Anyone worried about Jimena?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
No I just talked to her and she is fine......really, she is my neighbor!

As far as the hurricane goes, I think it is moving west our further into sea. It will no doubt give us some waves and winds I am confident

Wooo Hoooo another huricane party... I was here for Nora and we weathered the storm that time... lots of uprooted trees... not much structural damage one or two OK maybe a dozen of rooftops were blown off... we were lucky to be in a moon phase that didn't cause the massive tides we all know Penasco can get... high tides would have created much more damage then we received at the Malecon...

as Alfred E. Newman once said "What me worry?"

P

Penasco Pirate

How is she going to affect the snorkeling for Labor Day weekend?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
this what they are saying about Jimena:
"...JIMENA IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST NEAR 9 MPH…15 KM/HR…AND A GRADUAL TURN TOWARD THE NORTH-NORTHWEST IS EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS..."

So, it seems that might cause minor waves and winds, nothing that trikes with fat tires can not take, or stop a bunch of guys for having a fun time!!! IMHO

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yea, I was there for Nora, too. We lost a 2 foot square section of the roll up blind that we used to staple to the sundeck poles to make a Mexico room that was up at the top right underneath the deck. It was the corner that wasn't protected by another trailer around us. We were lucky, being right on the beach in the Mirador. A few other trailers in Miramar were knocked off foundation, patios ripped off, arcadia doors blown in and one was destroyed by wind, water and a cave in. The storn was cool, tho.

I was also there for hurricane Eduardo in '76. I weathered that storm out in the Villa Granada, dancing. That was a good storm, too! I had to wait an extra day to drive home as all the washes were full by Why and the road was closed. My life in Mexico is never boring!

Nora was cool we drove around and went to Las Conchas to see the roof blow off the old dive house... just glad we weren't in it then... it had big windows all around the pool and just about all of them were shattered and into the pool... last I heard the pool is now full of sand and it's a volleyball court now....

ernesto

Definitely going to mess with the weather. Big waves and more humidity. I was down last weekend. MIserable and alot of mosqitoes. As hot as I've ever seen it ,100 degrees at the beach and 113 in Sonoyta on Friday.Mountains for me until the summer heat is gone.

This morning's update....

And the computer models....a couple have it hitting right in the Penasco area.....by then it should have died down considerably....but the water will be churned up.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Yea, I was there for Nora, too. We lost a 2 foot square section of the roll up blind that we used to staple to the sundeck poles to make a Mexico room that was up at the top right underneath the deck. It was the corner that wasn't protected by another trailer around us. We were lucky, being right on the beach in the Mirador. A few other trailers in Miramar were knocked off foundation, patios ripped off, arcadia doors blown in and one was destroyed by wind, water and a cave in. The storn was cool, tho.

I was also there for hurricane Eduardo in '76. I weathered that storm out in the Villa Granada, dancing. That was a good storm, too! I had to wait an extra day to drive home as all the washes were full by Why and the road was closed. My life in Mexico is never boring!
Did you see my postcard of the Villa Granada? It's an old one. That's where we stayed before our house was even started, much less finished in about 1974! Wonder if we have crossed paths?? The pics are on my main page....

joester

2 salty dawgs
see y'all for Thanksgiving - high country and tall pines for us on weekends in Az, and trips to SF and NOLA for some entertainment Sept-Oct.
life is great :)

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I don't know, MYT. What main page, your facebook page? I'll PM ya when I get home from work and we can see if we know each other.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
What cool pics! Brings back the memories. Guess you know what I'll be doing tonight...looking for all my old pics and getting them together for scanning.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Well... I'm not worried because I'm not foolish enough to be out there (on the water). I've never seen a Buoyweather prediction quite like this, though. 8-11 ft. waves predicted all this week, with up to 12-19 ft. on Sunday!! This is predicted about 10 miles + out, although I'm sure it will still be plenty rough inshore.

Attachments

Last edited:
Well... I'm not worried because I'm not foolish enough to be out there (on the water). I've never seen a Buoyweather prediction quite like this, though. 8-11 ft. waves predicted all this week, with up to 12-19 ft. on Sunday!! This is predicted about 10 miles + out, although I'm sure it will still be plenty rough inshore.
Stuart it's not just dangerous being out on the water but the problem could be the high tides that will be in effect at the time...

during NORA we had low tides, a week later the tides were high and a freak wind came up and caused a lot of destruction on the Malecon... high tides and big waves could cause the slips in port to come off the pilons and this would be a serious problem for the boats in them...

back during NORA we sat on a 2 million dollar yacht with our knives in hand just incase waves got to big in port we were going out to sea... didn't happen so we just partied and enjoyed the storm...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh, I could tell you stories! Drinking Grasshoppers and dancing......At 15. I'm sure we were in there at the same time. I'll dig up my old pics.
Memories........