Boat for Sale $5,000

Roberto

41 Ft ketch, reported to be in very nice condition, in the harbor, described as livable. I'm tempted but not.... How about your own condo on the water? Travis McGee of Puerto Penasco !! I'll get the info if someone is serious. Kenny???

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Maybe if one of the sister's were...
Hey, Linda! Let's buy it and then hire someone to take care of it for us when we are not there, and then they can sue us for possession of it the minute we turn our backs! Oh, wait, been there....darn, it sounds so fun!

yes you can... I had a friend that lived on comfortably on a 28 footer... but it's not cheap... you still have to pay slip rent, power and water... possibly dock maintenance fees... etc... etc... etc... but it would be fun to take your house out for a ride...

Hey, Linda! Let's buy it and then hire someone to take care of it for us when we are not there, and then they can sue us for possession of it the minute we turn our backs! Oh, wait, been there....darn, it sounds so fun!
If it's the boat that I saw in the harbor, you might get "lucky" and that person will take it out, it will sink, and he'll drown! :twisted::twisted:

yes you can... I had a friend that lived on comfortably on a 28 footer... but it's not cheap... you still have to pay slip rent, power and water... possibly dock maintenance fees... etc... etc... etc... but it would be fun to take your house out for a ride...
The slip fees in Penasco are outrageous...I had checked into them about a year ago, when I was seriously thinking of picking up a sailboat....they're more expensive then up here at Lake Pleasant, which s hgihway robbery! Definitely more expensive then even CA.

Roberto

What's a ketch?
there is no catch, err...I mean yes it's a ketch, a two masted monohull sailing vessel with the front mast shorter than the rear. This was described to me by a friend who viewed it and he said it is in very good condition but covered with brid droppings right now. 41 ft is pretty big. The fees couldn't be much more than some of the condo fees !!!!

I saw it yesterday and it looks great other than it resembles bird island with the amount of birdie doodoo on it... but the boat looks to be in good shape... hard to believe it would sell for only $5000.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The slip fees in Penasco are outrageous...
Indeed they are, which is why I've always been an advocate of the new marina. When you are the only game in town, you can charge whatever you want and people will pay it. Why do you think Pleasant Harbor fought so long and hard against Scorpion Bay at Lake Pleasant?

Even launching is expensive in Penasco. I used to launch and recover at the public harbor for $25, which I didn't mind. That's when I had my smaller 23' boat. When I got my 29' ProKat, the price immediately went up. Not so much because it was any different to launch or recover, but it was a bigger boat and the perception by the launchers was that I could afford to pay more.

I started launching at Safe Marine at that point. Launch and recovery with a quick engine flush is nearly $50 (five of that being to park your truck there while you go out fishing). Slips are $20-$30 a night, although I'm sure there is some discount for long-term slip rental. I asked about storing my boat there, but it is expensive - they charge by the foot for storage (total length of boat on the trailer). If I remember correctly, it would of cost me about $160 a month to keep my boat there. Instead, I store it over at Whale Hill for a flat $40 a month.

The long and short of it? Boating is expensive! The bigger the boat, the more expensive it gets all the way around. Someday, if and when I ever hit the lottery, it won't matter. In the meantime as a working stiff in a down economy, every penny counts. I haven't been making nearly as many trips as I did a year ago.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Hard to believe it would sell for only $5000.
Not really. They probably just want out from under it. Speaking of under it, take a dive by it and see what the bottom looks like. Probably full of barnacles and growth if it's been sitting for awhile.

As I said on this subject in a previous thread - that $5000 is only a small drop in the bucket compared to what it'll cost you to slip, maintain, and operate it on a regular basis.

Still, if you had the luxury of both time and money, it would be a cheap way to sail about and explore the Sea of Cortez for a few months or a year. You could probably sell it for $5000 to someone else after you were done using it.

take a dive by it and see what the bottom looks like. Probably full of barnacles and growth if it's been sitting for awhile.
:lol: one place I won't dive is over near those slips... who knows what evil lurks in the depths or for that matter even on the surface of the water over there... not enough water movement... but a hell of a lot of chemicals, fuels and poop...

I agree with you on the looks of the bottom... you could probably lead small eco-tours to look at the reef growing on the bottom of it...

I heard a little more info on this boat... it has a bank lean on it for $18,000.00 the $5,000.00 is just what is owed for the slip... wonder if the bank would even want to go through the hassle to recover their money....

Roberto

I heard a little more info on this boat... it has a bank lean on it for $18,000.00 the $5,000.00 is just what is owed for the slip... wonder if the bank would even want to go through the hassle to recover their money....
Is that reliable information about the $18K lein?

I wonder if it's a US bank...and they have a "finder's fee" for locating their collateral??? ;):evil: