Building Blocks, Home Port

When Hillberto said "I never call Puerto Penasco Rocky Point" because he didn't want to get lumped in with tourists, Russ responded that it was William Hardy in 1825 who first named the area Rocky Point. There was no need to start bashing him for that response- let's all chill out , especially during the holidays. Some people living in Penasco (can't get the tilda on my laptop) want the port, calling them names isn't going to change their feeling on that. I'm for the port if it helps people raise their standard of living, but I'm glad it's in Sandy Beach and not down by the Mayan- we can look at it from afar. I said I would never take a cruise ship, but the thought of cruising the Sea of Cortez sounds really tempting!
Just like every person has an opinion, every beach area has a problem. Dorado &Miramar both suffer with home values, proprty discrepancies, and screwed up HOA's.

jerry

"They started the name calling in this thread then act all hurt when it comes back at them."

Jerry, I didn't think Russ's comment had any name calling- just stating the facts that you can call the town Rocky Point because that's the original name.
" stinking chill out" in his words..read again and you are right sorry but....not name calling but the same attempt to stifle any bad news from the area we saw in the down playing of the Shootout and real estate fraud in past threads....again we are just talking here..I just want to know who some of these new commenters are and what they will gain from this....most likely male hairdressers planning on making a killing weaving cruise ship guests hair.

I don't think it was a really big deal.

No one should be insulted about anything that I said at all. No names were called and no sides were taken. I think that I said the situation was very complex. Anything that could help Puerto Peñasco I am all for as long as it helps the people there.I am just not as optimistic as some others might be.

No one can truly know how it will pan out. Nothing said here will make or break the deal or even affect whether or not the project comes to fruition.

Me not calling it Rocky Point is not an insult, but I will tell you when I say I am going to Rocky point up here in Mesa, not in the hills, when people hear that name nothing but bad comes into their minds. Cartels, corrupt police, shoot outs, drugs, booze and people basically acting like animals for the weekend. You have no idea how much promotion I do to get people I come into contact with to get over their fears of going down.

When I say Puerto Peñasco they say, where is that! And then I paint a very different mental picture to them than what they see on TV and read about online lumping PP in with the rest of Mexico. I instantly show them pictures on my phone that look much different than they expect.

I didn't bash or trash any ones personal opinion and my personal opinion was not out of control or unreasonable.

No one should have to be fighting over anything I wrote, or treating me as if I insulted anyone. I appreciate Puerto Peñasco more than you give me credit for and am concerned that it might not all work out as well as some others think it might, very simple.

I am trying not to really let this bother me but, I behave, respect and treat that area better than most that go down there and use it as a weekend toilet no matter how often I am there or whether or not I own property down there. The fact that someone owns down there doesn't mean that they're opinion holds more weight than anyone else that appreciates Puerto Peñasco.

This should end now, it was made a bigger deal than it should have been by far.

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
I don't think it was a really big deal.

No one should be insulted about anything that I said at all. No names were called and no sides were taken. I think that I said the situation was very complex. Anything that could help Puerto Peñasco I am all for as long as it helps the people there.I am just not as optimistic as some others might be.

No one can truly know how it will pan out. Nothing said here will make or break the deal or even affect whether or not the project comes to fruition.

Me not calling it Rocky Point is not an insult, but I will tell you when I say I am going to Rocky point up here in Mesa, not in the hills, when people hear that name nothing but bad comes into their minds. Cartels, corrupt police, shoot outs, drugs, booze and people basically acting like animals for the weekend. You have no idea how much promotion I do to get people I come into contact with to get over their fears of going down.

When I say Puerto Peñasco they say, where is that! And then I paint a very different mental picture to them than what they see on TV and read about online lumping PP in with the rest of Mexico. I instantly show them pictures on my phone that look much different than they expect.

I didn't bash or trash any ones personal opinion and my personal opinion was not out of control or unreasonable.

No one should have to be fighting over anything I wrote, or treating me as if I insulted anyone. I appreciate Puerto Peñasco more than you give me credit for and am concerned that it might not all work out as well as some others think it might, very simple.

I am trying not to really let this bother me but, I behave, respect and treat that area better than most that go down there and use it as a weekend toilet no matter how often I am there or whether or not I own property down there. The fact that someone owns down there doesn't mean that they're opinion holds more weight than anyone else that appreciates Puerto Peñasco.

This should end now, it was made a bigger deal than it should have been by far.

Again, good luck with this conversation ending . . . . I bet that you have not heard the last of some people's opinions, just saying o_O[/QUOTE]

Thinking about it a bit and think will start a thread on potential problems with Homeport and will stop peeing on Russ's wall.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't. Unless it helps you get things off your mind, then I understand. Just seems like an invitation to a Bonfire lol.

I think this thread is ruined anyways. And everyone has said what they have to say IMO.

Russ should start a new thread with no commentary just updated pictures. I am interested to see how much gets done. I will be there in 2 days and am very interested to see whats been done in the last month.

Forums huh... gotta love the emotional connections and life long friends you make! Lol.

apricot

Thinking about it a bit and think will start a thread on potential problems with Homeport and will stop peeing on Russ's wall.
I wouldn't. Unless it helps you get things off your mind, then I understand. Just seems like an invitation to a Bonfire lol.

I think this thread is ruined anyways. And everyone has said what they have to say IMO.

Russ should start a new thread with no commentary just updated pictures. I am interested to see how much gets done. I will be there in 2 days and am very interested to see whats been done in the last month.

[/QUOTE]

Good luck with a new thread with no commentary just updated pictures. Jerry can't help himself, he has to respond to anything Russ puts out there.

apricot

They started the name calling in this thread then act all hurt when it comes back at them.
You got to be kidding Jerry....you got that in reverse.....you disrespect more people on this forum than all the other contributors combined then you get all hurt and have to come back even harder. Your constant negativity is getting real old.

garyd

"They started the name calling in this thread then act all hurt when it comes back at them."

Jerry, I didn't think Russ's comment had any name calling- just stating the facts that you can call the town Rocky Point because that's the original name.
I just like to call it my second home. Someday I hope I can just call it HOME !!!

JWT

User is currently banned
PPRES.

I still don't know if Santo Tomas Jerry is female or male!

We live in PP. We love it. It ain't perfect but it's working hard in that direction.

I agree with Apricot... Jealous Jerry/JJ, as well as his/her dedicated likker from some place in Az, only visit PP as occasional tourists. We all can spot the difference between a local and a tourist !! They would have invested or rented, and live here, if things had gone differently for them. No one faults them for that. (Rike and I would live in Paris if we could afford it !) Jerry appears to have an agenda inconsistent with the welfare of PP, and seems to get stimulated by downgrading the community in which some of us are fortunate enough to live . I suggest JJ should be happy and supportive of the good fortune of others. We hope the New Year will be good to JJ so he/she can actually relocate and call PP home, rather than just a place to pass through and bash later. Bringing PP down won't improve anything for JJ....it will only make JJ bitter and a stranger when he/she can actually call PP home.

NOTE TO NEW VISITORS /TOURISTS TO THIS FORUM: look for the person posting negative nonsense here disclosing that she/he actually owns or rents here, and actually spends considerable time in PP. Legitimate posters will say PPRES.

jerry

Rocky Point was your second choice after Paris( did not know they needed timeshare sales people in Paris)....hate to see the third but look,you guys are in the real estate game and want everyone to think all is fine in Sonora.Guess what ...things are not fine.The last condo boom brought a new level of poverty to town when outside southern construction workers were brought in.After the work petered out they were stuck here.The water and electric grid and the cops are sketchy.Any American or Canadian that values any level of peace and quiet would be crazy to want a busy HomePort.The interests of a vacation home or condo owner and your type just do not line up.Why would anyone in their right mind buy a condo now until they see how this thing plays out unless it was to just fill it with renters and let the party get going 24/7....who the hell wants to live next door to a three BR condo full of drunks getting ready to jamb on a cruise ship?

jerry

You got to be kidding Jerry....you got that in reverse.....you disrespect more people on this forum than all the other contributors combined then you get all hurt and have to come back even harder. Your constant negativity is getting real old.
Sorry,in the future I will follow your example and only post positive stuff...like when you were drunk and thought about throwing a corona at a drone.You have really added to the forum by the way...Maybe you could even start a new forum for a fictional beach town ...let's call it Happy Point where it's sunny,every deal is a good deal,the gas pumps really give you a gallon of gas, shrimp scales are set the customers favor and their are no shoot outs or speed traps worth mentioning......

JWT

User is currently banned
PPRES

JJ: please clarify if you are male or female. Your photo here is ambivalent. Not that it matters.

I'm guessing our JJ is offering something for sale in Santo Tomas and is having some trouble getting any inquiries.

This JJ person is now a drive-by expert on most everything outside his sandbox. DUH !

To educate JJ: Our PP water is potable, and we have not bought other water in a couple years. I'm sure you have the same in Santo Tomas.

Our electricity has not even blinked in 2 years. I'm sure you have the same good service.

My phone and high speed internet is around 30.00 per month, and has not burped in 3 years.

It seems JJ may have not actually stopped in PP in a few years for more than a couple hours. As such, JJ likely knows nothing of which he/she bloviates. Drive by sniper, and nothing more !

JJ: educate yourself if you want credibility, or just pack it in and start a Santo Tomas blog. We all are weary of your diatribe. If you have something to offer, we look forward to hearing from you again. Otherwise...