Carnaval 2012 Puerto Penasco

GV Jack

Snorin God
OK boys and girls, beware...GV Jack and Mrs GV Jack are coming to town for a quick three days from February 20th.

That's as close to a quickie as we get these days.

My question is do the shops and restaurants stay open and say if we want to go to Panne y Vine for dinner on Monday the 20th, will the streets be open?

Also how bad is the road situation around the Old Port?

So many questions, so little time.

OK boys and girls, beware...GV Jack and Mrs GV Jack are coming to town for a quick three days from February 20th.

My question is do the shops and restaurants stay open and say if we want to go to Panne y Vine for dinner on Monday the 20th, will the streets be open?

Also how bad is the road situation around the Old Port?

Old Port is easier to get into... but it's still rough getting out...

I'll leave the other questions unanswered so the other boys and girls can play too....

playaperro

El Pirata
Old Port is easier to get into... but it's still rough getting out...

I'll leave the other questions unanswered so the other boys and girls can play too....
Yeah Mark, Their two ways out of old port or three if you throw someone off the point restaurant!

Yeah....and you feel like you're off-roading....and the routes out seem to change every day! One of my friends got seasick after driving out!

Roberto

They close the streets for parades, how many, no se. They have been during the daylight so dinner later should be fine.

Don't forget to call ahead and notify the Comandante of your arrival.

GV Jack

Snorin God

I thought they closed the streets because I'm coming to town.

Roberto said, "Don't forget to call ahead and notify the Comandante of your arrival"

Got it covered senor. I sent my check to the Comandante already. We're working on a pay as you go deal.

I have one free transgression coming. I'm thinking of stopping at a stop light. Boy, that'll screw them up.

I can hear it now. "What's he up too?" They'll probably pull me over for general purposes.

They better not mess with Mrs GV though. She's meaner than a TiGator.

The wife and I are coming down that same weekend. Is this something new they are doing? We have been down over the Pres Day weekend several other times and dont recall any type of Carnaval. I hope we will not have anything to worry about. If it makes it a bigger party, the more the merrier I say.

Carnaval corresponds to Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday)....which is on a different date each year. This year, it corresponds to President's Day weekend....last year it was in March.

From the schedule it looks like most of the activities, other than the parades, will be down by the Penasco del Sol...hopefully there won't be a reoccurrence of last year's shootout on Calle 13 and the street to the marina/Navy base.

Roberto

Mardi Gras in Penasco.jpgRed Dancer.jpgP2160241.jpg

These are from 2 years ago. The costumes in the parade were absolutely wonderful. They put a lot of work into making the parade fun. Don't miss one.

Roberto

From the schedule it looks like most of the activities, other than the parades, will be down by the Penasco del Sol...hopefully there won't be a reoccurrence of last year's shootout on Calle 13 and the street to the marina/Navy base.
How many time you wanna repeat this Joe and what's your point. Carnival is DANGEROUS !!??!! The problem last year had nothing to do with Carnival. You might as well hope there is not a problem on Friday this week and repeat that several times !!

How many time you wanna repeat this Joe and what's your point. Carnival is DANGEROUS !!??!! The problem last year had nothing to do with Carnival. You might as well hope there is not a problem on Friday this week and repeat that several times !!
Roberto...down boy...down! What or who put a stick up your ass?

How many times? This is the first I made mention of it..... I'm one of the the last people on here that brings up the matter of drug/cartel violence in Penasco! If it wasn't that it was the "gang that couldn't shoot straight"....how many deaths would there have been?

Who started this thread? Who posted the link to a schedule of the events?