August in Peñasco, are there any people there?

jerry

How often are you there?

My house in Las Conchas is in "Tarifa 1E." For our 4/Jul/12 - 3/Ago/12 billing period we used 788 KWh. The cost was $609 pesos based on:
300 KWh @ $0.549 = $164.70
450 KWh @ $0.698 = $314.10
38 KWh @ $0.900 = $34.2

+ taxes and base charge. Total came to $616.81. I guess the 8 peso reduction to the billing amount was the "apoyo" but it isn't stated on the bill.

The rates in the winter were higher. My 2/Nov/11 - 1/Dic/11 bill for 349 KWh was $705 pesos:
75 KWh @ $0.731
125 KWh @ $1.225
149 KWh @ $2.585

No, I don't know why I generally get monthly bills, when most folks get bi-monthly bills.

FWIW, Austin, TX also charges a higher rate based on higher usage -- and no "apoyo."

Kea

We get to Peñasco about 3 times per year. But since it's 1200 miles (one way) we try to stay for 3-4 weeks at a time.

playaperro

El Pirata
We are 2400 square feet 2 stories 10 foot ceilings all around, 5 entrance doors 12 windows - so your bathroom must be huge! That would handle a lot of crap!
So my measurements were off a little anyone can make a mistake...I just wanted to say you need 1 ton for every 350 sq. ft.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
So my measurements were off a little anyone can make a mistake...I just wanted to say you need 1 ton for every 350 sq. ft.
To do what? Over cool your house? Give more money to CFE? Our house is comfortable and the a/cs are not over cycling and our energy use is low....I used to be a contractor so I understand the square foot price thing. I think I will go with what I know not on any sales job

playaperro

El Pirata
To do what? Over cool your house? Give more money to CFE? Our house is comfortable and the a/cs are not over cycling and our energy use is low....I used to be a contractor so I understand the square foot price thing. I think I will go with what I know not on any sales job
I guess that's why you used to be a contractor!

Does anyone have those automatic a/c kill switches on doors that shut a/c or heat off when doors or windows are left open? And if so, how have they been? I have seen them advertised in rp times.

garyd

Does anyone have those automatic a/c kill switches on doors that shut a/c or heat off when doors or windows are left open? And if so, how have they been? I have seen them advertised in rp times.
I have them on my rental and they are great. If you leave the door or window open for 60 seconds or so it shuts off the a/c unit. Signs on the doors etc. so people know to close the doors

az-dan

They work great. I had Kelpic install mine almost 3 years ago. They also maintain my air-conditioner system. Sonoran Sea 3 bedroom.

Edward Kassel, Pres.
Kelp, Inc.& ConServPro.MX
Direct 920.268.1588
Cell 920.284.2766
Main 602.288.8380 x101
Fax 920.243.0154
KelpInc - Energy Saving | Home

Nic took care of my a/c units when he worked for Kelp. I have continued with him at his new company. He is hard working and honest. Can't recommend him highly enough.

Estero

No, Nic is with Oceanside AC...the link Roberto posted. Here is a pic of an August Sunset on Sunday evening the 12th.

Rocky Point Sunset 8_12_2012.jpg

When he was with Kelp it was primarily maintenance as others have mentioned. There was a regulator replaced once and the charge for the part and labor was around $70. Recently he had to replace a fan on one of my units. The fan was less than $100 and the labor was around $75. There was a follow up issue and he had to return. He took care of it with no further charge. He has my confidence and trust.

It looks like we've all turned into wusses!! Used to camp...yes...camp...at Playa Bonita for a week at a time during June, July, and August...with no air conditioning...the only "cooling" was to sit (or lie down) in the shade up by the office midday (even take a siesta on the benches), and get that cool breeze blasting thru there....we'd hose down, spread our arms out and get "evaporative cooling"! I'd have my chevy van parked with the big sliding door facing the water...with the back doors open...also getting that breeze blowing thru....