BoomerFest Update

mondone

Whitecaps
Im sure that these bands have contracts to play at Boomerfest. But what happens when they show up,and this festival is no where close to what was promoted? These bands are only going to perform if they get paid by the promoter before the go on stage...and I seriously doubt this promoter is going to have enough money from the ticket sales to pay these guys.

Here is my prediction on what Boomerfest is going to look like. There is going to be a hastily set up stage and viewing area. The "Wine and Food" festival is going to be a few taco stands and a Tecate tent. There is not gonna be any new camping, roads or RV spots and parking to going to be a free for all for the 500- 1000 people that is going to show. The bands are going to arrive and see that the festival is not what was promised and that the promoter is no where to be found with their money. Most of the acts are going to split, but I betting Roger Clyne is going to perform to prevent a riot.

I hope I'm wrong and this thing happens as planned and that 1000's and 1000's show up. But I'm not betting on that.
Sorry but somehow I think Roger Clyne showing up to this bamboozle will hardly prevent a riot. Ticket prices don't justify seeing RCPM as a headliner, or even an opening act for that matter.

playaperro

El Pirata
Im sure that these bands have contracts to play at Boomerfest. But what happens when they show up,and this festival is no where close to what was promoted? These bands are only going to perform if they get paid by the promoter before the go on stage...and I seriously doubt this promoter is going to have enough money from the ticket sales to pay these guys.

Here is my prediction on what Boomerfest is going to look like. There is going to be a hastily set up stage and viewing area. The "Wine and Food" festival is going to be a few taco stands and a Tecate tent. There is not gonna be any new camping, roads or RV spots and parking to going to be a free for all for the 500- 1000 people that is going to show. The bands are going to arrive and see that the festival is not what was promised and that the promoter is no where to be found with their money. Most of the acts are going to split, but I betting Roger Clyne is going to perform to prevent a riot.

I hope I'm wrong and this thing happens as planned and that 1000's and 1000's show up. But I'm not betting on that.
This coming from a typical Las Conchas snob, your sure went overboard for thunder on the beach, Go back to eating your shark fin soup, I don't know how you can off on that.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
the 'holds' on hotels for the boomerfest event are starting to be removed. Wonder if this thing will be postponed again.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I find it telling that on the busiest online forum for rocky point, we have zero contributions from organizers of this event. That in itself should say a lot about the event. I hope that people did not put money down on this thing. I also hope the city and hotel industry tells the organizer to move on elsewhere.

mondone

Whitecaps
I find it telling that on the busiest online forum for rocky point, we have zero contributions from organizers of this event. That in itself should say a lot about the event. I hope that people did not put money down on this thing. I also hope the city and hotel industry tells the organizer to move on elsewhere.
yeah, like Santo Tomas.....:p

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
They didn't pick and post a "Free Love" ticket winner for yesterday. Somebody must be slacking at BoomerFestDays. com

This coming from a typical Las Conchas snob, your sure went overboard for thunder on the beach, Go back to eating your shark fin soup, I don't know how you can off on that.
A "snob"....*ZING*....boy you got me there!!! I better go run and hide from your witty banter.

What do yo mean "overboard for the Thunder on the Beach"? Are you talking about sprint car race I was critical about when they were promoting 100 race cars are going to show up and less then 10 actually did? And shark fin soup, which for the record is a disgusting practice which is destroying shark populations world wide. Are you seriously going back and searching all my past posts so that you can have a come back??? That's pretty sad and pathetic that you have some much time on your hand.

The fact of the matter is, Boomerfest has all makings of a disaster that will only give another black eye to Rocky Point. So I'm curious why you keep posting childish attacks against people critical of this event? You bring nothing to the table to prove us wrong with our observations. At best this festival, if it actually happens, is going to be no where near what it is being billed at. And at worst, its a scam, that is going to leave ticket holders and people in Rocky Point holding the bag.

playaperro

El Pirata
A "snob"....*ZING*....boy you got me there!!! I better go run and hide from your witty banter.

What do yo mean "overboard for the Thunder on the Beach"? Are you talking about sprint car race I was critical about when they were promoting 100 race cars are going to show up and less then 10 actually did? And shark fin soup, which for the record is a disgusting practice which is destroying shark populations world wide. Are you seriously going back and searching all my past posts so that you can have a come back??? That's pretty sad and pathetic that you have some much time on your hand.

The fact of the matter is, Boomerfest has all makings of a disaster that will only give another black eye to Rocky Point. So I'm curious why you keep posting childish attacks against people critical of this event? You bring nothing to the table to prove us wrong with our observations. At best this festival, if it actually happens, is going to be no where near what it is being billed at. And at worst, its a scam, that is going to leave ticket holders and people in Rocky Point holding the bag.
So I poke the misfits, no big deal to me, I'm entitled to my say, same as you, oh btw i didn't go back and read your posts or i would of know you didn't go overboard on the thunder, you just never forget who eats fin soup!

One person on this thread has mentioned that they know of someone that actually bought tickets (if there are others I missed it - sorry) - is there anyone here that has actually bought tickets themselves? I was reading the terms of sale and it states "no refunds." I wonder if you bought tickets say 10 days before the concert on a credit card could you dispute if it doesn't happen? Tickets are so high I couldn't just buy them and hope that it happens.