Back to School...

It's that time already.... The "Back to School" ads are in the papers and on TV... one of our shoppers (Art Sloane) has been out buying sale items for us and I have been told by a couple of kind ladies here on the forum (Ladyjeeper & fatboyharley) that they have been out doing some shopping for school supplies as well, and asked if I would post what is needed by the schools...

We are always looking for the Basics like... Spiral Notebooks, Pencils, Colored Pencils, Pencil Sharpeners, Erasers, Crayons, Construction Paper, Rulers, Sizzors and Glue Sticks...

Other Items needed for La Montana School for Special Needs Children... Big Piece Jigsaw Puzzles, Flash Cards, Crafting Projects and Learning Tools to help develope motor skills...

Some good news... the city of Penasco is said to be buying school uniforms for all the children for the upcoming season, so that should negate that rule that children can not attend classes if they do not have the proper uniform... (just hope they provide more than one uniform per child)

Also if anyone comes across any smoking deals on a large or bulk quanity of any of the forementioned school supplies please contact me...

Thank You :thumbsup:
Adopt-A-Classroom of Rocky Point the fight against poverty begins with education...

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Mark, I'm assuming the uniforms will still be the same...........I'm sure they can still use all the white polo shirts they can get.

Mark, I'm assuming the uniforms will still be the same...........I'm sure they can still use all the white polo shirts they can get.
Yes Julie, they will be the same white polos... we intend to keep on buying them as I said earlier I hope the get more than one... how long can a child keep a white shirt white???

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Just an idea....anybody that sees some killer buys for school supplies....please post the info...so that the rest can run over and get them...without running all over town looking.

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
About 4 years ago, the wife and I went down and our kids left a bunch or Happy Meal toys and assorted items they obviously didn't seem to care about in the truck. The kids we ran into that year were so excited for what we gave them and it made us want to bring thing to them again. We have often thought of bringing items for donation every time we come down.... but since we are so consumed with our own vacation plans, we forget.
This post has reminded me to not forget. Where would I drop off such items as the school supplies or any other items while I am in RP next week?

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Mark We have a box set up in our office and we will have some donations coming down next time we head that way or someone from the office heads that way.

About 4 years ago, the wife and I went down and our kids left a bunch or Happy Meal toys and assorted items they obviously didn't seem to care about in the truck. The kids we ran into that year were so excited for what we gave them and it made us want to bring thing to them again. We have often thought of bringing items for donation every time we come down.... but since we are so consumed with our own vacation plans, we forget.
This post has reminded me to not forget. Where would I drop off such items as the school supplies or any other items while I am in RP next week?
tequilatodd I sent you a private message with our info and also other suggestions of where to drop off school supplies... Thanks for Helping the Children of Rocky Point...

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Hey everyone,
I just came from Walmart and they have some good deals on school supplies (at least the one in east Tucson does). 1 subject notebooks (70 ct.)....15 cents each, Elmers glue...25 cents each, Elmers glue sticks (2 ct.)...25 cents each, Crayola Crayons, (24 ct.)...25 cents each, plus a whole lot more that I didn't get a chance to check out. They had a boat load of the notebooks, but everyone was grabbing them like they were going out of style..........I was lucky I got two cases!! Walgreens also has some good coupons this week..........

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Hey everyone,
I just came from Walmart and they have some good deals on school supplies (at least the one in east Tucson does). 1 subject notebooks (70 ct.)....15 cents each, Elmers glue...25 cents each, Elmers glue sticks (2 ct.)...25 cents each, Crayola Crayons, (24 ct.)...25 cents each, plus a whole lot more that I didn't get a chance to check out. They had a boat load of the notebooks, but everyone was grabbing them like they were going out of style..........I was lucky I got two cases!! Walgreens also has some good coupons this week..........
Great job Julie....just got back from Walmart....their sale must have started today....plenty of school supplies....dirt cheap! Mark...you've got 2 more cases of notebooks heading your way when I come down.

For the price of 3 beers (Penasco), you can get 50 spiral notebooks!!!! They had both college ruled and wide ruled!

So folks...get some good karma, and get your butts to Walmart tonight!!! (regardless of what you may think of Walmart....)

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Just saw the Fry's supermarket ad....they have a few of the items Julie mentioned for the same prices as Walmart....

beachgirl

Well Known Member
That's funny Joe, I didn't look at it like that. But you're right.............$7.50 for a case of notebooks or 3 cerveza's at your favorite watering hole!!!

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Whoops, sorry about that..............hangin' around Chari too much:lol: Just kiddin' girl!! Yes, it's two cases!!