Bodies Found

audsley

Well Known Member
Just to put things in perspective, Mexico ranks 22nd in the world for homicide rates at 21.5 per 100,000 population. The US ranks 111th with a rate of 4.7 per 100K. Just sayin'...

I agree with Petros. If 42 bodies were dug up in Ft. Lauderdale, the entire US would know it. And we might even find out who was behind it.

Say what you want about Chicago, but I've never known Chicago to put on a show like they saw in Culiacan the other day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/mexicos-culiacan-tries-to-regroup-after-fierce-gunbattles/2019/10/28/22bd793e-f93d-11e9-9e02-1d45cb3dfa8f_story.html

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
There are 2 sides to the Mexico violence "argument" that can both be true at the same time:
(A) certain types of shocking events such as mass graves/assassination of public officials/etc are unthinkable to the average US observer and are symbolic of sickening levels of corruption and impunity in Mexico
(B) 99% of the victims in these shocking events were involved in the drug trade in one way or another (either participating in it or fighting against it) and thus the potential risk to the average guy walking down the Malecon with a beer is almost invisibly low.
As I said, it is possible (and I think likely) that both (A) and (B) are true at the same time.

audsley

Well Known Member
I agree that A and B are both generally true, which is why I still go to Mexico. But I don't like hearing the US is just as dangerous because that simply isn't true. One rule applies in both countries. If you live a high risk lifestyle (drug dealing, gang membership, etc.), you're far, far more likely to be killed than if you have a more conventional lifestyle. In Mexico and other Latin American countries, criminal gangs have become so entrenched and pervasive that far more people are living that lifestyle even though many probably didn't choose it. I've read that many Mexicans feel their government leans too heavily on victims' involvement in illegal activities as an excuse for rampant murder. Mexico needs to complete re-tool its criminal justice system from the courts through the police and into the prisons. Most Latin American countries have about a 98% "impunity rate" meaning that for every serious crime (murder, rape, armed robbery and assault) reported, 98% don't result in anyone being punished. Mexico is no exception. Simply put, they haven't caught and locked enough of the bad guys. Instead the bad guys remain out there running around free and the poison just spreads.

Meanwhile, in this country a criminal justice "reform" movement is trying to convince us we have too many people locked up and that's unfair, inhumane and expensive. Bleeding heart Democrats are pushing it and tightwad Republicans who never saw a public expenditure they wouldn't like to cut are getting on board. Pretty soon we'll have more sh*tbirds on our streets too.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Many of the bodies here in the USA are dumped into commercial trash bins out of convenience.
At the collection stations hubs in Phx and other cities bodies are found regularly.
Talk to some of the workers at them, they have many stories to tell.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Good job Russ! You were able to dehumanize the people found dead without a thought, and then throw in a little commercial as a kicker. Bravo.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Good job Russ! You were able to dehumanize the people found dead without a thought, and then throw in a little commercial as a kicker. Bravo.
just sharing the local sentiment not my post just a share but hey at least you got to call me out on it.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Instead the bad guys remain out there running around free and the poison just spreads.

Meanwhile, in this country a criminal justice "reform" movement is trying to convince us we have too many people locked up and that's unfair, inhumane and expensive. Bleeding heart Democrats are pushing it and tightwad Republicans who never saw a public expenditure they wouldn't like to cut are getting on board. Pretty soon we'll have more sh*tbirds on our streets too.
So true. I has already spread to the highest office in the land when you have a sh*t bird in the Whitehouse modeling and defending being immoral and a crook.
It's not just that locking up too many people is unfair, it's stupid. The US needs to spend less energy on punitive measures of all kinds and start realistic preventative measures.

Kenny

Well Known Member
wow just wow! talk about an ugly post...When have I attacked you?
What? You say you have no recollection of that rant post with your name on it that was deleted, so it must have been someone else. Or do you remember it now? Can't have it both ways you know.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
So true. I has already spread to the highest office in the land when you have a sh*t bird in the Whitehouse modeling and defending being immoral and a crook.
It's not just that locking up too many people is unfair, it's stupid. The US needs to spend less energy on punitive measures of all kinds and start realistic preventative measures.
Except for violent crime. Violent criminals need to be removed from society if not from life.

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
Yeah right....the house dems can't even agree on what bathroom to use. Realistic preventative measures seems like a bit of a stretch.

Maduro steve

Well Known Member
Hey Kenny , have you been to San Francisco lately and Chicago both run by your lib friends ?? . The body count of the homeless in l. A. is piling up also lib run , I could go on and on but I think you get the point .