Big Wind Sale

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Need I say more? Looks like the same crappy wind all week, Thurs. MAYBE decent... Sat. looking 15-20. <sigh>

Anybody wanna buy a boat?

Big-Wind-Sale.jpg

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Need I say more? Looks like the same crappy wind all week, Thurs. MAYBE decent... Sat. looking 15-20. <sigh>

Anybody wanna buy a boat?

View attachment 6175

This goes back to my question from the second week of May, is this wind we are seeing unprecedented? It just seems to me that I've never seen it this consistently windy. Sure April is always windy and I know it is the windy-est month on record in Phoenix but after June and it's still blowing like this????????? There were always the 2 or 3 days of wind with a break in between. Now it just seems like even the days when its possible to go out it's still somewhat windy. A calm day now is still 8mph. Where did the days go of absolutely no wind? Climate Change much....

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Agree- June and July are both typically pretty windy.

In August and September the wind will be replaced by steam rising off the ocean surface.

jerry

Windy again with no letup in sight.Tough to get the kayaks out,you end up swimming in churned up sand and seaweed....I am going to complain to the management!

CJ*

It has been windy EVER SINCE FEBRUARY. I can't remember a year this windy - ever!

GV Jack

Snorin God
Speaking of wind, we in Green Valley, just had quite a mid-day monsoon storm. It hit about 1:00 whereas lately most storms have hit in the early evening or at night.
The lightning was ,2 miles from our place and there were humongous winds and downpours. Hope it hits all those spots that are burning. We had to
have over an inch of rain which is sorely needed. The temperature dropped from 99 to 73.

Dadratted thing woke me up from my pre-nap nap.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Speaking of wind, we in Green Valley, just had quite a mid-day monsoon storm. It hit about 1:00 whereas lately most storms have hit in the early evening or at night.
The lightning was ,2 miles from our place and there were humongous winds and downpours. Hope it hits all those spots that are burning. We had to
have over an inch of rain which is sorely needed. The temperature dropped from 99 to 73.

Dadratted thing woke me up from my pre-nap nap.
Jack be needin' his nap!!!! Hahahaha!! Trust me, we have some "George Costanza" days (as we call them at work) where you just want to crawl under your desk and take an hour nap!! :puff:

mondone

Whitecaps
I must say the wind is fantastic down here the past 2 days. The cool breeze off the ocean on Playa Encanto is making it a pleasure to be here this time of year.

Wid is good... for somethings

This goes back to my question from the second week of May, is this wind we are seeing unprecedented? It just seems to me that I've never seen it this consistently windy. Sure April is always windy and I know it is the windy-est month on record in Phoenix but after June and it's still blowing like this????????? There were always the 2 or 3 days of wind with a break in between. Now it just seems like even the days when its possible to go out it's still somewhat windy. A calm day now is still 8mph. Where did the days go of absolutely no wind? Climate Change much....
On the other hand, 8-15 MPH winds are great for skydiving! At that wind speed your air speed relative to the ground is near zero and makes for nice soft landings. I may take up jumping again as an additional hobby for when the seas are choppy or the fish are finicky.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Windy? On my photo of the week tomorrow I will show you a pic of somebody surfing just off shore in Las Conchas Friday. What???? you aren't signed up to get my photo of the week??????Sign up form

mis2810

The wind is the only thing that's keeping me from feeling so bad that I haven't been able to spend as much time down there this year as last year.

JoseAz

It was beautiful today! Calm sea, breezy enough to offset the humidity. Sunset was delightful on the patio.
I didn't trust the calm Saturday so didn't haul all my gear to the beach. Its too much work for just one afternoon.
We could have had 2 really nice days over the reefs at Las Conchas :-(

CJ*

this morning is beautiful. calm, no wind. would be a good day to launch a boat. i think Ralphie G is heading out!