on your search. I’ld interested in what you find out.

Roberto

I have the same problem, more or less with a variety of stuff on the Net. Banking at a bankless bank for one. Just cannot bring myself to do it although a son uses it and likes it. I am continually frustrated at not being able to speak to a person when I have a problem with something I ordered on the net. Recent problems with ordering car parts and airline reservations. The airline reservation thing ended up costing me over $1,000 !!!!! I will never use one of the outfits that sell and offer multiple airline tickets. If I need I will go direct to the airline. Amazon has similar problems. You seem to fall into a deep hole that requires a monumental struggle to get out. Maybe it's just an OG (old guy) problem. Also living in Mexico puts another layer of problems on sometimes. Shipping can be a nightmare. Sorry for the diversion , just could not resist. !!

Try Martin marine. It is up by Cabellas and they are very nice there. They sent me to an online dealer for my 3.5 Tohatsu and then the did the dealer prep.
The online dealer they use is great. It has great prices, no tax and ships free. I highly recommend these folks and tell them that Bill Hale with the 3.5 Tohatsu sent you.
Also the boat guy in Show Low area sells Yamaha motors He can put a new carb on your 9.9 and it makes it a 15, may require a new prop. He can also talk to you about the 50 hp merk recarb to make it a 60. EZE trailer and Boat sales Nick is the owner and knows his stuff around a boat 928 368 6601 may not be open for the season yet. Also tell him Bill Hale sent you. If you want don't hesitate to call me 520 251 0656

audsley

Wood Spinner,' stopped by EZE Trailer and Boat in Lakeside today and you were right. Nick's the Man. And his front desk guy has a house in Kino and has been fishing the SOC since the 60's. Both know exactly what we're doing (though they're not sure why we're doing it), and they can do anything we need them to including selling us a Yamaha outboard that's not part of a boat package.

I didn't mention your name because I'd forgotten it and didn't think they'd recall anyone named Wood Spinner.

Hey I am glad I could steer you the right way Yes Nick is the guy but his dad is pretty set in his ways
My name is Bill Hale and we Summer in Show Low. Maybe we can get together. We will not be here for about the next 3 or 4 weeks as my wife needs some surgery. 1000 N 34 Th Dr. 520 251 0656
dr