ZIP A DEE...snap...

jerry

Well Known Member
By: Héctor Aldrete germán
Puerto Peñasco, Sonora

The balance of three injured, two clients and a worker, left an accident in the zip line which is located on the hill of "La Loma", this appears to be a consequence of an envelope of steel cable and an excess of weight It was possible to cause the support post of the fourth line of the zip line to drop and tilt and the users would fall to hit with a sand dune.

The events occurred on Sunday afternoon, July 16 in the area known as "La Loma", to where rescue elements were moved to serve the wounded people who fell from the fourth line of the zip line, same It has a length of 609 meters and is the longest of all.

Of the three injured, two were transferred to a local clinic with serious injuries but they did not risk their life, while one more was treated for minor injuries in the same place.

Because of the accident, the municipal civil protection unit has suspended activities to the company and will be conducting a rigorous inspection to ensure that all safety standards are met in order to prevent events such as the newly occurring

jerry

Well Known Member
typical half assed Mexican construction meets gringo hustlers cutting corners with a touch of fat assed bacon wrapped shrimp loving 250 pounders allowed on the line because of improper protocols..

danwerle

I did one in Cabo, Wife and I would go double......If we were stuck or something was wrong the Dude launching you would probably come out after a while of you struggling and "tow" you the last bit.
So Sorry to hear about these peoples accident, They were just out having fun......

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Wondered what all the ambulance / siren action was when in town Sunday afternoon.

Had visited the zip line a month or two ago, and it looked pretty primitive. . . .Could be a fun attraction if upgraded.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Wondered what all the ambulance / siren action was when in town Sunday afternoon.

Had visited the zip line a month or two ago, and it looked pretty primitive. . . .Could be a fun attraction if upgraded.
Gimme an air conditioned gondola car with plenty of cold beer and tacos and I might get on it. A Mexican zip line? No way in hell. :eek:hyeah:

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Gimme an air conditioned gondola car with plenty of cold beer and tacos and I might get on it. A Mexican zip line? No way in hell. :eek:hyeah:
Well after having read some announcement awhile back about it being manufactured / installed by (?) a US company reputable worldwide for its zip lines, I expected to see something similar to the air-condition gondola car. Instead, saw what looked more like broomsticks and twine . . .

jerry

Well Known Member
May as well kiss that goodbye, who in their right mind would go anywhere near that thing. :rolleyes:
"Those in charge of building and operating the new high-thrills business is the company Universal Zipline Technology, through its local affiliate Rocky Point Zipline. Universal Zipline Technology has a 100% proven safety record and experience with ziplines in several countries including Costa Rica, Ecuador, British Virgin Islands, China, and the United States.". Well there goes the 1 00%

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Too bad-I wanted to try this!
Yanno, if I was some 20-something years old again and still full of piss and vinegar like I used to be in those days, I'd probably do it. Hell, we used to dive off 75 ft. cliffs into a deep cold water quarry in PA when I was that age, all in the name of fun. But, nearly 62 year old me at 6'5" and close to 300 lbs? Uhhhh, I'm in no hurry to relive the folly of my youth! I was lucky to make it through the 1st time!

:uhyeah:

jerry

Well Known Member
Yanno, if I was some 20-something years old again and still full of piss and vinegar like I used to be in those days, I'd probably do it. Hell, we used to dive off 75 ft. cliffs into a deep cold water quarry in PA when I was that age, all in the name of fun. But, nearly 62 year old me at 6'5" and close to 300 lbs? Uhhhh, I'm in no hurry to relive the folly of my youth! I was lucky to make it through the 1st time!

that experience was real...until this screw up this is fun but...well fake

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member

Where in PA?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Where in PA?
There were a couple of old quarry swimming holes in our area. I lived in Ambler. The one we'd go to most often was over in Conshohocken. We had always heard that there was still equipment at the bottom of the quarry, but it was very deep and we couldn't swim that deep to see if it was true or not. Supposedly, they had been working away, digging and slicing rock and hit a cold water spring and the place flooded overnight before they could get the equipment out. Even in the peak of summer, that water was ice cold and crystal blue. There was another flooded quarry near Fort Washington, but it was fenced and sealed off really well by the Navy. The bases at NAS Willow Grove and NADC Johnsville both used it to test sonar and anti-submarine acoustic devices. My dad was in the Navy and one of his buddies took me there fishing when I was a kid, but we never tried to get in there as teenagers because they actually guarded the place.