Any boats for sale in RP?

TheColoradoDude

Fish/Live/Learn
I have tried googling boats for sale in Rocky Point/Puerto Penasco and seem to come up with nothing. Are there boats for sale there? I do browse boat ads in the PHX/Tuscon area but would love a good boat already in Mexico.

Thanks for any info, links, etc...

James

What are you looking for? I have a boat in Tucson that I've not listed for sale yet. It was owned by my dad and his best friend. The best friend is the one the one that took care of it before he died of Altimers. My dad asked me to sell it and donate all the money to Altimers Research. To be honest I know very little about the boat or boats in general.

I know it ran before it was parked 4-5 years ago. It has two sleeping bunks, one in the bow and one in the rear. It has a live well, refer, freezer, head, marine radio, etc.

Make an offer....I also can deliver it to Rocky Point

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
A. Have you owned a boat before or are you a newbie to boating?
B. What size boat are you looking for?
C. What is your intended purpose - sailing, fishing, cruising, etc.?
D. What price range do you have in mind?
E. Do you plan on keeping it in a slip or on a trailer?

F-Z - whole bunch of other questions.

There are always boats for sale, everywhere. Mine's currently in Puerto Penasco and I'm considering selling it. Feel free to private message me for more information.

TheColoradoDude

Fish/Live/Learn
A. Have you owned a boat before or are you a newbie to boating?B. What size boat are you looking for? I have a 20 foot Bayliner I/0 here in Colorado. I had a 19 foot Center Console lined up to buy in Baja but that deal fell through. Kinda glad because just coming back from San Carlos Mexico I believe I would like something a little bigger 21-24 ft.

C. What is your intended purpose - sailing, fishing, cruising, etc.? For now I am interested in a fishing/cruising boat. Something that I can go out and troll for some Yellow Tail, then anchor it in a cove and take a nap if I want to. Preferably with newer outboards twin or single with kicker are fine.
D. What price range do you have in mind? My budget is around $10,000-20,000
E. Do you plan on keeping it in a slip or on a trailer? Depending on slip prices I will probably dry dock it and have it launched each time. I currently plan on having it dry docked in San Carlos. I have researched boats there but I thought I would also check out and see what is in RP. My friend has a place in RP and I will be down there next Sunday for a few days.

Dezracer I will send you a PM. I would need to know engine type, hours, condition.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Bigger is better - in both San Carlos and Penasco. When the wind comes up suddenly, even I wish I had a bigger boat! However, I used to fish both locations with a 23' Baja Bayrunner CC. Slammed a lot of fish on the deck of my old boat, but I learned the hard way that it was a fair seas boat. Anything more than a foot or two of chop and it was a long, slow, pounding ride back in.

My current boat is a 2002 2860WA ProKat, setup for fishing and you can overnight on it, as well, in comfort.

Twin 225 Yamaha four-strokes, religiously maintained by yours truly. Just turned 600 hours. Will run out to the 51 on flat water at 45mph+. Enough range to go over to Baja and back - 250 gallons of fuel. Good electronics, good shape overall, sits on a triple axle aluminum trailer that was completely rebuilt last year. I haul it down to San Carlos in the summer for top water trolling, fish in Penasco the rest of the year.

Price - I don't think we'd be able to meet in the middle on that one. That's why it's a question worth asking up front.

I do know somebody that has an excellent boat close to what you're looking for and it is in top notch shape. I'll PM you his email address.

TheColoradoDude

Fish/Live/Learn
I like those cats for the stability! I was on a 26 ft World Cat in San Carlos in some pretty rough seas and it held really steady!

playaperro

El Pirata
What are you looking for? I have a boat in Tucson that I've not listed for sale yet. It was owned by my dad and his best friend. The best friend is the one the one that took care of it before he died of Altimers. My dad asked me to sell it and donate all the money to Altimers Research. To be honest I know very little about the boat or boats in general.

I know it ran before it was parked 4-5 years ago. It has two sleeping bunks, one in the bow and one in the rear. It has a live well, refer, freezer, head, marine radio, etc.

Make an offer....I also can deliver it to Rocky Point

I will put the first bid in.....$1000.00 USD

$1000 is the current bid....come on people...100% of the money goes to Altimers Research

(This is NOT a binding bid...but rather a pending offer that still needs to be accepted)

jerry

Stewart is selling his boat???? What's next?
A. kenny quits fishing
B. Az burns his beads
C. Roberto moves to Mesa
D. Grim007 joins DailKos
E.Ladjeeper buys a Kia
F. Happy buys a pigeon coop
G. I vote for Sara Palin

Great catch many dont know that Long Island NY has great saltwater fishing and clean good eating fish .
I used to go for monster blues from Freeport in those party boats.
Hey....I used to buy fresh fish off the commercial boats out of Freeport!!! There used to be a couple decent restaurants on that strip (was it the Freeport Mile???)