Anybody But Me Been Hearing This Ad on the Radio???

Cheap way to loose a lot of weight in a really short time.

I now carry as much pedialyte in my coolero as bottled water for those late summer outings. One trip last August the wife had to take the boat back in as I was in the fetal position on the deck awash with Dorado blood and puke. Only took an hour in the shower back home to cool down enough to get the energy and recover in order to fillet those little hot water loving beasts.

At least we were on the water catching fish without AC. I'll never forget a few years back with a new pair of Clark's Desert Boots, walking on the desert flats in August wondering why the soles of the boots had rocks sticking in them, they were melting from the heat!

JJ

Puerto Penasco Weather summary wrap-up:

Mid Dec - Mid Feb- :( Cold nights going to Chilly and windy.

Mid Feb - Mid Mar -:cool: Coolish and windy turning nice.

Mid Mar - Early June :) Really nice, almost perfect, turning to hot in late May

Early June - 4th of July:eek:hmy: Getting pretty toasty, start heading to the mountains if you're that lucky.
Mid July - 1st week of Oct. :gag: Really bad, with bath water ocean temps, late July to late Sept. And when the wind dies for, days on end during Aug :eek::eek::eek:. Heat Stroke Territory.

Mid Oct - 1st of Dec :):) Pretty much perfect, warm water temps, warm days and pleasant nights.

mondone

Whitecaps
Not true. When its 110F in Yuma or Phoenix with very low humidity like 8% , it is 99F in Penasco with 90% humidity, it feels just as bad and you get no refreshment when you go into the water, it is like this all summer. All the way until end of September, then October to mid November is when you can enjoy it. Then it gets too cold all the way to mid March, then you get April to mid May then it get too hot for comfort. There is a reason why Puerto Penasco is not booming with tourists even now. Place is not cheap as it was in 1990s. It wants to be Cancun but it can't for obvious reasons
I don't know what planet you are from or what your motivation is here, but Penasco has been incredibly busy with visitors again. Spring Break and Semana Santa were extremely crowded times. Even this past weekend when I was down was busier than I would have imagined, not only in town but even on the east beaches were I live. There is no question in my mind that more and more people are visiting again after the lean times of the economy and fears of Mexican travel. I see a lot more rental homes in Encanto occupied more than empty the past year or so. And nothing is as cheap as it was in the 90's. That's only common sense.

Estella

I don't know what planet you are from or what your motivation is here, but Penasco has been incredibly busy with visitors again. Spring Break and Semana Santa were extremely crowded times. Even this past weekend when I was down was busier than I would have imagined, not only in town but even on the east beaches were I live. There is no question in my mind that more and more people are visiting again after the lean times of the economy and fears of Mexican travel. I see a lot more rental homes in Encanto occupied more than empty the past year or so. And nothing is as cheap as it was in the 90's. That's only common sense.
I have no motivation here, I am just stating the fact. You yourself admit with your statement that it only started picking up again with visitors this year. Spring Break was still dead this year, there is no way you can compare it going back to 1998. Semana santa was always busy but getting more visitors each year because of hotel operators are running ads in Hermosillo and Mexicali, so Semana Santa are Mexican visitors. What we are discussing here are Anglo visitors from the USA, never came back from 1990s levels. Fact is right now May 3rd, Penasco is dead, go to the beach you can count 20 people there, and weather is perfect for the beach, I am just stating the facts.

I have no motivation here, I am just stating the fact. You yourself admit with your statement that it only started picking up again with visitors this year. Spring Break was still dead this year, there is no way you can compare it going back to 1998. Semana santa was always busy but getting more visitors each year because of hotel operators are running ads in Hermosillo and Mexicali, so Semana Santa are Mexican visitors. What we are discussing here are Anglo visitors from the USA, never came back from 1990s levels. Fact is right now May 3rd, Penasco is dead, go to the beach you can count 20 people there, and weather is perfect for the beach, I am just stating the facts.
Actually you were stating opinion (regarding climate preference) mixed with observations of a "comeback" (or, as you state, lack thereof) that doesn't match the days of the "boom." I would suggest that the reason for the mismatch is simply that comebacks -- economy and residual effect on tourism -- don't happen overnight.

ernesto

Remember when 3-5 hour waits coming North happened every weekend, careful what you wish for.Plenty busy for me just the way it is. I was in San Diego last week, constant traffic stop and go on I 5, deal breaker for me. Turning into a little LA.

mondone

Whitecaps
Came back through yesterday about noon. About 25 vehicles ahead of me on a Tuesday mid-day, all US plates that I could see. So no Anglos, heh?

Coming down today (Wed) I saw a lot of RV's heading north

The big difference with RP now vs the 90's is the tourism base has changed.
In the 90's it had a big USA/Canada visitor base, now it has a larger Mexican visitor base.
I would estimate during the 90's it was 60-70% visitors from the USA/Canada while now it's 60+% Mexican (USA and Mexico) visitors.

During the late 80's and until early 2000's, after the 4th of July weekend, RP became very quiet (ghost town) as most US visitors left for the summer.
Now it is much busier with the people visiting mainly from Mexico and Mexican's visiting from the USA, I was surprised at that when I came down
in late July 2014 and 2016 and found it really busy vs years past. ( I came down lot during the late 80's and 90' during the summer)

One of the things keeping RP from booming again is the difference's in the spending habit's of the American's visiting
and the Mexican's visiting here.
Real Estate is picking up but there are still a ton of places for sale as there are plenty of places to rent now vs 90's.
I built my place in Cholla because we became tired of camping on Sandy Beach or staying in a RV in one of the RV parks that are now gone.

The border waits can still be long, but there are 5-6 gates now vs the 3 during the 90's, I waited almost 6 hours on a Memorial day
weekend in the 90's. No Fun! And now they check passports or the lack of .

Yep the I-5 around San Diego isn't any fun at all, unless you time it around the rush hour traffic.

Down from the Soap Box.;)

Estella

About 25 vehicles ahead of me on a Tuesday mid-day, all US plates that I could see. So no Anglos, heh?
How do you know that they are anglos?

The big difference with RP now vs the 90's is the tourism base has changed.
In the 90's it had a big USA/Canada visitor base, now it has a larger Mexican visitor base.
I would estimate during the 90's it was 60-70% visitors from the USA/Canada while now it's 60+% Mexican (USA and Mexico) visitors.
That's exactly what I was saying. Anglo visitors are quality tourists who go out and spend money. Chicanos from west Phoenix are thrifty they bring their own beer leave early in the morning and come back at midnight, they don't even spend the night there.

One of the things keeping RP from booming again is the difference's in the spending habit's of the American's visiting
and the Mexican's visiting here.
Bingo

Real Estate is picking up but there are still a ton of places for sale as there are plenty of places to rent now vs 90's.
I built my place in Cholla because we became tired of camping on Sandy Beach or staying in a RV in one of the RV parks that are now gone.
During 1990s almost all Hotel operators were locally owned, meaning when tourist spends money the money will stay in the town and be circulated in there, taxes going into town's budget. Now big hotel operators are out of town, turists spend money in one of the new resorts and Puerto Penasco city doesn't see a dollar from it. Hotel has it's own restaurant that gets supplied from Hermosillo, tourist does not even go to Malecon to eat because of bad reputation and stomach bugs. New hotel investors got their incentive from Penasco, they don't pay taxes. This is one of the reasons why a city of Penasco is same crappy town, They did invest in remodeling Malecon, but nothing else has been improved.

Thanks for the write. You pretty much explained it all

Great points, above. But I would add another factor: US has been in recession (many would say depression) for many years. The barge is only beginning to turn around, and – depending on success – will (at a similar pace) affect Penasco.

marybna

I run ads in Hermosillo for my one bedroom. They take mid week. I let Seaside handle he PHX crowd. I have been busy most of the year. When we get back from the month in Oregon , I need to come down and do some work. The grounds at Bella look good and we do not seem to be crowded or loud and noisy on weekends. We stayed at Princessa for a week last summer and I thought management did a great job of noise control. It was crowded but by 10 it was quiet.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Esmeralda project on Sandy Beach?. "Be the first and cruise ship port due next year". Can not believe there are more prospects fools still around to buy into that pitch. It's on 1510 AM every day now. Pretty crazy claims and inviting "smart investors" to be " in" and be offered first rights to MORE investment. Mo Money$ Turn key investments. Buy before units exists for easy money$.
Yep, that's the exact spiel that raised the hair on the back of my neck when I heard it. KFYI never responded to me. How these shysters can operate like this openly on public airwaves is beyond me. Buyer beware and all that, but this shit is ridiculous.

Swindlers all........

Every individual involved from the scoundrel who dreamed up the fraud all the way down to the lowest employee of KFYI should be held accountable and suffer the consequences.......like JAIL TIME!

It's just human nature, most can control the greed, others might have second thoughts when considering the consequences of being caught, while those involved in the scam discussed in this thread seem to believe they are above the law.

That radio station is knowingly advertising and actively involved in the fraud, they most likely get a kickback when a sale is made on top of their fee for the advertising.

JJ

Estella

Back to the topic. Yes I hear it also here in Phoenix every day on AM-550. Only one true statements this scammer made is: ' "no one" understands how real estate works in Mexico'. Fact is it does not work.

Learn How to Earn Net 15% Annual Return by Investing in Rocky Point
In 2014 I purchased my first unit in Rocky Point Mexico. Prior to purchasing the unit I had performed extensive due diligence and determined that virtually “no one” understands how real estate works in Mexico. Based on this revelation, I decided to investigate further. In 2015 I opened up an office in Rocky Point and purchased another off market investment. Now I have a team of professionals in Rocky Point so that we can take advantage of the tremendous growth that Rocky Point will experience in the next 10 years.

Landshark

Back to the topic. Yes I hear it also here in Phoenix every day on AM-550. Only one true statements this scammer made is: ' "no one" understands how real estate works in Mexico'. Fact is it does not work.
With all due respect, why do you post on a RP forum if you have nothing good to say about it?