Can I get in and out without a Passport??

InkaRoads

cronopiador
just came back yesterday from RP and at the border remember that the passports are nicely tacked in the nightstand drawer, the custom agent wanted only the DL both wife's and mine, literally 5 seconds later he was handing them back and letting us in the young bad USA!!
Then again over 23 years of going back and forth I bet my list of INs and OUTs of USA is well documented!!

Landshark

Well Known Member
They knew everything about you before you even got to the inspection booth. Just talked to a young man who's father has worked for CBP in the inspection booth for many years. He confirmed what we already suspected about their border surveillance equipment, information tracking abilities, and how they are well trained on how to question you. He even confirmed they know when you exit the US, so the next time they ask you how long you were in Mexico, be honest because they already know the answer.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
My wife and 2 kid's crossed back into the US yesterday with expired passports for my kids.
Handed the agents 1 valid passport for my wife and expired passports for my kid's.
They never said a word. Imagine that! LOL

ben21

Well Known Member
Our passports are in L.A. at the Brazilian consulate awaiting a visa. When we passed thru yesterday we were very polite w/ the officer and he just took our drivers license, looked us up on the computer, and let us go within a minute of so.

Legaldeb

Please read the US rules and not clutter up this board with nonsense questions. If you desire to leave the US,and to come back, get a US Passport. It will make your re-entry to the US much easier. Please realize, no matter how easy it has been to cross both ways across the border, Mexico is a foreign country. If you have a problem with US (Arizona) immigration laws, please become familiar with the immigration laws of other countries (especially Mexico).
Amen! I hate to be mean, but the passport "thing" has been going on for years! If y desire to leave Rocky Point without being hassled, get a passport! Now that I've bitched and moaned, I'm wondering what the age children are required to have passports? One more thing, I'm always thinking about taking my animals to rocky point but never do because I have read the requirements and it sounds like a hassle; is it really? My sister who owns a home in Las Conchas always brings her pets and no shot records etc. and swears it's no problem- she never gets additional insurance either and I think she's nuts but maybe it's me (I hate when that happens, lol) thanks in advance!

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
One more thing, I'm always thinking about taking my animals to rocky point but never do because I have read the requirements and it sounds like a hassle; is it really? My sister who owns a home in Las Conchas always brings her pets and no shot records etc. and swears it's no problem- she never gets additional insurance either and I think she's nuts but maybe it's me (I hate when that happens, lol) thanks in advance!
I'm thinking your sister might have small animals (?) My two big dogs have become a guarantee that we get pulled over. (I've put them in the "down" position and gotten by the "pet" inspector, but if pulled over for a random green light, they call the pet inspector over as well.) And once pulled over, papers for them are required. It is really sad, because now that my pets are geriatric (and always indoors, fenced, or on leash), I refuse to continue their annual Rabies boosters. Consequently, we must deny them the fun times on the beach, while hiring a costly pet sitter every time we go (which is at least once a month). Kills me.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Always take the dogs. Sometimes they ask for papers, take their pics, the whole nine yards. Last month got the red light, asked where we were going, looked in the back of the truck, saw the dogs and sent us on our way ?? All depends who is working, I don't know??

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Always take the dogs. Sometimes they ask for papers, take their pics, the whole nine yards. Last month got the red light, asked where we were going, looked in the back of the truck, saw the dogs and sent us on our way ?? All depends who is working, I don't know??
It is only when SAGARPA, http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAGARPA has somebody working that checks dogs, the others on the border work for SAT and will confiscate dog food, but have nothing to do with checking dog papers.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Trouble is (as lagrimas points out) SAGARPA is often working -- at least almost every time we pass. And they have us on file from previous stops -- old vaccination records, dog photos, drivers license. So for us to hand them some line about not knowing of the rule wouldn't go over.

mis2810

Well Known Member
There are lot of people that do not believe in vaccinating their animals - for various reasons. Never thought about it before, but I wonder how many people forge their pet's papers every year? Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do if you're even the least bit computer savvy. The people checking the papers mostly likely don't even know what they're reading - just looking for something official looking, don't you think?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Yes, They have more pics of my dogs than I do ! It would be nice if you could get receipt or something, yearly pass ??
You can take your own picture of the dogs and make copies, to hand to the Sagarpa guy's, we were told by the dog checker. It saves a little time......

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
I love the pics Todd! I forgot my purse (and passport) in the states, and got back into the states last night with just providing them my name and DOB- no ID.