Anyone worried about Jimena?

Key lines from latest discussion on weather.com

Impacts from Jimena will be felt along mainland Mexico as well. Dangerous rip currents, large and battering waves and heavy, flooding rainfall are expected.

The waves and rip currents are occurring from Manzanillo northward, while the heaviest rain should fall from Mazatlan north.

As we get closer to Friday, expect more mentions of our coast further up north. Just too unpredictable now, especially since Jimena is currently going through an eyewall replacement cycle.

I plan on leaving Tucson friday morning and riding out the storm at our house in Las Conchas. Any thoughts on the power grid? How has it weathered in the past during big storms and how quickly do you think they can repair downed lines?
during NORA they shut the power down before it hit to try to minimalize any problems from downed powerlines... and as I recall the power wasn't down for vey long...

Looks like Jimena can't make up her mind....just like a female!!! Oh...I may get slapped around a bit...

The 5pm(ET) Forecast Models

jerry

I'm going to be pissed if she makes me go all the way down there and then she doesn't wreck my house!

K

KandyLight

Weather.com shows winds 8-11 mph and temps 88-95 Farenheit from Thursday through Tuesday! As my friend Valerie would say, "That's not enough to make the sand stick to your lipstick!" Unless something else changes that forecast we will not change our plans to be there.

Terry C

That does not include what Jimena could do come Saturday. Just keep checking here as a lot of people are watching it for everyone....

A

azbeachboy

LOL, Kandy! I was talking to Valerie as I read the post. I'll see you Friday night.

A

azbeachboy

Inka,
I'll pick Valerie up from school around 3:30. So we'll be in just after it's gets dark. I'm bringing a staircase down for my patio. The thing takes up almost my whole truck bed. I hope I don't get the red light. My Mom will be at PDO.