Yippie!!!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I spent 4 hours at the Arizona Heart Institute for my 6 month check up after I got my stents cleaned out in November and they are functioning perfectly! I do, however, have to stay on blood thinners for the rest of my life. I'm a walking bruise. :-( It looks so bad......I am thankful, tho....

joester

2 salty dawgs
great news to hear your heart is working correctly - we always knew it was in the right place :party:

TICO-T

I have 2 stents and was having problems until I met a cardiologist in Costa Rica. He suspected my urine protein levels were high. He ordered a 24 hour urine collection and the lab showed my protein levels were off the charts. The doctor prescribed EXForge 10/mg 160/mg. This is a blood pressure pill and it also regulates the protein in the urine. I had a follow up here in Arizona and now my lab test show normal levels of protein and my blood pressure is always about 117/70.
This change was made in July 2007 and I haven not had a problem since. Yes high protein can cause problems with stents!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
For the noob's on here and Joester, who just forgot, these stents are in my leg. My right interior femoral artery was completely clogged from my um, groin to my knee. I have 3 stents in there. They were put in in Jan '11. 2 months later, they let me go off the blood thinners. At my first regular 6 month check up in Oct. 11, they discovered the stents had clogged up. In Nov. '11, I got them rotor rootered. He would not let me go off the blood thinners. He said yesterday that I must take them from now on. I am a walking bruise but thankful they are functioning properly. It was kind of a big deal for me as I was just a little scared. I leaned on my forum family through all this, whining, complaining and venting. And they loved me right back! I love you guys!

joester

2 salty dawgs
yuuuuup - I forgot. I have a good memory, it's just real short.
just great to hear you're doing well!
we have had a few medical issues slow down our travels this year, but are on the mend and making plans for our annual return to PDO at Thanksgiving :)