Brandon Webb in RP

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
Spotted Former AZ Diamondbacks pitcher Brandon Webb in La Curva on Friday night. Doubt anyone knew who he was but me and my brother. Shame what happened to his arm which just recently forced him into retirement.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Spotted Former AZ Diamondbacks pitcher Brandon Webb in La Curva on Friday night. Doubt anyone knew who he was but me and my brother. Shame what happened to his arm which just recently forced him into retirement.

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR F#$K that guy! Season ticket holder since day ONE. DBACKS4LIFE It is a shame what happened to him but it is also a shame that the DBACKS PAID him the powerball druing the offseason, Opening day BOOM OUTA HERE TOMMY JOHN SURGERY, DBACKS Wait a whole nother year for him to pitch one inning before being taken out of the game, BOOM NEVER PITCHED AGAIN. Then, to show his love for AZ and the DBACKS, he goes to Texas after his rehab and THANK GOD never pitched again and retired! If he would have been able to pitch another 5 years and been as good as he was when he was on the DBACKS I would be even more angry than I am right now!. I'm surprised he's in Rocky Point, I'm pretty sure he's from Kentucky. If you pay someone the POWERBALL and they never pitch again for you dont you think you should get that money back?! This is an epic sports trend here in PHX, pay guys to not perform and then leave the city! TERRIBLE

BTW I used to love Brandon Webb. After he left though and the DBacks got nothing in return it left a sour taste in my mouth. I hope he enjoys his time in Rocky Point though and continues to come back. Hell, he might even be a member of the forum....

ben21

Well Known Member
Calm down Joe... If you were offered millions more to go to Texas for a season, you would too. Gotta do what's right for your family. I've met Brandon and his family before and they are really nice, humble people. He pitched lights out for the Dbacks for 6 seasons until his shoulder let him down. Dbacks didn't want to deal with the injury anymore and Texas gave him a fresh start. That's sports for you, don't get so offended.

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
ya he pissed me off with how he handled his situation of not wanting to throw and test his arm while he rode the bench and collected millions. Dude was the only bright spot of our team for a few years.....

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Calm down Joe... If you were offered millions more to go to Texas for a season, you would too. Gotta do what's right for your family. I've met Brandon and his family before and they are really nice, humble people. He pitched lights out for the Dbacks for 6 seasons until his shoulder let him down. Dbacks didn't want to deal with the injury anymore and Texas gave him a fresh start. That's sports for you, don't get so offended.

Yes, in a nutshell that's what happened. I don't mind him getting money from Texas, it's how he left the DBacks that is the issue. You're obviously not an avid DBacks fan, pry a transplant from the midwest, who's your team, the Cardinals? You're obviously not an avid AZ sports fan, this is a disease that the town can't get rid of and is currently eating the PHX Suns. I'm sure B Webb is a first class citizen who is a caring father and husband, I don't care about any of that.

rplarry

Well Known Member
Yes, in a nutshell that's what happened. I don't mind him getting money from Texas, it's how he left the DBacks that is the issue. You're obviously not an avid DBacks fan, pry a transplant from the midwest, who's your team, the Cardinals? You're obviously not an avid AZ sports fan, this is a disease that the town can't get rid of and is currently eating the PHX Suns. I'm sure B Webb is a first class citizen who is a caring father and husband, I don't care about any of that.
Just to clarify, what is it that is eating the Phx Suns?

mis2810

Well Known Member
It's not related solely to one team, or to one city. It's the mentality of professional athletes AND owners of teams in general.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Since when is it a bad thing to pursue more income or a better opportunity elsewhere? Some just happen to have many eyes on their choices and decisions regarding their employment. I have seen many of these contracts that athletes receive and the public does not know of countless stipulations and restrictions placed on the contract offer. For example some will stipulate that if an injury happens on a particular body part (ex. elbow), the contract will only pay a lower %. Some contracts even stipulate that if an accusation of abuse comes up (just an accusation), the team has the option to pay less or not guarantee the remainder of the contract. One team may place more restrictions and another may place less restrictions (an example of why an athlete may pick another team). Some fans may not understand the reason why their beloved player left when it appears a team did everything for them (a lot goes on behind closed doors).

Good to see a public figure in penasco. I know of several other pro athletes that have vacationed in penasco and hopefully the day will come when we see more public figures (such as a few celebrities a few months ago).

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
He and his buddies were playing cornhole at Wrecked Friday. I've never seen so many beanbags flop into the holes.

joester

2 salty dawgs
NBA has become pretty much unwatchable for me - it just doesn't interest me anymore. I'd much rather watch the PAC12 and some other college teams get ready for tournament time, which is great fun. Nothing particular about the NBA turns me off, but it's just not fun for me.
to each their own :)

juiced8

Since when is it a bad thing to pursue more income or a better opportunity elsewhere?
In modern day America thats highly frowned upon. Basically now you are encouraged to have tons of kids, live off of welfare while the super rich IE anyone who makes over 50k pays for your laziness and stupidity. Persuing a new job making good money and participating in Capitalism is not encouraged under the new messiah. You have been warned.

Kenny

Well Known Member
In modern day America thats highly frowned upon. Basically now you are encouraged to have tons of kids, live off of welfare while the super rich IE anyone who makes over 50k pays for your laziness and stupidity. Persuing a new job making good money and participating in Capitalism is not encouraged under the new messiah. You have been warned.
And now, so have you! If your going to start spewing any right wing wing nut vomit take it to rants&raves so you don't stink up the place.

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

No quieres decir $250,000. Me encanta mucho por leer tus mensajes. Descubri quien eres, debo yo decir todo el gente? O quizas quieres decir? Lo molestas que soy mas guapo de ti, mas alegra de ti, mas fuerte de ti? Es el tiempo por dices ADIOS! Pinchi perra HAPPY

Kenny

Well Known Member
No you're not, but maybe you need reading lessons "dude". How to get into rants & raves is very clearly spelled out.