Rocky Point in the news again

Friends said the construction on home port has stopped and equipment moved off pier....anyone know whats up?
Was just on the beach a few minutes ago & multiple trucks & equipment on the pier working hard. Was at the Mar Blu last night and equipment on the pier working late in the dark till 10pm....They are consistently working on the pier 7 days a week / 12 hours a day. Rarely once in a while for a few hours I have noticed the work will stop briefly I would guess for maintenance on the equipment or blasting more rock loose at Black Mountain...

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I have no problem people sharing my photos ever. Proper "courtesy of" is preferred. I don't even mind if you use your own photos as long as you take credit for them. Please though don't assign photos to people who don't own them and then "fish" for some kind of negative response from the person you are intentionally trying to offend.

Was just on the beach a few minutes ago & multiple trucks & equipment on the pier working hard. Was at the Mar Blu last night and equipment on the pier working late in the dark till 10pm....They are consistently working on the pier 7 days a week / 12 hours a day. Rarely once in a while for a few hours I have noticed the work will stop briefly I would guess for maintenance on the equipment or blasting more rock loose at Black Mountain...
That is good news. They must have run out of fuel or a labor dispute, also heard they will not let them blast worried about the Condos on Sandy Beach

Wow I was there on last Fri-Monday, they are really cranking on that, must have added 200-300 feet since then.
Stephen, you really have a front row seat.

mis2810

He might have a front row seat, but I can only imagine the noise when they dump the rocks. It sounds like thunder all the way down at Las Palmas - don't expect anyone to be sleeping in late at Esmeralda - EVER AGAIN.

No one responds to why there was no work going on, how could you not sleep with no work, their cannot be thunder without work!!

mis2810

Hill Boy - I'm not down there - no idea why there was no work. But if I was at Esmeralda, I'd be happy there was no work!

Thank you mis2810 we will be going down next Fri. We will get the real scope if no one else will talk about what is going on

Esmeralda has GIANT windows that are very heavy. When they are closed, we can't hear anything. It's bearable when they are open.

I'm more concerned about all the dead squid washing up on Sandy Beach. Wife saw 50+ today. That can't be a good sign.

About the work... it's 7:08 PM on Saturday night and they are still going at it.

That is not good! But we all felt this project had some negative impact on the environment. let us all hope for the best if it is ever completed.