Caborca Warning

jerry

Yesterday a friend of mine came from the Ejido near Santo Tomas to Caborca for the weekly shopping trip.On a fairly busy side street they stopped at a light and seconds later a gun was in his face and another at his daughters head. The two guys got away with a months pay(5000 pesos)..drag...hate to say it but my safe zone moves a bit closer by the month.

B

bahiatrader

We had some Mexican banddos that were going to rob us about 20 years ago until my wife told them that I was un profesor at a Mexican School. It seems that they have a high respect for teaching in Mexico. They ended up showing us where to stay and how to prevent being robbed in Mexico. It's probably different by now.

F

funkaliciousbeachball

Great point Jerry. Maybe you can wittle your safe zone down to a closet in your house if you compile enough proof that "they" are out there just waiting to murder or rob us. Do you ever relent with the axe grinding?

Kenny

Welcome to the forum funk... I looked back at your other post's, and there not funky, just groans and sarcasm. Would you like to introduce yourself?

Welcome to the forum funk... I looked back at your other post's, and there not funky, just groans and sarcasm. Would you like to introduce yourself?
Yeah Kenny...a real productive contributing poster.....

Thread: Caborca Warning

by funkaliciousbeachball
Replies 4 Views 170
Great point Jerry. Maybe you can wittle your safe...

Great point Jerry. Maybe you can wittle your safe zone down to a closet in your house if you compile enough proof that "they" are out there just waiting to murder or rob us. Do you ever relent with...​

<LI class="imodselector postbit postbitcontainer" id=post_24624>07-08-2010 09:34 AM
Thread: Highway 8 Report (July 1)

by funkaliciousbeachball

Replies 6 Views 245

Good point, Seadweller. That's why plane crashes...

Good point, Seadweller. That's why plane crashes are news and millions of safely landed flights are not news.​

<LI class="imodselector postbit postbitcontainer" id=post_17995>04-15-2010 09:39 PM
Thread: confused about customs at Mexico border

by funkaliciousbeachball

Replies 0 Views 70

confused about customs at Mexico border

Can anyone educate me on exactly what the heck the laws are about bringing stuff into Mexico that comes back out a few days later? I was lead to believe that this is "temporary Importation" that is...​

<LI class="imodselector postbit postbitcontainer" id=post_8732>09-01-2009 11:37 AM
Thread: New Rambo movie coming

by funkaliciousbeachball

Replies 1 Views 76

New Rambo movie coming

Just saw this: just terrific *groan*....:
63-year-old Sly has enlisted for another round of killing innumerable foreign villains in 'Rambo 5.' Stallone will also direct the flick, in which the...​

jerry

Great point Jerry. Maybe you can wittle your safe zone down to a closet in your house if you compile enough proof that "they" are out there just waiting to murder or rob us. Do you ever relent with the axe grinding?
Shawn too many spikes to the head? Cheer Leaders from the Rocky Point community have posted their opinions that Caborca is safe.I posted a first person report from my friend that differs with that view. You are pedaling a product (vball tourneys)to right wing Phoenix chickenshits that feel naked to go anywhere without their pistol.This creates a classic cognitive dissonance state where you need to believe things are completely safe.As a guy that travels to areas in mexico that are unsafe quite often i sort of like to tell visitors the facts about safety but encourge them to come to areas I don't worry about..

F

funkaliciousbeachball

Oooo - ouch Jerry - I think I was just cyber-chest pumped - what a brute you are. You boys are quite territorial about this forum. That's precious.
Joe - yea, my forum name m4shawn stopped functioning and went whack, so I just created a new one. No, I have not spent my hunched over the keyboard time here in quite a while, as it had all been said and was just getting rehashed. I think if you look back on some exchanges I had at my peak they were quite "contributive", if not completely agreed with by all (am I remembering my friend Seadweller corrrectly?). In any event, it's funny how much ruckus one little smarl alek observation gets from you guys; simmer down.
Jerry - I just see that you relentlessly bang the drum abut how much peril we fools are all in; it never ends. It's old. You call anyone who disagrees "pom pomers, rocky pt cheerleadres, etc" - you're pretty one note. That's what I was saying.

Kenny

"Simmer down", and "that's precious", and "cyber-chest pumped"...now that's some funky stuff right there.

F

funkaliciousbeachball

No worries Jerry - I'm not hiding. And thanks for the insult that I must be corrupt for differing in my perspective from you on how safe/unsafe a 60 mile jaunt to Penasco is because I run a volleyball tournament that I wish to be attended. I must have no family I love that accompany me, no friends.... certainly no conscience. Yea, my mind must be clouded by greed. So wise, so perceptive you are. I'm a souless Mad Max type.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerry

Not really, Shawn I just want people to tell the truth about possible trouble spots.On the real estate front many of us (right wing and left leaning) warned the Cheerleaders that this thing was out of control and a danger to potential buyers at those price levels(not to mention the water,border crossing,beach access, trailer park destruction and corruption issues) hey I don't know about you but I've got skin in this game and want things to go good in Sonora. In fact i think you guys should rent a bunch of houses and have a Tourney down in Santo Tomas!
Oooo - ouch Jerry - I think I was just cyber-chest pumped - what a brute you are. You boys are quite territorial about this forum. That's precious.
Joe - yea, my forum name m4shawn stopped functioning and went whack, so I just created a new one. No, I have not spent my hunched over the keyboard time here in quite a while, as it had all been said and was just getting rehashed. I think if you look back on some exchanges I had at my peak they were quite "contributive", if not completely agreed with by all (am I remembering my friend Seadweller corrrectly?). In any event, it's funny how much ruckus one little smarl alek observation gets from you guys; simmer down.
Jerry - I just see that you relentlessly bang the drum abut how much peril we fools are all in; it never ends. It's old. You call anyone who disagrees "pom pomers, rocky pt cheerleadres, etc" - you're pretty one note. That's what I was saying.

jerry

No worries Jerry - I'm not hiding. And thanks for the insult that I must be corrupt for differing in my perspective from you on how safe/unsafe a 60 mile jaunt to Penasco is because I run a volleyball tournament that I wish to be attended. I must have no family I love that accompany me, no friends.... certainly no conscience. Yea, my mind must be clouded by greed. So wise, so perceptive you are. I'm a souless Mad Max type.
Shawn this is fun..i love a good summer feud...sorry i got to close to the truth.We all live with the same issue.What happens if our friends come down and are hurt? It worries me, thats why i posted the Caborca story.Many people i know go to Caborca on Saturdays and i feel I should tell them that it just might be a good idea to avoid it for the time being

For the very naive poster that is very serious about life, love, service to mankind, spirituality, human rights, and well, really everything, do you Rocky Point Joe and Robert like or don't like Jerry, Sonoran God. I sense that in my naivite, I am missing something. That your really do like him and love to tease him. Excuse me for asking. It is only because, excuse me, I feel like I am developing relationships with the regular posters. I hope a good one, because we go to Mexico enough that I could meet you all sometime and would certainly like to. We will be down in Sept, about the third week and then in October again for a much longer period of time.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
ANYBODY who has half a brain is watching their front end, back end, and both sides right now in most of Mexico. Didn't stop me from going to Lobos a couple weeks ago, won't stop me from coming down in the future. But, the eye of the hawk is definitely out anywhere I go. And yes, it's good to know where the bad stuff happens. Just means being extra careful in those areas. No cheerleading, no doom and gloom... just plain ol' reality. There's some bad stuff going down in places it never went down before and the more prepared you are for it, the better your chances of living to tell about it and making another trip in the future. You'd be foolish NOT to want to know.

:eek:strich:

F

funkaliciousbeachball

A good summer feud - fun - now that's a attitude I can respect. I salute you Jerry. Salud!
Where is Santo Tomas? Sounds intriguning.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Full disclosure is good for the soul...as well as those who may be hurt...if your reason for not wanting others to know what is truly going on is selfish, say maybe cuz they might not rent your condo or buy your product, you are part of the problem. I can sleep at night because I am not going to keep info to myself that can help someone. I believe we are all (well, some of us anyway) adults and can make up our own minds.